[stupid question] slow/laggy scrolling in vista

jaguar

n00b
so I just installed Vista Home Premium yesterday. I updated drivers and all, but when I scroll in irc, firefox, or ie with arrow keys, clicking on scroll bar, mouse wheel, etc it's rather laggy. Almost as if I don't have my vid card drivers installed(which they are). I've tried a clean install of the video card drivers(uninstall drivers, and uninstall from device manager...haven't tried any cleaner program).

Relevant system specs:

Asus K8N-E Deluxe (Couldn't find any main vista drivers for this board, but everything is detected/working)
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
1gig PC2700 ram
Nvidia 6800GT 256mb AGP (Using 100.65 forceware drivers, have tried the beta 101.41)

I realize this is probably not enough information, but hopefully someone knows what I mean. I wouldn't think it's simply a hardware problem(or lack of today's high end hardware).

Have you tried turning off aero and see if that helps (does home premium even come with aero?)

If you hav'nt yet tried... Uninstall the vid card drivers, and let windows find a suitable driver.
I seen a similar problem with a 6600GT, and that fixed it, though I dont know what version windows found and installed.

Yes, I've disabled all extra visual effects by going through Performance Information and Tools > Adjust Visual Effects > disable all options and still no luck.

If you hav'nt yet tried... Uninstall the vid card drivers, and let windows find a suitable driver.
I seen a similar problem with a 6600GT, and that fixed it, though I dont know what version windows found and installed.

Well...

. I've tried a clean install of the video card drivers(uninstall drivers, and uninstall from device manager...haven't tried any cleaner program)..

Ummm...No where does he say that he tried what windows finds and installs as a driver.

Back