Suggested rads for cooling loop?

2dFx

Weaksauce
I'm planning on cooling 2x Fury X's, a 5930k + mobo Vreg's and mosfets with custom water blocks. What size of rads would you use if you planned to OC everything?

I was thinking 2x 280mm rads for the video cards and a 420mm rad for the cpu/mobo. Is this too much? Or can I simplify this somewhat?

I am running the same setup more or less, 5930K and 2 x Fury X's with an Aquacomputer 360 Rad and a 240 rad in serial.

I have an extra 360 and 240 if your interested. Fury's stay frosty in the 40 - 50's in game.

What's your case you're using? The case plays a big part in determining what radiators to use.

Keep everything in one loop. It'll simplify things.

You can never have too much rad capacity! This especially true if you want the fans at very low speed. For fun I fit 3 XSPC RX480 ver3 rads with Gentle Typhoon AP15 fans in my Thermaktake Core X9.

I think the op will be fine with 2 280s + a 420. The Phantek Ethoo Primo should be GREAT!

I'm planning on cooling 2x Fury X's, a 5930k + mobo Vreg's and mosfets with custom water blocks. What size of rads would you use if you planned to OC everything?

I was thinking 2x 280mm rads for the video cards and a 420mm rad for the cpu/mobo. Is this too much? Or can I simplify this somewhat?

Curious what did you end up going with? and where did you place the rads?

You can never have too much rad capacity! This especially true if you want the fans at very low speed. For fun I fit 3 XSPC RX480 ver3 rads with Gentle Typhoon AP15 fans in my Thermaktake Core X9.

I think the op will be fine with 2 280s + a 420. The Phantek Ethoo Primo should be GREAT!

How tough was it to fit the 3 480's??

33udbh5.jpg

6gcsg5.jpg

EQvet80, Not tough at all. the 2 480s fit easily in the roof using the brackets in the roof and the third 480 was mounted using the HDD cage mounting brackets. It fit on the lower left side as you look at the case from the front. I had the outlet from the Bay/res powered by 2 D5s in series connect straight across into the bottom of the left side 480. The top outlet connected into the 2nd 480 in the roof which via 2 90" fittings connected into the third 480 which connected into the cpu block. It then connected into the gpu block and then back to the pump. Pretty straight forward.

I am running the same setup more or less, 5930K and 2 x Fury X's with an Aquacomputer 360 Rad and a 240 rad in serial.

I have an extra 360 and 240 if your interested. Fury's stay frosty in the 40 - 50's in game.

What are your water temps? I'm running a 295x2 and 5820k with an XSPC EX420 and EX240 with a d5 pump and my water temps hit 39c.

Back