Stupid Invention of the Day

When they make one with a holster for a 1911, let me know :)

It'll be a matter of time before someone nails themselves with it while on a call.

"You're holding it wrong"

Sounds Delicious! Would love to see a spray bottle of Frank's Red Hot instead of that gross 'bear grade' pepper spray... ;)

I like how it requires you go for a stabbing motion in order to use it. I bet there's a bit of blow back into the defenders face as well due to the awkward angle you have to use this at too...

This is only for the Verizon iPhone. You spray yourself while you talk. That way they can say it is still better than using AT&T.

Ladies and gentlemen, the stupid invention of the day is this iPhone pepper spray case. I like how it shows a male hand using this, like a guy is ever going to buy a pepper spray case for his iPhone. :rolleyes:

The hand has wrinkles, could be an old lady, being attacked by a pervert. If it was a guys hand, I'm sure it would be a gun.:D

A better idea would be to have an integral cartridge with a lanyard. Keep the lanyard wrapped around your wrist, and when someone steals the phone out of your hand the lanyard pulls a safety pin free. After a 2 second delay, the cartridge starts spraying CS gas all over the place. The attacker will abandon the phone and fall to his knees gasping for air. During the time the attacker is incapacitated, after the gas grenade has finished, you have free reign to recover the phone and then use it to call the police.

lol is it even legal to carry pepper spray around?

I can just see it:
"Yeah yeah, ok so we'll meet... just a minute ok?"
PSSSSSSSSS GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU BASTARD
"Ok yeah, sorry about that, ok so I'll see you then!"

WOW. I'm glad you posted this! This is going to save my life some day! And for only $55!!!!!

You have to manually detach and fire the spray with your hands??!! How retro!

What this invention needs, is for the canister to connect to the phone, by its data/recharge port, then you activate the spray with the associated phone app. When you run the app, the back camera will activate, displaying an image of what is in front of you with a big cross hair, and a flashing red FIRE button on the bottom. NOW THAT would be cool. :D

A better idea would be to have an integral cartridge with a lanyard. Keep the lanyard wrapped around your wrist, and when someone steals the phone out of your hand the lanyard pulls a safety pin free. After a 2 second delay, the cartridge starts spraying CS gas all over the place. The attacker will abandon the phone and fall to his knees gasping for air. During the time the attacker is incapacitated, after the gas grenade has finished, you have free reign to recover the phone and then use it to call the police.

I would prefer it to be a flash bang, not only will the f%8#er get dazed and confused, he's gonna get some mild burns for being a cock...Although that will take some development to make sure the phone is unharmed.

like a guy is ever going to buy a iPhone.

There I fixed it for you.
Let the rage begin.

But it wouldn't be user refillable, the cartridge would be proprietary, so you'd be forced take it to Apple for a refill that would cost as much as replacing the phone.

I would prefer it to be a flash bang, not only will the f%8#er get dazed and confused, he's gonna get some mild burns for being a cock...Although that will take some development to make sure the phone is unharmed.

I'd actually prefer a grenade, but have to watch for bystanders, plus blowing up your own phone kind of defeats the purpose.

But it wouldn't be user refillable, the cartridge would be proprietary, so you'd be forced take it to Apple for a refill that would cost as much as replacing the phone.

Only if Apple manufactures it, but since I posted the idea first on the [H] forums, if they try to make it I can just dig up the forum post and sue them for stealing my intellectual property, amiright? :D

I'd actually prefer a grenade, but have to watch for bystanders, plus blowing up your own phone kind of defeats the purpose.
Taaaaazeeeerrrrrrrr!
Only if Apple manufactures it, but since I posted the idea first on the [H] forums, if they try to make it I can just dig up the forum post and sue them for stealing my intellectual property, amiright? :D
Good point, let's hope that Apple never decides to build something like this into their devices and/or accessories.

lol is it even legal to carry pepper spray around?

I can just see it:
"Yeah yeah, ok so we'll meet... just a minute ok?"
PSSSSSSSSS GET OUT OF MY FACE YOU BASTARD
"Ok yeah, sorry about that, ok so I'll see you then!"

It's perfectly legal to carry pepper spray in most places. From Wikipedia:

United States
In California, the container holding the defense spray must contain no more than 2.5 ounces (71 g) net weight of aerosol spray.[37]

In Massachusetts, residents may purchase defense sprays only from licensed Firearms Dealers in that state, and must hold a valid Firearms Identification Card (FID) or License to Carry Firearms (LTC) to purchase or to possess outside of one's own private property.[38] It is classed as "ammunition",[39] unlicensed possession of which is punishable by up to 2 years in prison.[40]

The state of Michigan allows "reasonable use" of spray containing not more than 10% oleoresin capsicum to protect "a person or property under circumstances that would justify the person's use of physical force".[41]

In the state of New York, pepper spray may be legally possessed by any person age 18 or over; however, it must be purchased in person (i.e., cannot be purchased by mail-order or internet sale) either at a pharmacy or from a licensed firearm retailer (NY Penal Law 265.20 14 (a)), and the seller must keep a record of purchases. The use of pepper spray to prevent a public official from performing his/her official duties is a class-E felony.
New Jersey allows non-felons over the age of 18 to possess a small amount of pepper spray, with no more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance.[42]

In the state of Washington, persons over 18 may carry personal-protection spray devices. Persons over age 14 may carry personal-protection spray devices with their legal guardian's consent.[43]

In Wisconsin, tear gas is not permissible. By regulation, OC products with a maximum OC concentration of 10% and weight range of oleoresin of capsicum and inert ingredients of 15-60 grams are authorized. This is 1⁄2 and 2 oz (14 and 57 g). spray. Further, the product cannot be camouflaged, and must have a safety feature designed to prevent accidental discharge. The units may not have an effective range of over 20 feet and must have an effective range of six feet. In addition there are certain labeling and packaging requirements: must state cannot sell to anyone under 18 and the phone number of the manufacturer has to be on the label. The units must also be sold in sealed tamper-proof packages.[44][45]

In many (but not all) other states, pepper spray can be purchased at various stores and carried legally by anyone over 18. However, many states do not say anything about age.

When I was a night stocker at a 24/7 grocery store a little over 10 years ago, we were issued pepper spray canisters for self defense.

Way too many things wrong with this product. How about just carrying a proper tool for self defense? if you don't live in a free state, Tornado and Ruger make a great pepper spray delivery system, almost foolproof, and no weird dexterity needed.

Ive given them as gifts and have one myself for when on the motorcycle, because I dont mind it sitting there when I'm not on the bike (out of plain sight, of course)

When I first saw that pic, I thought it was that new caffeine inhaler.

"Siri, show me por...AAGH MY EYES!!!"

You must be a said male iPhone user. :eek:

Or someone who is just annoyed at the ignorance of others. Seeing how my brother is gay and seeing the term associated with something stupid, wrong, or unacceptable to society, tends to be something I frown upon. Besides, it's a phone. Android or Apple, why should it matter what kind of phone you have, I'm sure they make the same stupid product for both phones.

Or someone who is just annoyed at the ignorance of others. Seeing how my brother is gay and seeing the term associated with something stupid, wrong, or unacceptable to society, tends to be something I frown upon. Besides, it's a phone. Android or Apple, why should it matter what kind of phone you have, I'm sure they make the same stupid product for both phones.
Well, when most people make a statement like "gay", "fat", or racist jokes, hopefully they're just doing it thinking it's humorous and not intentionally trying to make fun of those who are those adjectives.

^ Basically, while it may be easy to get offended by what one reads on the Internet, it should be even easier to simply ignore an offensive comment. ;)

Back