Sug.: Ability to change title in FS forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, no, it's an across the board setting that can't be altered for specific forums.

We've already set post editing so the FS/T crowd can edit posts for updates indefinitely, and you have 10 minutes to edit your thread title for typos or whatever.

actually, vbulletin allows forum permissions to be changed on a per forum basis.It's a simple few clicks of the mouse and I am sure mota, or kyle knows how to do it.
I too vote for this feature as it's agrivating to click on a thread only to find all the stuff has been sold.

On anandtech people can change the title to SOLD so you dont waste your time.

cyr0n_k0r said:
actually, vbulletin allows forum permissions to be changed on a per forum basis.It's a simple few clicks of the mouse and I am sure mota, or kyle knows how to do it.
I too vote for this feature as it's agrivating to click on a thread only to find all the stuff has been sold.

On anandtech people can change the title to SOLD so you dont waste your time.

PizzOWNED :-D

ToddTheFrog said:
PizzOWNED :-D
Ya know what? I couldn't find the admin CP settings to fix it. And I've spent a lot of time checking around the CP.

Earlier I shot off a PM to Kyle and John (our resident vBull wiz) to see if they want to do anything about it. That's about the best I can do. Because John would know how to do it, and Kyle would be the one to approve it.

Stating that an admin here (me) has been "PizzOWNED" doesn't really serve a purpose. The mods/admins here work really hard without a salary. Insulting us really doesn't help anything. :(

Lethal is right here-the privledge is assigned not on a per-forum basis, but is available based on a timeout in the global options(message posting options) not in usergroup permissions or forum permissions (note that admins/supermods/mods may always edit)

If you're curious, the setting is found here.
http://www.iupload.net/082004/threadedit.jpg

Lethal is right. No changes will be made currently. Sorry.

Lethal said:
Insulting us really doesn't help anything. :(
I wasnt insulting you. I was simply stating that vbulletin DOES have that feature and it is possiable for user permissions to be changed on a per forum basis.

cyr0n_k0r said:
I wasnt insulting you. I was simply stating that vbulletin DOES have that feature and it is possiable for user permissions to be changed on a per forum basis.
Permissions can be set on a per forum basis. Editing the title is not one of those permissions.

it seems as though your right. After looking in one of my own control panels I notice it allows moving and deleteing own threads, but not editing thread titles. I could have sworn that was an option in VB2.. I dont know why they would take it out.

cyr0n_k0r said:

No, it was ToddTheFrog saying I was "PizzOWNED" because of your post. I got no beef with you, bud. :)

At any rate, the question was asked and Kyle answered it, so as far as I'm concerned, this ticket is closed.

EDIT: And as far as anandtech's forums go, they're running something called FuseTalk, not vBulletin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back