Subnautica: Below Zero - final release May 14th

sphinx99

Gawd
I've been playing the follow-up to Subnautica for about a year now on Steam EA and with the February 25th "Seaworthy Update" I can personally attest to the game being feature complete and rock solid. The story is implemented and content is now voiced, and I simply love this game. For those who played the original, Below Zero is quite similar in feel but there are some differences:

- a lot of changes to mobility... seamoths and the submarine give way to a modular "seatrain" as well as a land vehicle

- with voice acting added, the story feels richer and more compelling

- it's not quite as terrifying for me as its predecessor but I don't know if that's the game or simply me

But all the things you love from the original are intact including fantastical biomes, superb controls, and the smoothest base building one can find anywhere.

I definitely recommend it--amazing game. While it's still EA, from my perspective the game is effectively done.

https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/subnautica-below-zero/

Colonel Sanders

Supreme [H]ardness
Cool, I've been waiting for it to leave EA. Also, the experimental branch updates for the original game are awesome. They turned it from a stuttery mess to butter smooth (when cruising along and the world is streaming in.)

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
I've already played through twice, will probably do it again after full release, I just love these games.

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
Been playing this series since the original's first year of Early Access (have the hull plate to prove it). Love it. Played through all existing content in Below Zero again after Seaworthy was released. Outside of some quality of life improvements I'd like to see, the game feels as close to ready as it's ever been. Looking forward to the final release.