Stupid Criminals of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
The minute you read "suspects" and "Facebook" together in the same sentence, you knew this was going to be a stupid criminals of the day story.

An 18-year-old Pittsburgh man has been jailed on charges he burglarized a local market with three teens — and then posted pictures on his Facebook page showing the suspects mugging with some of the loot.

Not entirely sure I would call the police on a family member who stole stuff like this.

I would tell their parents, and then have them deal with it as they saw fit, but calling the cops on your own grandson seems kinda shitty.

hopefully I am never in that position.

If the kids are under 18, it's entirely possible the parents or grandparents (whomever has control of the kids), are legally liable for what they do. At 18 and up, Grandma is harboring a criminal and part of the conspiracy unless she makes that call, I suppose. Still, I'd do the same thing as I will not tolerate that kind of behavior in my two.

Not entirely sure I would call the police on a family member who stole stuff like this.

I would tell their parents, and then have them deal with it as they saw fit, but calling the cops on your own grandson seems kinda shitty.

hopefully I am never in that position.

They stole more than 8 grand worth of goods. This wasn't just some Snicker bars and a soda. If I was related to them I'd have called the cops myself as well and I suspect that anyone in my family would have done the same to me.

Steps on what to do when you find out your kid/grandkid has stolen 8 grand worth of clothing and then bragged on facebook about it.

1) Beat kids ass
2) Contact other spouse/parent/grandparent and let them beat kids ass.
3) Contact the police
4) Beat kids ass while waiting on the police to arrive.
5) Contact stores to inform them the goods will be returned and that the kids ass has been properly beaten and likely will receive several more.
6) If the cops still have not arrived, beat kids ass again for good measure.

Steps on what to do when you find out your kid/grandkid has stolen 8 grand worth of clothing and then bragged on facebook about it.

1) Beat kids ass
2) Contact other spouse/parent/grandparent and let them beat kids ass.
3) Contact the police
4) Beat kids ass while waiting on the police to arrive.
5) Contact stores to inform them the goods will be returned and that the kids ass has been properly beaten and likely will receive several more.
6) If the cops still have not arrived, beat kids ass again for good measure.
That's pretty much how I would handle it.

They stole more than 8 grand worth of goods. This wasn't just some Snicker bars and a soda. If I was related to them I'd have called the cops myself as well and I suspect that anyone in my family would have done the same to me.

family comes first, the first call should have been to their parents, not to police, just my opinion.

Thieves are thieves, and if they're family all that means is you have some really shitty members of society in your family. It's not like the old days when families took care of business, the kids these days get away with everything.

Send him to jail to make him more proficient in stealing or call family to beat the sh`t out of his sorry ass so he never ever do it again + find a job to pay all those 8 grands.

I'd have called the police if faced with the same situation. With my nephew, it's a different story. I gave him the chance to make things right and he basically blew me off. His stupid pot-head ass is in jail awaiting arraignment. Behave like a criminal, get treated like a criminal.

I just love these posts that flat out say they have no loyalty to anything but the State. You are sheep.

Uh, go fight your idealistic crusade where people give a fuck. My comment was about this article and this article alone. I'm not going to send my grandpa to jail for pirating movies or anything, but if he stole $8k worth of stuff, he probably deserves facing the court system.

That's pretty much how I would handle it.

I just love these posts that flat out say they have no loyalty to anything but the State. You are sheep.

While I do hate "the state", I do see a need for them most things in life like this.

These four little fuctards took 8K worth of stuff, no mention if it was a mom and pop shop thou and bragged their antics for the whole world to see.

If they were my family I would of called law enforcement and disowned them on the spot. If it were pocket change of theft I would of dragged them to the store and have the store decide their fate.

Nice, I love stupid criminals. :D

I'd like to see pics of these owned idiots. :p

He stole my NetBook and $550 cash from me. Pawned the NetBook and bought pot and who knows what he did with the cash.

Even if it was 'only' smoking pot, he's been warned many times about that too and the outcome would have been the same: call cops and let him rot in jail.

I really hope you didn't turn your nephew in for smoking pot, that's going a bit far.

I really hope you didn't turn your nephew in for smoking pot, that's going a bit far.

You wouldn't get more than a day or so (I've heard of some people just being fined) for smoking and being in possession of pot (small amounts); in most states at least. I'm guessing it was something much larger than that.

They should be placed in stocks outside the store. Its time we brought back public humiliation and executions.

They should be placed in stocks outside the store. Its time we brought back public humiliation and executions.

I like it! The grocery store next door could sell it's rotten fruit/veggies to passerby's and the local Walgreens could sell photo packages. Think of the synergy created by one stupid criminal.

I like it! The grocery store next door could sell it's rotten fruit/veggies to passerby's and the local Walgreens could sell photo packages. Think of the synergy created by one stupid criminal.

And this is EXACTLY what would happen. There is difference between justice and vengeance and "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." : Romans 12:19

And this is EXACTLY what would happen. There is difference between justice and vengeance and "Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." : Romans 12:19

You say that like it's a bad thing. Vengeance would be the store taking back it's property and then taking an equal amount from the criminal. A shortened time in the stocks seems like a good trade off for a longer time in jail. You act like this would destroy the idiots life or something.

You say that like it's a bad thing. Vengeance would be the store taking back it's property and then taking an equal amount from the criminal. A shortened time in the stocks seems like a good trade off for a longer time in jail. You act like this would destroy the idiots life or something.
Criminal Records do destroy futures

Again, there's justice and there's vengeance, the difference being that human vengeance is never sated. Can sadism reduce crime? Sure it can, just ask the Taliban when they actively fought the heroin trade in Afghanistan. And there is no end to vengeance they seek either.

family comes first, the first call should have been to their parents, not to police, just my opinion.

Nepotism is the leading cause of corruption and the reason things are so messed up as they are now. You are obviously very intelligent and open minded considering how you think having a genetic link to someone else automatically entitles them to superior treatment. News Flash, favoring family has not lead to anything good in history.

Again, there's justice and there's vengeance, the difference being that human vengeance is never sated. Can sadism reduce crime? Sure it can, just ask the Taliban when they actively fought the heroin trade in Afghanistan. And there is no end to vengeance they seek either.

Which is why we have a system of law and order in these United States. You're still seeing time in the stocks as vengeance but, offered no explanation of why. I've spent too much time in prisons and tend to think the stocks might be better for crimes that did not cause others physical harm.

We need some of the good parts of Shar'ia law in the United States, specifically their punishments for crimes.

Shar'ia law has some redeeming qualities to it.

We need to move past this age of pussification of modern society when it comes to dealing with the criminal element.

Which is why we have a system of law and order in these United States. You're still seeing time in the stocks as vengeance but, offered no explanation of why. I've spent too much time in prisons and tend to think the stocks might be better for crimes that did not cause others physical harm.

The issue of cruel and unusual punishment has been long debated and courts have long ruled that things such as stocks and public humiliation crosses the line into cruel and unusual so my evidence is legal precedent. I think that too often people spend a lot of time worrying about punishment and not enough about what to do with people after they have a criminal record. It's much harder to find employment and sustain a legal livelihood when you have a record. And putting on YouTube doesn't fix that problem.

The issue of cruel and unusual punishment has been long debated and courts have long ruled that things such as stocks and public humiliation crosses the line into cruel and unusual so my evidence is legal precedent. I think that too often people spend a lot of time worrying about punishment and not enough about what to do with people after they have a criminal record. It's much harder to find employment and sustain a legal livelihood when you have a record. And putting on YouTube doesn't fix that problem.

As I previously mentioned, I've spent too much time in our prison system and what we are doing now isn't working. Aside from the astronomical cost, our prison system does one thing very well, it trains stupid young criminals to be professional thieves.

You're right about youtube but, the point of stocks is immediate shame and publicity in the thief's community not, nameless individuals online. As was the case when stocks were used, criminals would often have to move and seek other employment. It is difficult to find another livelihood and should be. Perhaps, labor at some menial job regaining an employers/community's trust is a good thing.

We have too many 'criminals.' As a society, we can build more prisons, enact fewer laws or, we can educate the masses that the social penalties are so disproportionate to the offense, only a fool would chance it.

The first isn't working, second, nothing in heaven or earth will keep politicians from creating more laws so, I vote for the third.

We have too many 'criminals.' As a society, we can build more prisons, enact fewer laws or, we can educate the masses that the social penalties are so disproportionate to the offense, only a fool would chance it.

We need some of the good parts of Shar'ia law in the United States, specifically their punishments for crimes.

This is the best argument against this sort of thing that anyone could ever make. Almost all free an open societies complain about crime, it is a price that free and open societies pay. Too many governments throughout history have attempted "final solutions" to establish law and order and it just tends to end badly. Someone will end up putting an innocent 8 year old kid in a stockade, it'll end up on YouTube and people will run from this faster than a house fire.

Exactly, that's why I support including some of the tenets of Shar'ia law into our justice system.

Back