Suggest me a decent 12 inch (or smaller) lappy

Bad Karma

Weaksauce
I only have two requirements. One, I'd like it to be small, preferable 12 inches or under. Two, I'd like to play counter strike source.

I've been looking at some sony vaios on ebay but I don't know if they'll do counter strike. Besides that though I'm liking those.

i dont know if you will find an ultraportable that can run cs:s, most of the ultraportables use integrated video to save battery life and because they are mostly used for word processing, presentations, and spreadsheet type work. The "gaming" notebooks are usually in the 15-17" screen area.

That is sort of what I was thinking. That sucks. I guess now it is down to whether or not I want to keep playing CSS lol.

There is about 9 different sellers letting them go for that price. I think I'm going to go for it.

Plus that guy lives in florida, so if its a rip off I can go find his store and slap him. :D

if you want to play counterstrike make sure that it comes with the nvidia 7400 go discrete graphics, the intel integrated blows. Looks like the ebay link you posted does not have the 7400 so i would not get it if i were you, but i could be wrong.

i had no idea that laptops were so cheap on ebay....

looks like that will be where i buy my next when i graduate college...

sin01 said:
um are those scams, those are damn good prices!

I don't think they are. I bought a refurbed inspiron 6000 a while ago and it was a refurb and it worked like a champ.

where can i find this (or stuff like this) on Dell outlet? (not meant to be a smart ass or anything, but i just dont know where to look.. .so this is an honest question)

M1210 right here.

$890 + s/h is not a good deal. You can get them from DellOutlet for that.

I got mine for $1178 shipped from Dell Outlet -

T7200 (2.0Ghz + 4Mb L2 cache)
120Gb HDD
1.0Gb DDR2 RAM
8x DVD-RW + Dual Layer
Intel Pro A/B/G Wifi
Integrated 1.3Mpixel Logitech Webcam
256Mb Geforce 7400 Go.

I can play most any game I want on it, at lower quality settings. HL2 and older can play high settings. :cool:

Doward said:
M1210 right here.

$890 + s/h is not a good deal. You can get them from DellOutlet for that.

I got mine for $1178 shipped from Dell Outlet -

T7200 (2.0Ghz + 4Mb L2 cache)
120Gb HDD
1.0Gb DDR2 RAM
8x DVD-RW + Dual Layer
Intel Pro A/B/G Wifi
Integrated 1.3Mpixel Logitech Webcam
256Mb Geforce 7400 Go.

I can play most any game I want on it, at lower quality settings. HL2 and older can play high settings. :cool:

seems to be none available from the outlet ATM :( :(

PS: you guys r making me jealous of your M1210s... stop it

brucedeluxe169 said:
seems to be none available from the outlet ATM :( :(

PS: you guys r making me jealous of your M1210s... stop it
don't be too jealous, I paid full price for mine :eek:

Costco.com used to sell the M1210s for pretty good prices, dont know if they still do.

yeah i got a refurb m1210 off ebay. paid $1123 for it. base core 2 duo and nvidia 7400 go with a gig of ram. good fuckin deal i think. i've been loadin demos on it to see how it plays everything. handles hl2 nice, quake 4 is alright...was pretty slow on high qual so i bet if i took it down to med it could play fine. its just amazing what this laptop can do for its size...plus the fact its got everything but the kitchen sink...card reader, dvd burner, option for mobile broadband, 4 usb ports, express card slot, etc. thing is decked out.

My M1210 sucks, Q4 is a slideshow, even older stuff like Payne2 and Painkiller can't run run all turned up. Hell, Vista isn't even smooth running Aero and you can forget about Beryl under linux. :(

PLANT said:
My M1210 sucks, Q4 is a slideshow, even older stuff like Payne2 and Painkiller can't run run all turned up. Hell, Vista isn't even smooth running Aero and you can forget about Beryl under linux. :(

sucks for you :D my m1210 is great. it does everything i need for grad school, and when i have time i can sit down and play some bf2.

PLANT said:
1. the M1210 is not a gaming powerhouse. If you bought it to solely to play games then you fail it.
2. It depends on what options you selected. If you got the integrated graphics and little memory then you are lucky to beable to run anything
3. did you reformat it the moment you got it? Like most pre-build computers these things run like crap untill you reformat it and get rid of all the pre-installed aids.

Don't get me wrong, I'm satisfied with it, just wanted to to state that Q4 running on it was an opinion rather than fact. Mine has the standard enthusiast options as well, 2GHz Core2Duo, 1GB, 7400go, and 80gb 7200. I got rid of the bloat as soon as I got it as well, running a XP/Arch dual boot.

Back