Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
The award for Stupid Criminal of the Day goes to this woman. Yes, you heard me right, I said woman. Apparently even people of the female variety can end up in the slammer for creating a fake Facebook account to stalk and harass someone. On a serious note, prosecutors said they spent the summer trying to get information from Facebook and T-Mobile but the companies kept "kicking back" the warrants. :eek:

“The T-Mobile records showed that Lawson disguised herself as Parkervest with a similar Facebook account,” Dawson said. “Lawson sent herself numerous criminal threats from the phony ‘Tyler Parker’ Facebook account and reported to law enforcement that Parkervest sent her the messages. Lawson had Parkervest arrested four times for crimes that he did not commit.”

The horrifying thing from that story was how easy it was for her to get him charged and arrested multiple times for serious shit. Wish they made a more extreme example of her.

Women making up that shit can ruin a guys life way too easily.

The horrifying thing from that story was how easy it was for her to get him charged and arrested multiple times for serious shit. Wish they made a more extreme example of her.

Not only that, it wrecks the credibility of actual victims when they try to report similar crimes. They should throw the book at people like this.

Yeah, men have it way harder. They have to do a lot more work to mess up a woman's life.

The horrifying thing from that story was how easy it was for her to get him charged and arrested multiple times for serious shit.
Same as how easy it is to have someone's house SWATed. Law enforcement will use any reason to arrest, harass, intimidate, beat, shoot, kill all in the name of "we have to take every threat seriously no matter how credible the source may be." Arresting him allow law enforcement to determine if he may be violating other laws. It is a win/win for law enforcement and lose/lose for the victim of the false accusation.

Yeah, men have it way harder. They have to do a lot more work to mess up a woman's life.
Virtue, there you are!

So because there are women who get harassed by men, we shouldn't care about the men who get harassed by women? Is that your logic here?

If you plan to engage in criminal harassment it is most likely wise to do so without publishing a live record of each criminal act you commit.

I think there was an episode on Discovery ID where exwife did something similar where she had another cell phone where she was basically sending harrassing texts to herself to accuse her exhusband. She had registered the 2nd phone in ex's name and stuff.

Same as how easy it is to have someone's house SWATed. Law enforcement will use any reason to arrest, harass, intimidate, beat, shoot, kill all in the name of "we have to take every threat seriously no matter how credible the source may be." Arresting him allow law enforcement to determine if he may be violating other laws. It is a win/win for law enforcement and lose/lose for the victim of the false accusation.
The more I think about this, the scarier this is, because I don't know what I'd do in his shoes to keep me out of jail. My first thought was obviously, it's not him; the name is different, right? Is it not reasonable to guess someone would have a second account for harassing only? And she included just enough truthful, verifiable facts to lend credence to her claims.
So, how exactly were the police supposed to handle this differently? She convinced a judge she needed a restraining order to protect her from this guy, and lied under oath to say he violated it. In many cases, she would have been killed long before the legal wrangling was all worked out. And imagine the headlines, about incompetent police who didn't believe and don't care about this poor woman.
I think we've found a plot for the next Gillian Flynn novel.

The more I think about this, the scarier this is, because I don't know what I'd do in his shoes to keep me out of jail.

So, how exactly were the police supposed to handle this differently?
It's really not all that difficult to figure out. Judge orders an emergency TRO in case she actually is under threat and then the police do, oh I dunno, their damn *jobs* and actually collect evidence before arresting someone and the DA's office should do it's freaking job before dragging someone through the mud like they did before some newbie attorney happened to glance at someone's phone and think maybe they should look into that Facebook account after all.

If it weren't for that coincidental occurrence, he'd be in jail right now, possibly prison, having a very rough time in there as a DV violator, probably can't get a job (and it doesn't sound like he was doing too well to begin with, now it's even worse), and even for a misdemeanor DV conviction he would have lost his 2nd amendment right permanently.

It's rather pathetic and not at all surprising coming from the OC, especially how they handle DV cases due to fallout from the OJ case.

Most cops simply refuse to believe they are people. I was talking to one the other day and he said he always carries on in the chamber, that taking the time to chamber the slide would get him shot. I am paraphrasing since he wanted to use lingo, and I was trying to get info on another matter. I got shot in several very scary places... every time I got shot at the thing I always did was find cover. Figure out where the fire is coming from. Chamber a round and move. Wait for the person shooting to move to see what the noise of the clambering bolt is. Then shot them, unless they worried about someone killing their family at home, generally down means they stop shooting and you could find out answers.

The young soldiers were told don't chamber a round unless someone is shooting at you, and some how it became an order instead of good sense, which made the tent city commanders have to issue orders to the countermand what should have been situation awareness over there. For me most of the stuff was long way away so I really did not comment on it, but the issue is simply that we as a nation have rules. No one can arrest someone with out evidence of crime and you have two weeks to find where you misplaced it, or it is false arrest. Arresting something then finding the evidence is simply fraudulent arrest. The problems is we have drug cartels come into our country and shoot cops for fun. Which does two things, one it panics the cops about anyone with gun, much like a lot of the soldiers over in the tent cities started freaking out any time anything drove up that was not radio'd ahead, and two many start to see everyone as the enemy instead of people.

The judicial system is working on the false arrests down in the south Florida and several other areas but some how we have to get the country back to a cop's job is protect and server the body populous as security against crime, not as simply a corporation that generates revenue. Cops should not have to worry about paying their mortgage if they don't arrest some random number of people. They should be given bonus if some how we get to the point where people behave without getting arrested.

The worst excess I have seen where not in the USA, but some of the worst I have seen people that were cops or actor's pretending to be cops walking around, got away with because many cops are scared if people don't fear they won't actually behave. We have a legislative branch that makes the laws as it is the crown, one at state level and one at federal level. We have an executive branch that is supposed to tell the congress people yes we can enforce that or how do you expect us to enforce that? we have a Judaical system that uses the body populous to decide guilt because we know there are two sides to every argument and likely neither person is only stating facts. There job is make sure when some one speaks up be it a cop or citizen they are addressing a lawful complaint. I spent the last year seeing a judge who prejured himself twice in front of me, because he decided if they were in the court room they must be guilty.

I am having to deal with bar asc over that matter but he wrote down there were ten things a judge is never allowed to do. He did it twice, the second time right after he got down with the extra case load. I have no idea how many more times he simply was stressed out or heard that people were doing things and felt that people should behave only to forget the most important thing of all. This country's rule of law is based on a very important rule, you are innocent until proven by a reasonable doubt by a jury of your peers. That is because proof is a immutable fact it is not two people saying you did it, no you did it... the point is a jury only hears evidence that something that can be proven not something that is someone's word. actions and deed not words. Actions are you drive a car into a telephone they find you at the wheel beer cans scattered in the car. That is reasonable proof that you were drinking and driving but a blood test would confirm if you were simply placed in the car after being hit over the head. deeds are signed and sealed documents. They are things like testaments and property deeds. A phone bill is simply a record, a notarized document with two or more parties, a notary, and three witness is a deed. That is six people agreeing that the document says what it does, and copies are made for each party, witness used to keep a copy in case they had to testify later.

Most cases are simply a cop's word something happened, no proof no jury people simply can not afford to hire some one to investigate the matter and find out what happened then stand in front of judge to get the jury trial then deal with evidence not in evidence while people trade wins. I have no idea how many people are wrongfully charged but clearly the biggest issue is courts have to justify the existence of the cops or something odd? A district attorney is supposed to serve the state's best interest not the police department or the sheriff's department but the state. This means when some one comes to them they are supposed to make sure that they are not setting up the court system to have to pay damage's for lost wages or other things that are the responsibility of the arresting officer's municipality as the authority to arrest comes from flow of taxes. City to country to state to federal. Something happened some where along the way and people were tricked into fearing their neighbors. I think I know where the misinformation comes from but that is still a failure of the people to their oaths. I swore to defend the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic and keep looking at the government to step forward and start fixing things where people can go back to the way it was in 1980's when I was growing up. We played outside people had guns, my naughty female friend used to order gun power for fireworks and we would play with some of the extra. It was her grandfather that was paying for it and he knew she wanted some to play with.
I know paying the cops enough to cover their bills, and having some simply walk around towns looking for people who are hurt or distressed is not a big deal. Cars cover more ground but you are not seeing people's faces just cars going by. We have become too much of a faceless society.

I really think half the problem is most of what people seem most of the time is only what they expect to see and are used to seeing too much fake stuff via a screen. I have no idea how that can be fixed.

Back