Stupid Advertising Stunt of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let’s see…you come home from work and find a box INSIDE your front door. Do you a.) call the police and report a burglary. b.) go down to the company office and start kicking some ass c.) all of the above because this idea is retarded (as a marketing tool).

That was very creative. I would be taken aback if I got home and saw that box on the floor. It is funny, though.

I don't see the shocking part. If you live in a apartment, guess what? Many people probably have access to your key/master key.

Looks like they just slipped it under the door. I don't see how this proves vulnerability to a thief, unless that thief is rubberman.

Not that it's particularly smart to try to scare people into buying from you - look at the comments there. There's like 10 comments, and already somebody has suggested his idea of how to get back at them. They can't really say 'Hey, that's illegal to try to scare us like that' when it's a response to their own attempt to scare you.

Slipping a box under my door counts as breaking in? Better inform the postman, as he deposits parcels through the door on a daily basis.

What was up with the voiceover? Sounded like synthesized speech.

I don't see the shocking part. If you live in a apartment, guess what? Many people probably have access to your key/master key.

i have lived in many apartments, and yes the landlord, maintenance people have a key

but they absolutely do not have the authority to open your apartment door and drop a box inside unless you have left them explicit instructions to do so (like if you were expecting an expensive item to show up)

so if i opened the door to my apartment and saw this box sitting there i would still be ready to kick some ass

Lol at them using something like Dragon Natuarally Speaking or SBTalker to keep from having to hire a voice actor.

WTF that's my apartment.

Seriously.... I live in Chile. That surprised the shit out of me and is even creepier than finding a box in your apartment. If I go home and there is a box waiting for me I'm going to lose my mind.

Break-in = kicking door in, or picking lock.

Slipping a little cardboard box under the door = WTF?

I would call and tell them to come and get their little box, and ask if it folds up inside their ASS, because it's my turn to shove it somewhere.:eek:

This is plagiarism at its finest. There was an X Files episode just like this.

Needs a bow, and a little card that says "Open me or ELSE!"

I would love to have a box like that. I think that was funny as all hell. Talk about getting someones attention, this would be the way to do it. Put an advertisement inside the box and grab some attention...

The overarching problem here is, what makes any company think they can without my permission shove their stuff under my door and into my house? That is the point I have a problem with.

Would be better if turned into a creepy little troll guy with glowing eyes or something.

It would be better if they had robot power and could sneak little nanomites under your door and turn all of your metal belongings into jello!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't that be cool!? A+!

Holy cow that's one hell of a gap under the exterior door. Mine don't have that! Only the interior doors.

You guys are missing the point. Nobody actually really broke in. They came up with a way to pop a box into your apartment, but they do so to make you think that somebody did in fact break into your appartment so that you would rush out and buy their service thinking, shit if they broke in to leave me a box, then who else could break in to take stuff out next time.

Thats actually quite an ingenious way to make a point. In fact I think thats probably one of the best marketing tactics ive seen in a while.

wow on so many aspects...

A) Talk about shitty w/o a voice over actor. Seriously, as a audio guru myself, It's NOT that hard to record a voice over.

B) In the states, I think those actions would be considered unlawful entry & littering.

C) Concept Idea is great, but presentation and delivery of it is terrible.

Rather creative.

Technically, it's no different from any other advertiser shoving flyers under my door.

Was anyone else disappointed the video didn't actually feature any kind of break in?

Smashing the way in, or picking the lock, whatever... but this? Sliding a self inflating box under the door? That's not breaking in, it's delivering a package!

.... Though that box is AWESOME.

It would be better if they did a marketing stunt like in the show "To Catch a Thief", where they notify the residents a few months prior that they are going to break in to show them how poor their security is and then offer them some kind of deal in improving their security so they can use it on the show.

It would be better if they did a marketing stunt like in the show "To Catch a Thief", where they notify the residents a few months prior that they are going to break in to show them how poor their security is and then offer them some kind of deal in improving their security so they can use it on the show.

For an entire city though? According to the video there, they don't need help being shown that as everyone is getting their places broken into all the time it sounds. They are just trying to get their name out there to make people consider them as a way to stop it.

Back