Suggest a sub 1000 video camera?

jojasary

Weaksauce
Could anyone suggest or link me to an average to quality video camera that is USB digital? I knwo the best ones are well over 2000, but my budget is kind of like 1000. Is that possible for me to get an average movie camera for that? thanks

You cant transfer video over USB. firewire ONLY. Or analog if you want, but firewire is recommended.

Get a used GL-1 off ebay maybe. Stay away from GL-2s. they are nice, but have some reliability problems.

See if you can grab a VX-2000 off ebay, its a little better than the GL-1 IMHO.

If you want something a little smaller, the Sony PDX-10 is a good choice.

EDIT: damn, it looks like they're too much :(

It looks like the GL1 is the best value

wow the GL1 looks really nice, although it is like 1225 on ebay, which I MAY be able to afford, but does anyone else suggest any other good cameras? Or am I screwed considering my budget?

The GL1 is the minimum I would suggest if you are looking for something serious...

XL1-S's may be getting cheaper soon thanks to the release of the XL2 and they do a decent job

I read on a list of things NEVER to buy used, a video camera was right up there with underwear and toothbrushes.

The Panasonic GS200 is one of the only 3CCD camcorders under $1000. 3 chips means better color and quality. I have one and it's beautiful! You can't get better quality for around $1000.

The only issue I have is with the Electronic Image Stabilization. It's kinda quirky sometimes, so I turn it off when I use a tripod. But the quality is awesome otherwise!

For a little more money, the Panasonic GS400 uses Optical Image Stabilization. Plus it has bigger imaging chips and a bigger lense.

If your budget is close to $1000, you should be leaning towards a 3 chip camcorder.

MScrip said:
The Panasonic GS200 is one of the only 3CCD camcorders under $1000. 3 chips means better color and quality. I have one and it's beautiful! You can't get better quality for around $1000.

The only issue I have is with the Electronic Image Stabilization. It's kinda quirky sometimes, so I turn it off when I use a tripod. But the quality is awesome otherwise!

For a little more money, the Panasonic GS400 uses Optical Image Stabilization. Plus it has bigger imaging chips and a bigger lense.

If your budget is close to $1000, you should be leaning towards a 3 chip camcorder.

QFT

3 CCDs is a must and optical (read gyro) image stabilization will always beat electronic IS.

i finally made it to a camera store, and the guy only had a gs120, but he said the gs120 is identical to the 200, besides the 200 has a betetr resolution

Back