Suggestion for a web based streaming audio server?

Kaos

[H]ard|Gawd
So I've gotten rather pissy with my media/fileserver running on windows and the bluescreen on boot was the last straw.

Since I kept the data on separate drives from the OS I was OK there. I'm running Ubuntu 9.04. I was able to move all my data around and set the drives up as ext3 and I have them set properly in fstab so they're mounted at boot.

The main thing I use my server for is UPnP streaming to my Xbox for watching movies that I've created backups of (so the kids can't scratch/lose the discs), file storage and music streaming.

On windows I had just created shares for file storage (now using Samba), used PS3MediaServer for UPnP services (still using this as it's java, though a lot of time has been spent getting it working the right way under linux) but I've found a hole in the web based music streaming that was previously filled by www.jukefly.com - it has an app that resides on your machine and indexes your music and allows you to stream it. They don't have a linux build but have been "working on one" - I saw subsonic but the interface leaves something to be desired.

Does anyone know of any web based music streaming applications that will work in the same manner as jukefly? I dont want constant streams of random music, I want to be able to pick what I want to listen to, make playlists etc.

Thanks!

Ahhh, looks like you can't read...along with being a jackass.

I said WEB BASED - as in WEB BROWSER. I even gave a link to an application to show what I'm talking about. Obviously I googled what I was looking for, but wasnt satisfied with what I had found...which is why I posted here. WTF is the point of having a discussion board if you aren't going to discuss anything. Move along.

SpaceHonkey, that should fill what I'm looking for. Thanks!

I am indeed a jackass. :D
good luck with ampache
lmgtfy is terrific though isn't it.

I am indeed a jackass. :D
good luck with ampache
lmgtfy is terrific though isn't it.

No, it's a waste of time.

In the time it took you to setup the link, you could of spammed a few results from Google search:D

Back