Stupid Scientific Study of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Did we really need a study to find this out? They had to poll 340,000 to find out that having to work sucks and that Friday is the best day of the work week? :rolleyes:

We may say we hate Mondays, but research suggests Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays are equally loathed. US investigators who looked at a poll of 340,000 people found moods were no worse on Mondays than other working days, bar Friday.

I personally think Thursdays is the worst d ay of the week.
Mondays, you come out of the weekend refreshed then starts to go down hill from that til you reach Fridays which you say fuck off to your drama workplace.

Edit fix:
I personally think Thursday is the worst day of the week.
Mondays, you come out of the weekend refreshed then starts to go down hill from that til you reach Fridays which you say fuck off to your drama workplace.

Tuesday is the worst for me, it's not the middle of the week, it's not the first neither so it just kind of annoys you. Monday is easiest because the day always feels like it goes by quickly. Wed is the half way point so for me it can be either good or bad. And Thursday is just, meh looking forward to Friday kind of feeling.

Thursdays are paydays. That's enough to get Thursday as the best. Then I can call in sick on Friday.

I like working - helps if you have great place to work, great people, and like what you are doing.

And I think Fridays are NOT the best day of the week. Friday's are bastard days that mock you and all the things you didn't get done during the week... at least I have plenty to do :)

Considering that I do this stuff for a living (research), I'll defend it.

These guys didn't go out and survey 340,000 people. They used existing survey data in a new and different way to test whether "Monday Blues" or "Yay it's Friday!" exist, statistically speaking. They found that while the Friday effect DOES exist, the Monday one doesn't.

This is fairly interesting I think, and somewhat counter-intuitive. I would have argued the Monday effect would have also been there as well.

The cost for this study was next to nothing, and now, we all better understand human nature for it, and can speak definitively about these things. This is "stupid" or bad why?

Tax payer funded grant money. Frankly, at this point, I'd kill for a 4/10 week. The ability to have a friday off to get shit done in my personal life would be fantastic. 4 on/3 off. The while 5/8 is old and has to go.

Not a big fan of Sunday.

Yeah it is one of those days where you don't have to work, but yet you don't want to do much because you have to work the next day. I don't do shit on Sundays because I don't want to go out and have a limited amount of time to do stuff. Plus I need a recovery day depending on what I do.

The cost for this study was next to nothing, and now, we all better understand human nature for it, and can speak definitively about these things. This is "stupid" or bad why?

These people aren't conducting these surveys for free, not to mention whatever resources they used, not to mention the time wasted by readers reading about it, not to mention the time wasted making this comment I'm forced to write to quell my burning rage for completely useless members of society trying to justify their existence.

As much as I like data backing up "duh" and "common sense", i'd prefer people to simply have common sense.

Back