Stupid Google Street View Criminal of the Day

albino-monkey2.jpg

I'm from Barcelona, and have seen that albino gorilla up close and personal, though I understand he's since died (and I was last there around 1982). Good call!

1. set them free
2. give them rights
3. profit?

hahahahahahaha!!! ok, omg, who was the friggin genious??

The late great Michael Clark Duncan played a gorilla in the Planet of the Apes remake and no one gave a damn about that. Anyone can be a monkey, regardless of race. Now if you call a black person a coon, well that's another thing..

No need for racist comments, but let's call a spade a spade. I live in the WNY and would never walk (or drive) around most of the east side of Buffalo, NY at night by myself unless I had a death wish or was one heavily armed white dude!

They (Google) have now officially blurred out the rifle or shotgun. Not sure which one of you guys reported that... but anyway thought I'd mention that.

LOL...how's that gun control thing working out for 'ya there in D'troit?

LOL...how's that gun control thing working out for 'ya there in D'troit?
Detroit is legal for open carry (although like most cities you'll probably get harassed by every liberal calling 911 on you). Michigan also has a somewhat reasonable CCW law which applies to Detroit.

There's no way the potential victims that live there would accept gun control. They know police aren't the answer for their immediate protection.

When there's a news cast on scene talking about dead kids stuffed in closets, what we *think* is going on starts to become much more VERIFIED.

Corrected...the reality of it never changed.

How does anyone know it's an actual firearm and not either a toy or an airsoft gun? Is it the fact that they're black and in Detroit? As for the security cameras, what's wrong with that? It seems like the legal system isn't the only place where presumption of innocence is lacking.

Let me guess, you helped out the fine young chap that sent you that random email stating he only wanted to borrow some money so that he could afford legal fees to accept his inheritance? Of course he would repay you by giving a portion of said inheritance? Wow what a lucky day for you to have just been randomly picked to get that email.

White man with gun = THAS RITE PROTEC DA FORF MENMENT!

Black dudes with gun = OMG YOUSE A GANSTA!

Open or concealed carry, by any citizen, when carried in accordance with the law, is the exercise of one's 2nd amendment rights.

When carrying openly, it is generally accepted knowledge that having the firearm holstered(and in some states that allow long gun open carry, slung) is the way to avoid harassment, and promote a professional attitude and appearance that will help promote the movement.

However, when you shoulder, draw, or otherwise point any weapon at any individual, it usually becomes a crime. Usually, once the weapon ends up in your hand, it becomes brandishing.. This poor, disadvantaged youth in the photo does not have his weapon slung, or holstered.

He is brandishing a firearm in public, is clearly not aware of his backstop should he decide to fire, And from what I can see in the picture, it would appear that he has his booger hook on the bang switch.

I'd say he's an asshole no matter what color his skin is.

Another wonderful way in which technology can help fight crime. Now all we have to do is attach these cameras innocuously to plain cars, and reap the rewards.

Let me guess, you helped out the fine young chap that sent you that random email stating he only wanted to borrow some money so that he could afford legal fees to accept his inheritance? Of course he would repay you by giving a portion of said inheritance? Wow what a lucky day for you to have just been randomly picked to get that email.

If you had wagered on that particular guess, you would have lost your shirt. I have never responded to such an email, nor would I. Perhaps you should avoid making guesses and instead try asking for more information.

My point was that things are not always what they seem to be, and that people proceed from assumptions too often. Children play with toys, including toy guns, quite often. Children also make foolish decisions, such as pointing weapon-like toys at passers by. It has resulted in unfortunate deaths when police, acting upon their training, mistook a toy for a real weapon and killed a child. That's why toys now have bright orange caps on the muzzle, though again, children being children, some choose paint over that, and there are realistic airsoft products that do not have orange caps on them.

I did not say it was definitely not a real weapon, nor did I say this was wise behavior, but every post above mine proceeded from the assumption that they were real weapons, that it was a drug house, and that the individuals in the picture were gang members or some other criminal element - just as you assumed that I am naive and gullible from a single post on a message board. People see what they want to see without having any context or additional facts. I am well aware of the dangers of proceeding from misconceptions and the damage that misunderstandings can cause, which is why I try to avoid making assumptions. It's far to easy to just write people off based on convenient stereotypes and comfortable prejudices. Yes, they could be criminals pointing a real weapon at a car, but they might not be. Should I be the only one here that is willing to at least acknowledge more than one possibility?

It's far to easy to just write people off based on convenient stereotypes and comfortable prejudices. Yes, they could be criminals pointing a real weapon at a car, but they might not be. Should I be the only one here that is willing to at least acknowledge more than one possibility?

Oh, come ON. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck.

Oh, come ON. If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a damn duck.

So if it looks like you're downloading stuff illegally you are and you should be sued by the RIAA. After all, if it looks like you're a pirate then you are a pirate.

So if it looks like you're downloading stuff illegally you are and you should be sued by the RIAA. After all, if it looks like you're a pirate then you are a pirate.

The difference is, you can see the duck pointing the rifle/shotgun at you, now can't you.

I'm sure you'd pull to the sidewalk and ask the gentlemen how they are doing?

Why would calling a black person a monkey be any different from calling a white person a monkey? Are you implying that black people are different somehow? Have we gotten to the point where an individual is now above criticism simply because of their race?

Welcome to the "post-racial" Obama's America. You might have noticed every criticism of Obama is dismissed as racist. It's nothing more than large-scale political intimidation intended to shift power.

The difference is, you can see the duck pointing the rifle/shotgun at you, now can't you.

I can see a picture of someone pointing some blurry, indeterminate object at a Google Street View camera, which may or may not be a firearm. That's the limit of the facts that can be positively drawn from that picture. Now if the police investigate with that photo as probable cause and determine if these youths were in possession of a real firearm and that they were pointing a real weapon at the camera, then that's fine. They can be prosecuted and have their day in court. Until someone actually convicts them of anything then they're innocent according to law.

I can see a picture of someone pointing some blurry, indeterminate object at a Google Street View camera, which may or may not be a firearm. That's the limit of the facts that can be positively drawn from that picture. Now if the police investigate with that photo as probable cause and determine if these youths were in possession of a real firearm and that they were pointing a real weapon at the camera, then that's fine. They can be prosecuted and have their day in court. Until someone actually convicts them of anything then they're innocent according to law.

So, your saying you'd walk up to them and strike up a conversation? Considering that he's holding a "indeterminate" object. I really don't care what color of skin they have, if it were the opposite, with a few white men with shaved heads, bikes on the lawn, with the same "indeterminate" object, I sure as hell would stay away from them as well. At this point you're trying to remain obstinately neutral about a situation that is far from neutral.

So, your saying you'd walk up to them and strike up a conversation?
Did I say that in any of my posts? It's kind of difficult to strike up a conversation with a photograph. I wasn't there so that's all I have to look at.

At this point you're trying to remain obstinately neutral about a situation that is far from neutral.
A situation I was not involved in and with people I do not know.

Here's an illustration of my point. In Iraq, US soldiers shot and killed armed civilians that were running towards them, firing AK-47's upward into the air, and also shot civilians that appeared to be attempting to run roadblocks. After the fact it was determined that the civilians in both cases were not in fact hostile. The firing of a rifle into the air is a sign of respect and celebration in that country. In addition, placing the hand out palm forward in Western nations means "stop", but to the locals that means "proceed". After some education the locals were told not to approach US convoys firing weapons in the air, and the US forces were educated about how to properly tell the locals to stop their vehicles. These incidents stopped afterward, but these misunderstandings got a lot of people killed. It does not mean anyone reacted improperly at the time since they were ignorant, it's just what happened and why. That's the danger of not knowing all the FACTS about a situation, which was my whole freaking point that some people on this thread seem willfully incapable of comprehending. That's not being neutral, that's being thorough. I never said they were definitely not pointing real weapons at the car. I said it was impossible to tell from THIS PICTURE.

That being said, I do understand your point entirely, and where you are trying to take this. Hopefully you're capable of grasping mine. I've said all I'm willing to say on this as I have better things to do than argue further about a photograph with people that have already become self-appointed experts on exactly what transpired.

That being said, I do understand your point entirely, and where you are trying to take this. Hopefully you're capable of grasping mine. I've said all I'm willing to say on this as I have better things to do than argue further about a photograph with people that have already become self-appointed experts on exactly what transpired.

I will concede your point, as you seem to understand mine as well. You know what they say though, a picture is worth a thousand words.

According to law yes I'd agree.

But being realistic just by looking at the the guy and the everything in the pic.... I'd be amazed if it were just a little air soft gun or something.

I couldn't say if he's protecting drugs and such but I'd be money he is just based on the pic. I'm not trying to be racist but and sure you can't be 100% sure of any of this but come on what are the chances he's a good US citizen ;).

I can tell you if I was in the car taking that pic I'd be out of there quick.

I will concede your point, as you seem to understand mine as well. You know what they say though, a picture is worth a thousand words.
That is true. That's all I was looking for was for people willing to acknowledge the possibility - even if it is a very slight one.

According to law yes I'd agree.
You also understand what I was getting at. Again, thank you.

I can tell you if I was in the car taking that pic I'd be out of there quick.
I won't argue against that as it would be the prudent thing to do if anyone points any weapon-like object at you while driving by.

Back