Stupid Kickstarter of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Holy crap this is dumb. It's no surprise that no one has pledged any money to this campaign yet, probably because they are waiting on China to knock this off and sell them on eBay.

Just.. wow... if you drop your phone into the toilet and need a device to set it on... why not simply not take the phone with you or leave it in your pocket till you're done. Tears... sometimes... I just... words... nah... just tears...

The dumb part is using the phone in the toilet. Waste more time by using the phone in the toilet rather than just going to the toilet. They can get back to their phone using life wasting endeavours quicker by leaving it outside.

Just.. wow... if you drop your phone into the toilet and need a device to set it on... why not simply not take the phone with you or leave it in your pocket till you're done. Tears... sometimes... I just... words... nah... just tears...
Leaving it in their pocket is "how" most of them get dropped in. The phone pops out when they drop their pants to sit.

I should get this just as a visual reminder to my daughter who has done this twice that I know of.

The dumb part is using the phone in the toilet. Waste more time by using the phone in the toilet rather than just going to the toilet. They can get back to their phone using life wasting endeavours quicker by leaving it outside.

For some people, producing a turd is the most productive thing they will accomplish all day.

If I have to, it's in my pocket. Hasn't fallen out yet. For those very rare occasions when I take my phone with me, I just set it somewhere else. On top of my pants when they are down, maybe...

I would have no use for this. Neat little design, and I'm sure China is already starting production, but I just see little value in it. Like most other "As Seen On TV!" items.

Leaving it in their pocket is "how" most of them get dropped in. The phone pops out when they drop their pants to sit.

I should get this just as a visual reminder to my daughter who has done this twice that I know of.

I can't even imagine the logistics of this happening! Even if a phone or similar device comes out of my pocket when my pants are down around the ankles (so, around 10-12 hours a day for me, on average ;) ), it's way too low to fall in the toilet. If I'm still pulling them down, the phone hasn't been pushed out of my pocket ever, but if it did, it would still be lower than toilet level.

I have a feeling your daughter has learned the perfect scheme to get phone upgrades!

Get her an iphone 7 :D

People who use their phones while taking a shit. Disgusting.
Just think of all the people that don't wash their hands and then touch door knobs, railings, etc. Even the knobs of a sink have germs all over them.

Just in case you don't want to pledge $19.00 or more I have created my own version that can be 3D printed with any home 3D printer. All the same benefits of the Kickstarter with none of the risks.

PoopyPerch

5c49f58318416550f4bbd910b77e37fa_preview_featured.jpg

I also included a complete 3D solid model file if you want to modify it for your own specific needs

I wonder if this guy is going to bring a mogwai home for Christmas, because he reminds me of...
gremlins-peltzer-inventions-piston-powered-hammer.jpg

I can't even imagine the logistics of this happening! Even if a phone or similar device comes out of my pocket when my pants are down around the ankles (so, around 10-12 hours a day for me, on average ;) ), it's way too low to fall in the toilet. If I'm still pulling them down, the phone hasn't been pushed out of my pocket ever, but if it did, it would still be lower than toilet level.

I have a feeling your daughter has learned the perfect scheme to get phone upgrades!

First off, you may need a nice round girl's ass.

Then you'll need to line up on the toilet, unbuckle, and slide those tight fitting stretchy pants back around your girl's ass so the phone pops out the pocket.

If that isn't something you can imagine, you don't spend enough time looking at women's ass.

If pictures are more your thing I have included a youtube link.

And another for the guys.

Just think of all the people that don't wash their hands and then touch door knobs, railings, etc. Even the knobs of a sink have germs all over them.

Yeah, upon observing people throughout the years, I'd say 60% of people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Having germs on sing knobs is fine, just use your elbow or a paper towel to turn it off. I've gotten into the habit of keeping the paper towel I use to dry my hands off with to open doors when exiting public restrooms. Not that I'm a germaphobe (maybe a little) but that I know people don't wash their hands.

Have had several folks call the support line when their phones fell out of a shirt pocket while in the bathroom. And women's clothes are often sorely lacking in useful pockets.

I don't understand convention centers and the related hotels that cater to business folks at meetings and don't have any kind of shelf, hook or something to put your meeting stuff while in the stalls.

Holy crap this is dumb. It's no surprise that no one has pledged any money to this campaign yet, probably because they are waiting on China to knock this off and sell them on eBay.
I think it's a decent idea, but Kickstarter sure feels like the wrong place to market it. But who knows, even if the KS fails, if Walmart or some other brick and mortar notices them to place a sizable order = profit.

Unless they somehow patented this, Chinese manufacturers will just start pumping out cheap knock-offs regardless of whether or not this gets Kickstarted.

That almost sounds like it needs a satire vid related to that subject. Like an AA meeting, everyone gather around sharing their phone and toilet dropping experiences...

I have the perfect solution to not dropping your phone in the bog...

http://slither.io/

Side note.. Who the hell drops their phone in the toilet not just once but multiple times? Must be some form of mental deficit involved.

First off, you may need a nice round girl's ass.

Then you'll need to line up on the toilet, unbuckle, and slide those tight fitting stretchy pants back around your girl's ass so the phone pops out the pocket.

You missed the women's pocket size problem. I have it on good authority that women's jeans have pockets that are comically tiny so it's much easier for a phone to slip out of the tiny pocket than it is from a pair of man's jeans with a pocket large enough to swallow a mammoth 6" phone entirely with spare room for other items.

it's a phone swing.
roll that tissue up and knock your phone out of the perch, onto the nasty dirty floor.

This is helpful for all those people that insist on having a conversation while in the stall. Just put the phone on speaker and set it down.

I've heard way too many phone conversations in the restroom, both at the urinal and in a stall. Digusting beyond words.

Not really sure how this solves the problem of extracting a phone dropped in a toilet.

it's a phone swing.
roll that tissue up and knock your phone out of the perch, onto the nasty dirty floor.
That is why I redesigned it slightly with walls all the way around so the phone won't slide off during a vigorous rolling or unrolling of the TP. That is probably why they include the rubber mat, also. I figure that printed in PLA (at home) this will cost you less than $1, including power costs, to print.

For anyone that asks; No I will not be printing one of these for myself. I don't generally have conversations during my daily BM.

That is why I redesigned it slightly with walls all the way around so the phone won't slide off during a vigorous rolling or unrolling of the TP. That is probably why they include the rubber mat, also. I figure that printed in PLA (at home) this will cost you less than $1, including power costs, to print.

For anyone that asks; No I will not be printing one of these for myself. I don't generally have conversations during my daily BM.
I have a nice window ledge near my toilet, although it doesn't work too well for facetime.

Yeah, upon observing people throughout the years, I'd say 60% of people don't wash their hands after going to the bathroom. Having germs on sing knobs is fine, just use your elbow or a paper towel to turn it off. I've gotten into the habit of keeping the paper towel I use to dry my hands off with to open doors when exiting public restrooms. Not that I'm a germaphobe (maybe a little) but that I know people don't wash their hands.

You guys are going to hate this. However.....when you go into a restroom, and smell poop, there are actually some microscopic bits of poop in the air, that go up your nose when you inhale, which your olfactory sensors detect. Yes, a very, very tiny bit of whatever you smell, is in your nose. Even a few of the germs can ride that hydrogen sulfide up into your nostril (don't worry, there aren't enough of them to make you sick). Perhaps not a lot of them, but it's there. Poop nose. So, compared to that, touching something contaminated that's in a restroom isn't quite as disgusting now, is it?

Now just try not to think about that, next time you go into a rest room and it really stinks terribly.

You guys are going to hate this. However.....when you go into a restroom, and smell poop, there are actually some microscopic bits of poop in the air, that go up your nose when you inhale, which your olfactory sensors detect. Yes, a very, very tiny bit of whatever you smell, is in your nose. Even a few of the germs can ride that hydrogen sulfide up into your nostril (don't worry, there aren't enough of them to make you sick). Perhaps not a lot of them, but it's there. Poop nose. So, compared to that, touching something contaminated that's in a restroom isn't quite as disgusting now, is it?

Now just try not to think about that, next time you go into a rest room and it really stinks terribly.

Also think about that the next time you flush your toilet at home with your toothbrush exposed to the air.

Back