Sub $1/gb SSD! WD 64gb $61 shipped, no rebates, or $56 with review

Mr34727

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.mwave.com/mwave/SKUSearc...ATA/300 - Serial ATA - Internal (Recertified)

Western Digital SiliconEdge Blue SSC-D0064SC-2100 Solid State Drive 64 GB - Serial ATA/300 - Serial ATA - Internal (Recertified)

Up to 250 MB/s read and up to 170 MB/s write transfer rates
TRIM command support (Windows 7)
90-Day Warranty

Write a review for another $5 off, making it $56 shipped.

I have the 256gb version, no complaints at all.

Can I trust installing my OS on a recertified SSD?

yes it is fine. just make sure to update the firmware if there is any and to do secure erase before installing the os.

I bought some used ssd before and they all worked fine after I did those steps.

darn... not shipping in Canada.
Why don't we get sweet deals like that :(

Grabbed one, had an mwave coupon that was about to expire from a previous purchase.

bought one for my dell 11z i picked up from the dell outlet for $159

Might want to update the OP, you also get a $10 off a puture purchase at mwave with this drive.

Hmm, this would go nicely in my new HTPC, but I JUST got done installing windows 7 yesterday.

Since its a WD drive is there a software i can use to clone to it? I remember you used to be able to get acronis true image for free if you had a WD drive installed.

Hmm, this would go nicely in my new HTPC, but I JUST got done installing windows 7 yesterday.

Since its a WD drive is there a software i can use to clone to it? I remember you used to be able to get acronis true image for free if you had a WD drive installed.

you can get a trial of symantec (the good corporate version) ghost and just do that, if you are just using the pre os disc you can pretty much use that forever. the trial just shuts down the backend server after 30 days, which if you are just using local cloning you don't need. It's nice because it doesn't really care what drive it is as long as it has your mb sata drivers in its database.

LAZY. lol, Windows 7 Install takes 5 minutes on an SSD.

This is very tempting. Okay, what's the downside here (aside from being rectified)? Is it a crappy drive?

The title got my hopes up for nothing. It's used and refurbished :(

Hard drives and tv/monitors are something I never buy unless new.

Last edited:
Back