""Stupid edits""

Status
Not open for further replies.

kakureru

2[H]4U
I (and im sure plenty of other ppl) are having trouble with (unknown) admins editing my posts and topics. This is getting annoying. like changing "lo-ballin' " to "lo-allin" (context as low balling in 4sale area) I would have understand a bit better if it were changed to "low balling" which is pretty much the same even in both contexts. Or changing my topic from "want / sell /trade KAKURERU RELOADED" to just "want / sell /trade" If caps were a problem, then they could have simply made un caps. Generally I don’t like to complain because it’s boring and after which more ppl hate me but this is only 2 of MANY edits I get of stupid arbitrary stuff since the new rounds of admins came about.

Please don’t act like those little old ladies that write stupid letters to the network because the word "Butt" was said in one of the show simply because they didn’t understand the context.

On a side note, I would like to be able to delete my threads instead of just being able to close them.. I’m sure this ability would yield smaller databases... Of have them self delete after a month of not being touched by the author.

I would not like to be an admin because I would not be able to pay it enough attention.

The for sale/trade threads are kept for record purposes, I would assume. Quite helpful if you have been trolled.

Thread titles are sometimes edited for yelling (all caps) and for profanity, other than that we leave them alone as much as possible. Low balling is a FS/T term and I can see no reason to edit the title unless it's used in a different context than what we approve. Moderators have charge of their individual forums and Admins try to keep out of their business as much as possible. If you have a problrm with a Moderator's actions, contact an Admin.

I made a post about the 90 drivers from nvidia, and one of the admins deleted it and made one of their own (it was no better in any way).

cyks said:
I made a post about the 90 drivers from nvidia, and one of the admins deleted it and made one of their own (it was no better in any way).

I'm not a mod or an admin, but let me highlight the post above yours since it contains the informaion you are looking for:

MajorDomo said:
If you have a problrm with a Moderator's actions, contact an Admin.

Best way to do so would be via PM.

kakureru said:
Or changing my topic from "want / sell /trade KAKURERU RELOADED" to just "want / sell /trade" If caps were a problem, then they could have simply made un caps.
I don't know about the other issues you mentioned, but I did edit your "want / sell /trade KAKURERU RELOADED" post.

For one thing, it was all caps (SHOUTING) which is against the rules. For another, it was extraneous and unnecessary. Why didn't I just change the case? Why should I have to re-type it when it had no point to begin with?

We have problems in FS/T with people who do excessive bumps and with those who want to call attention to their threads by using such things as all caps, weird ascii characters, a gazillion exclamation marks, or other extraneous crap in the thread title that serves no purpose. Thread titles should be descriptive, not a desperate plea to call attention to your thread. If you cannot play by the rules laid out here, you are welcome to take your trading elsewhere.

Well, it is thier forum, and they can do whever they feel like. And i dont say that to be a jerk, i only am telling the truth.

lockheed2266 said:
Well, it is thier forum, and they can do whever they feel like. And i dont say that to be a jerk, i only am telling the truth.

Bingo. Not to sound rude, but this isn't America, it's [H], and it's privately owned and operated. If you don't want stuff changed, don't break the rules. :)

Just so we don't come off looking like a bunch os Nazi Moderators, this is part of the rules that all agreed to prior to registration....just as a reminder. ;)

[H]ard|Forum reserves the right to edit, reprint, distribute, or delete any posting for any reason and without prior notification or explanation to the author.

All messages posted become the property of [H]ard|Forum.

and to further Major's point, I don't think you would have gotten such a negative reaction (even from general members) if you yourself weren't hostile and negative. Calling people little old ladies isn't exactly the way to open a civil discussion. Even the title of your thread here has a negative/hostile tone.

I expected such a response.

Lethal said:
I don't know about the other issues you mentioned, but I did edit your "want / sell /trade KAKURERU RELOADED" post.

For one thing, it was all caps (SHOUTING) which is against the rules. For another, it was extraneous and unnecessary. Why didn't I just change the case? Why should I have to re-type it when it had no point to begin with?

We have problems in FS/T with people who do excessive bumps and with those who want to call attention to their threads by using such things as all caps, weird ascii characters, a gazillion exclamation marks, or other extraneous crap in the thread title that serves no purpose. Thread titles should be descriptive, not a desperate plea to call attention to your thread. If you cannot play by the rules laid out here, you are welcome to take your trading elsewhere.

I will try my best in future not to raise trivial flags.... After all, this isnt my forum..

kakureru said:
I expected such a response.

I will try my best in future not to raise trivial flags.... After all, this isnt my forum..
Bro... You broke a rule. Deal with it and quicherbitchin'. :rolleyes:

The [H] is a HUGE forum with a veritable cornucopia of users. It could be the mess that the harmony-central.com forums are, but it's not. The reason that it's not is because there's a large, efficient staff of moderators and administrators here that aren't a bunch of dicks. As much as some people have complained about Lethal PMSing and taking that out on them, I've NEVER seen her do anything that's unfair. Usually those complainers are the anarchistic emo whiners. :) But Lethal, MajorDomo, et al, do a good job of keeping asshats from ruining the fun for everybody else.

GilmourD said:
......about Lethal PMSing and taking that out on them.......

I think thats mostly guys getting all weirded out that there is a chick that knows about and cares about computers.....and stuff "OMG guyz, a femail lolol!!!!1"

ATIIsBetter said:
I think thats mostly guys getting all weirded out that there is a chick that knows about and cares about computers.....and stuff "OMG guyz, a femail lolol!!!!1"
They'd probably cry if they knew that my girlfriend dives so well that she could probably smoke them in a race. :) It's a reason I'm so in love with her, since I don't have to worry about her telling me to slow down (usually she tells me to stop driving like a grandma, while I'm doing 75-80) and she doesn't blab on her cell or put on her makeup while driving. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back