Suggested alternatives to Google Reminders? Mostly for location-based. Google is *very* bad.

DaRuSsIaMaN

[H]ard|Gawd
The title pretty much sums it up. I really like location-based reminders. Just wondering if anyone has recommendations, since Google Reminders has become a complete shit-show and totally broken. It's pretty crazy how such a successful company can sink so low on this simple feature...

My reminders are working just fine (i use them all the time and used a location based one this morning and it worked) but you could use an app like Tasker or Locale to do what you want.

Yeah, I only occasionally use them, but location based reminders have worked 100% of the time for me as well through Google Assistant. That was on my Nexus 6P and current Pixel 2 XL too though.

Ok I just learned that you can do location-based reminders with Google Keep. Definitely looks like the path of least resistance, by far, if it works. Since it's another Google product, I'm not too hopeful....

Yeah, those reminders seemed to work fine when I barely used them. It seemed like the more I started to rely on it, the more f***** it became. Around the time when I posted this thread, I had an incident where I was out and about in the city during the weekend and made a couple reminders while I was on the bus or train to go off when I got to work. I was thinking, I want to remember to do this on Monday once I arrive on campus. Guess what? Both reminders went off when I got home that day. Wtf?? I was so angry. And of course they didn't go off when I actually got to work that Monday.

Back