Stupid Criminal of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are a criminal that doesn't want to be caught, get in more trouble or resentenced, stay the hell away from Facebook. Actually, let's all hope crooks keep doing stupid crap like this so we can all laugh at their expense. :D

Minutes after the ruling, a message appeared on his Facebook page saying: “Cannot believe my luck 2 year suspended sentence beats the 3 year jail yes pal! Beverly Lunt go suck my ****.” His brother Samuel Sledden, 22, who had also pleaded guilty to dealing drugs, appeared to reply to Daniel in a comment saying: “Bet we wouldn’t get a chance like this agen [sic], thumbs up.”

Kind of surprised they can resentence them like that. Even of they are idiots

I personally don't like this, regardless of the idiots that this applies to. It really feels like double jeopardy in the way that a sentence was given for a crime and that court case is over. Now it's a case of "yeah, I've changed my mind, come back into court so I can change my ruling" Sorry that doesn't fly IMO. I mean what was done? He, like a retard, told a judge to suck his dick? I'm sorry is that a crime to put that message on a social media? (I realize this is the UK, so laws may be different there)

^ agreed. It would be another issue if he had posted something incriminating, e.g. info different from what he had testified (perjury). And the guy doesn't seem too bright or upstanding.

It reminds me of the entitled feminist who made the kill white men hashtag and who was subsequently arrested for hate speech. As despicable as she is, to call it justice is a farce.

The UK is leading the western world in policing thoughts.

I personally don't like this, regardless of the idiots that this applies to. It really feels like double jeopardy in the way that a sentence was given for a crime and that court case is over. Now it's a case of "yeah, I've changed my mind, come back into court so I can change my ruling" Sorry that doesn't fly IMO. I mean what was done? He, like a retard, told a judge to suck his dick? I'm sorry is that a crime to put that message on a social media? (I realize this is the UK, so laws may be different there)

In the case of a suspended sentence, the judge has a lot of discretion even in the US for what constitutes proper behavior for that particular individual, because it is really a legal way of showing leniency. It's not necessarily about whether he committed a criminal act, though in this case it would quite literally be contempt of court.

Kind of surprised they can resentence them like that. Even of they are idiots

The judge has not re-sentenced yet, if she even can do that. It could be a new charge like contempt of court. They have been ordered back to face the judge and that's about all we know at this point.

the morons did post an apology to the court on the same facebook page but the whole thing is pretty stupid.

More like stupid judge if she does change her ruling. Now that this has gone public, if she changes her ruling, there will be 50 lawyers ready to represent those two drug dealers, and they will get off with a clean slate at that point because of a "mistrial." They only pleaded guilty because they were getting 2 years probation, had they been facing 5 years prison, im sure innocent would have been their first take. My advice to the judge: Ignore the morons. They will be back in your courtroom before long, or one of your constituents'. When that happens, then hit them with the book.

This would have never happened if drugs were still being sold by a man with a bow tie standing behind a bar in a place called a "Pharmacy."

More like stupid judge if she does change her ruling. Now that this has gone public, if she changes her ruling, there will be 50 lawyers ready to represent those two drug dealers, and they will get off with a clean slate at that point because of a "mistrial." They only pleaded guilty because they were getting 2 years probation, had they been facing 5 years prison, im sure innocent would have been their first take. My advice to the judge: Ignore the morons. They will be back in your courtroom before long, or one of your constituents'. When that happens, then hit them with the book.

This would have never happened if drugs were still being sold by a man with a bow tie standing behind a bar in a place called a "Pharmacy."
Oh She wont change their sentence...but i bet she gives the moron 72 hrs contempt of court. I personally don't use weed, and don't care who does.....but fuck don't piss of a judge..thats plain just asking for it. It would be a mistake not to hold said person in contempt

...but fuck don't piss of a judge..thats plain just asking for it. It would be a mistake not to hold said person in contempt

I've been to court several times. There's always the one or two people that think they can outsmart the judge or play the system. It never works out for them. Being a smart ass, being disrespectful, etc.. - you're going to get a harsher punishment.

Hopefully, these two get some time behind bars to 'loosen them up' a bit. Just for the contempt. Drug dealing? I'd be riding their ass, ready to bust them again.

I am not a lawyer and do not pretend to be one, but don't you actually have to be in court acting like a prick or in direct violation of a court order for contempt of court charges?

Oh She wont change their sentence...but i bet she gives the moron 72 hrs contempt of court. I personally don't use weed, and don't care who does.....but fuck don't piss of a judge..thats plain just asking for it. It would be a mistake not to hold said person in contempt
How do you get contempt of court if you weren't in court when this happened?

Back