Stupid Gaming Question

Limp Gawd
I've never really gamed much. I've finally decided to dive in. What would be the best box/non pc to get? ps2, xbox, gamecube?

Well, it will be for visitors mostly. I started my research with this thread. Can you point me in the right direction?

Do you wanna play Halo? If yes, then it is an Xbox that you need to go with. Also, they are only $149 now at WalMart.

oh one more thing...

Gamecube is the cheapest.
PS2 Has the best game selection
Xbox has the best preformance/multiplayer.

I had this big long write out on what to do and I ended up saying get all three. You are new to gaming, though and that means you probably won't be too thrilled with three consoles to play when the majority of the time only guests would play them.

I'm going to give a vote to the Xbox. It is true that most games can be bought on other consoles or they end up on the PC, but there are still several that will not see the light of day on any other console/pc. The Xbox is king of multiplayer. Get an xbox live subscription and you will go pale skinned because of the lack of sun.

It has kick ass multiplayer and is also king of First person shooters on consoles. Halo, while ported to the PC, took 2 years to complete and plays like ass to MANY with horrible net code. It reigns as the best console lan party game ever EVER made in the history of gaming. There are so many first person shooters on Xbox that it is unreal. Halo2 *should* be released this fall.

The xbox lacks in RPG type games, but it is quickly growing. KOTOR makes me drool to this day, and while it is out on PC now, I was finished about 5 months before it was released on the PC. There is one game that everyone is wondering about right now and that is Fable. It is supposed to be the most open ended game ever and it is a RPG!!!

There is one game that I have to mention. Ninja Gaiden. Probaby the best action/adventure game made ever. EVER. Try out the demo and see for yourself.

In the end, I believe the xbox is the best console to go for. You have a wide variety of games to choose from. There aren't as many as the PS2 has, but when it comes down to it only about fifteen games join the OMG THIS GAME IS SO SO SO COOL collection. There is an awesome amount of multiplayer games and your friends will cream over them.

Back