Suggest a good MP game for a group of co workers

leezard

Supreme [H]ardness
So, my boss is asking what a good game would be that he can buy all of the staff so that we can all get together and do some "team building" lol. Theres about 30 employees but usually only about 10-12 interested in getting some game time in.

We already play l4d 1 and 2, but are wanting something that EVERYONE can get in on. We used to play urban terror

Since no one reads past the first one or two posts. We already have a game thanks. Boss bought the entire staff BC2

Last edited:
I know alot of guys I work with used to play alot of Starcraft. So maybe Starcraft ii? I don't know thr player limit though. Seems that most of the large player games are all fps. So bad company 2?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I know alot of guys I work with used to play alot of Starcraft. So maybe Starcraft ii? I don't know thr player limit though. Seems that most of the large player games are all fps. So bad company 2?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

This might also be helpful ... FPS are good, we all play them But ideally it should be something we can set up on our own hardware (we manage about 1200 servers so I'm sure we can "scrounge" a box to put something on)

Worms Armageddon. I also say Unreal Tournament, Capture the flag or Bombing Run would certainly help "Team Building".

Monday Night Combat?

I haven't ever played it, so this may just be a horrible suggestion, but it looks like it has dedicated servers and up to 6v6 combat, which could be perfect for your 10-12 players.

Well, if you are looking for a fun, Team Based/class based objective game that will run well on most hardware, Team Fortress 2 is a good bet. It's more cartoony, so it's less likely to put people off then the L4D series. It also requires a good deal of team work to succeed in.

Day of Defeat Source might not be a bad game to try too, as it's a team based/class based game that will run on most systems also. And now I sound like a spokes person for Valve lol.

quake 3 arena insta gib mod
bad company 2 (since its so cheap 20 bucks or 15 for vietnam)
Garrys mod and start your own building server

StarCraft 2, UT, we still play Quake3, Dungeon Fighter, borderlands...

we're also a bunch of wow players so we play that as well.

Team Fortress 2, BF: BC2, Trackmania, HL2: DM (Grav gun and mele only).

There are lots.

Day of Defeat source! Good communication in a team can go a long way.

Serious Sam 2...cheap and can have as MANY people playing coop as you want. Just have to edit the server ini.

For 10-12 people there are only a few worthwhile shooters (imo) that come to mind.

UT3, AvP, and CS:S all stand out in my head as games that could be great with a small group. Try Predator Hunt or Infestation mode in AvP. In the former, one person is the Predator and anyone who kills them spawns as the new Predator. It becomes a game of hide-and-seek as the Predator tries to pick off Marines without being spotted. For the latter, there is one Alien at the start but every Marine killed becomes a new Alien. Last Marine alive wins :D

Like others suggested, you could try some RTS games. SC2 is pretty easy to figure out, but I like CoH or DoW2 better. The complexity and game length may turn some off though.

We are all gamers, "figuring a game out" isnt a problem. I was mostly looking for FPS suggestions for games I might have missed myself like AvP and Serious Sam, I've already suggested UT2004 and TF2

If you don't mind the old school graphics a great freebie is Urban Terror. It's based off the Quake 3 engine (so very aged by today's standards) but it is pretty fun and can run on almost anything.

Warcraft 3 with custom maps -dota, td, etc
Wolfenstein Enemy Territory - the first one
some of the hl source mods such as empires
half life mods such as science and industry
Minecraft!
Battlezone 2 - need the community patches though
Battlefield series was pretty fun, last i played was 2142.
renegade-x also looks promising http://www.renegade-x.com/site/

Last edited:
Renegade X is awesome. Nobody is ever playing though, but that wouldn't matter since the OP is talking about a group anyways. Whats great about it is that the main mode requires team work since you need people to attack, defend, repair. Right now its just a mod for UT3 which is also a good game, but soon there will be a stand alone version which I'm guessing would be free.

Theres also of course regular Renegade which could probably be bought in a command and conquer bundle for really cheap. Theres still a couple active servers for it. Matter of fact I'm gonna go play right now.

Free game (or $1 donation for upgraded full version), runs on all computers, team work shootemup with red/blue teams. Loads quick, customizable server settings,yadayada,perfect additional game for you to play......

SOLDAT http://www.soldat.pl/

If you don't mind the old school graphics a great freebie is Urban Terror. It's based off the Quake 3 engine (so very aged by today's standards) but it is pretty fun and can run on almost anything.

Did you seriously not even read the OP of the thread?

I had a good bit of fun playing Halo on the PC. I think that had (please correct me if I'm wrong) LAN/online multiplayer as well.

boss bought BC2 for everyone that didnt have it today, if he had been a day earlier it would have been half as much lol

We are all gamers, "figuring a game out" isnt a problem. I was mostly looking for FPS suggestions for games I might have missed myself like AvP and Serious Sam, I've already suggested UT2004 and TF2

Well my suggestion was going to be UT2004, but then also download the "Deathball" conversion for it!

http://www.deathball.net/

If you have never played Deathball, you are really missing out on a ton of team based FPS gaming!!! Man, we used to play that in LAN parties, and it was a serious blast:D:D:D

boss bought BC2 for everyone that didnt have it today, if he had been a day earlier it would have been half as much lol

That should be a great time as well. Very team based for sure.

All of you have a great time:p

Someone mentioned Minecraft on the previous page and I have to second that. While I am not a minecraft fan I think that it would be a great choice specifically for team building exercises. You boss could set up a multiplayer server and ahead of time come up with a blueprint for an object/building/design that you and the other co-workers are to all build together. From there it would ultimately be up to you guys on how to proceed and micromanage the resource gathering and construction of it. I can see this being a great way to either shred communication between co-workers or strengthen it.

Since it is not a shooter (eg L4D) it also might suck in a few of the non-gamers who have no interest in zombies and guns.

Anyone mention Quake Live yet?

Just one person has to buy a pro membership; Therefore he/she can create a private server and then invite your co-workers; Who are free members.

Anyone mention Quake Live yet?

Just one person has to buy a pro membership; Therefore he/she can create a private server and then invite your co-workers; Who are free members.

We tried quake live, didnt care for it.

I called this for a "team building exercise" , but thats really not what it is. It's more like a chance for all employees to get together for a couple hours a week on company time and blow off steam. Minecraft is out of the question.

Team Fortress 2 , dirt cheap and almost always on sale on Steam. Fantastic game play , really my personal fav to play with friends over the years recently.

Any interest in Diablo clones? I'd recommend Titan Quest. It was $5 again on steam a couple days ago. Great for LAN games.

Someone already mentioned it, Monday Night Combat. Interesting FPS style MOBA game. Not sure on the team size, previous poster mentioned 6v6 which would work. Recently released on steam, i played it on XBOX live arcade. Thought it was a good time, and pretty challenging, with a pretty decent teamwork element.

Back