Stupid Windows Security Attribute prevents me from copying my documents...

Justinkoko

Gawd
I have zazillions of document files stored under the name of "Document Database"

Under this "Document Database" there are about 20 other folders within..

Within those 20 folders there are yet another folders averaging about 5.

The reason why I'm describing the file structure is because this is very important to the problem I'm having right now..

Stupid windows security attribute (no idea how to properly name it) prevents me from copying files UNLESS I get the "owner" and add account to the file as "everyone" so everyone has access to copy,delete,move, ect ect..

Unfortunately, I can't just do this with my MAIN "Document Database" folder to let other subdirectories to have the same effect.

This means that I have to do this "security attribute removing procedure" with every subdirectories I have under "Document Database."

Now, I'm not XP Pro expert so I don't know how I'm suppose to do this without manually re-assigning every directories..

Can you guys lend me some hand here so I don't have to spend 10 hrs adding new account to my files?

Code:
chmod -R 777 parent_directory

:p

But on a more serious note, perhaps there is a command in windows that is similar to chmod? perhaps one that can work recursively. I don't know, but perhaps some of the windows gurus here know of a command line permissions tool that can operate recursively.

open My computers

Tools / Folder Options / View

uncheck at the very bottom "use simply file sharing"

THen right click youre folder and go to the security tab / advance

should give you all the options you need.

MrGuvernment said:
open My computers

Tools / Folder Options / View

uncheck at the very bottom "use simply file sharing"

THen right click youre folder and go to the security tab / advance

should give you all the options you need.

Yes that's how I change permission to my folders but the problem is that I can't let subdirectories/subfiles take the same effect..

This is how I currently "unlock" my files..

74714.jpg

74715.jpg

74716.jpg

74717.jpg

74718.jpg

Now you told me to go to "advanced" tab..well here's the picture..what do I do next?

74719.jpg

PS:

According to this...EVERYONE should have full access to all my folders/subfolder/files..

But really it only does it to the folder I right click...WTF!!
74723.jpg

Check the box "Replace permission entries on all child objects..."

^^ i wasnt sure if that would do it or not, so i didnt say anythig but i had thought it should :D

Back