Stupid Bulletproof Vest Video of the Day

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The video isn’t stupid, but the subject sure is. The self-tester tries out the bulletproof vest on himself by firing a 9mm point blank into it. The good news is the vest worked. The bad news is the vest worked…..and now the gene pool needs a lifeguard. Don’t try this at home would certainly apply here. :D

Wow. I actually just went through another advanced weapons course yesterday where we went through a safety meeting before each event and watching that just makes me want to give up on humanity all together.

Yep, you're right. I was reading several articles on this and picked up the wrong info off one. Point being the guy is a few spoons short of a full utensil drawer. Maybe next time he will demonstrate a bulletproof helmet. :D

.......and that's what she said. :p

You're short a millimeter, there.

And 60 million gun owners in America *didn't* shoot themselves today, yet this asshole gets the headline. His stunning stupidity is surpassed only by his complete disregard for the impact of his actions on others, beginning with his own family had something gone wrong, and then all the millions of responsible gun owners who will find themselves having to explain or defend themselves against the inevitable onslaught of negative media attention this will bring from the anti-gun crowd.

Let's see today I think I am going to up the anty and shoot myself with not a 9mm or a 40s&w but yes a 10mm!!! Guess tomorrow he needs to break out the Desert Eagle and unload a 41 magnum into himself...

Holy sh!t what a dumbass!!!

The most common phrase uttered by a redneck before he dies- "Hey guys, watch this!"

And 60 million gun owners in America *didn't* shoot themselves today, yet this asshole gets the headline. His stunning stupidity is surpassed only by his complete disregard for the impact of his actions on others, beginning with his own family had something gone wrong, and then all the millions of responsible gun owners who will find themselves having to explain or defend themselves against the inevitable onslaught of negative media attention this will bring from the anti-gun crowd.

Yep and one thing the anti-gun crowd doesn't report is that 55% of all gun deaths in the U.S. are suicides. They report all gun deaths as one stat without qualification and like to suggest the stats all come from thugs killing other people with guns.

What's so stupid about demonstrating and proving that a product works? At least this way the redneck in the video is now familiar with the shock and blunt power of the bullet's impact against his body armor, which might make him better prepared should he be shot in a criminal situation.

Who knows maybe he owns the company that sells/makes these? :D Ok that's not true I'm sure

I do wonder if he realize that the vest won't work as effectively if shot in that area now. But then again people destroyed PS3s on launch date just because, some people have money to burn.

And 60 million gun owners in America *didn't* shoot themselves today, yet this asshole gets the headline.
Its our society man. Just like the news doesn't report on all the kids who got As in high school, nope they do stories on teen pregnancy rates, hazing, gang violence, etc.

Reminds me of an episode of "Sliders", where the go to one universe where the smart people are the "jocks" of the world

So, let me get this straight......

that's what is supposed to happen, right?

I did notice he shot himself where he had two or more layers, NOT on the logo where the vest is thin and his heart resides.:eek:

What's so stupid about demonstrating and proving that a product works? At least this way the redneck in the video is now familiar with the shock and blunt power of the bullet's impact against his body armor, which might make him better prepared should he be shot in a criminal situation.

Because there are significantly better ways to test it. As to the "becoming familiar with" aspect of your thinking, that much impact even w/o penetration can result in internal organ damage, he's lucky he's not dead. Also there's a good chance the round could have not gone where he intended. It was retarded as hell.

Darwin's theory of evolution is being circumvented by the vest. Though if this guy keeps doing dumb stuff like this it won't be long before he's history.

Every time I hear someone speak with an accent like this I automatically deduct 50 potential i.q. points right off the top.

You're short a millimeter, there.

That is a serious milimeter that you are missing as well. If you look at the ballistics of a 9mm and a 10mm, they are completely different classes of bullets. When I saw the title, I thought big whoop, only a 380 or 22 is really smaller than a 9mm. Then the guy said 10mm and I double and triple checked. That is a good vest, and I can understand why it hurt so much.

Let's see today I think I am going to up the anty and shoot myself with not a 9mm or a 40s&w but yes a 10mm!!! Guess tomorrow he needs to break out the Desert Eagle and unload a 41 magnum into himself...

Holy sh!t what a dumbass!!!

Full power 10mm auto loads and 41 magnum are equivalent in power. and he's lucky he didn't rupture his damn spleen just from the impact. very impressive bruises when someone gets hit even if the vest stops the projectile.

What a retard. That was really dangerous and stupid.

Take some safety classes, people!

Guys, standard gray modeling clay is an acceptable analog for human tissue under the vest. If you ever want to test one. Use that. You can even measure the crater afterwards and have a good idea of the blunt trauma associated with being shot through a bullet resistant vest. Lets face it. They are not bullet proof by any stretch of the imagination.

Sigh. This is about as dumb as your post regarding taxing violent games.

You only do that to familiarize yourself with hand weapons on the receiving end and there's usually someone with you. Tazer, arnis (that one hurt), batons, etc. it's not uncommon to have someone use them on you during training. But this guy didn't know what he's doing.

Geezus...

So many things could go wrong there and end his life or anyone's in that area. Stupidity knows no bounds...

I'd almost be tempted to be shot this way.... only because I'm slightly curious what the impact of getting shot feels like versus what it appears to be in a movie. IE, In a movie a guy will usually slug his shoulder fairly far to the right like the impact force of the slug was enough to destablize his torso significantly and cause him to fall backwards. In other movies, you'll have the pyscho serial killer like at the end of the movie Scream 3 where he gets shot 3-4 times in his bulletproof vest but moves forward out of anger.

Is it really possible or not? To continue to move forward relatively unaffected after being shot in a bulletproof vest? Before testing this on myself though, I'd use a sandbag inside the vest and shoot it a few times to make sure it actually 'works' as advertised then attempt a live-test. I guess you could find a video of this being done but I feel like it wouldn't quite have the same effect as being the person doing it yourself.

Akin to watching a video of someone sky diving versus sky diving yourself. There's probably a good portion of the population that would call sky drivers reckless and unsafe even though theres double backup parachutes, all the safety/double checking done, etc and a lot of people that oddly survive even when a parachute fails --albiet with broken legs/arms/ribs.

I should also add I'd aim the gun at a non-lethal area of course in case it didn't work and have a paramedic on hand or medically trained professional nearby.

Back