Subnautica - Free Thru Epic Games Launcher (12/14-12/27)

Dunno if anyone mentioned it yet:

Game is monolithic and not account bound. I was able to download and install, then move the Subnautica folder to a different drive. Then uninstalled Epic Launcher. Game still works just fine running the executable.

That's for people who don't want to deal with the launcher!

If you like Survival games, with resource gathering, crafting and exploring then this is definitely for you.

I fucking hate survival games with resource gathering and crafting, along with hunger/thirst meters. Hate them. However, this one works for me. Even though you can turn that stuff off and play, I found the story pretty good, the environment exceptionally well done and even with the bugs from early access (I was hesitant to buy it in early access, they're typically a shitshow of unfinished promises) the devs came through and released a very fine game. There's a few things that I didn't quite care for, mainly with base building (power management, I guess, extending to the mobile base), but this game really clicked with me. I feel they really nailed the atmosphere. I'm waiting for the sequel.

There are some things that are not explained very well, and I did get stuck, but I was doing things in early access. The game felt episodic and further patches screwed with my perception of the game. Had I started fresh, and played the finished product, I don't think I would have had my issues.

Loved this game, one of the few survival VR enabled titles that was immersive and creepy, even for a non horror game.

Back