Stunt Bike riders and Skateboarders on the half pipe

[nCn]Preacher

Supreme [H]ardness
Race week in Charlotte, lots of stuff going on. At lunch today they were doing an exhibition of Stunt bike riders and skateboarders on a big halfpipe.

My first time taking photographs at anything that was going faster than a walk so they aren't as good as they could be, but a few were good enough to keep

BIke2w.jpg

BIke3w.jpg

BIke6.jpg

Skate1w.jpg

Skate2w.jpg

I like the 2nd one where it looks like the statue is looking up at him.

I went down to speed street tonight... absolutely horrible. I got a few shots of the hot girls from SPEED channel doing interviews. With the race and everything going on this weekend, there's just too many damn people. Good for the local economy I guess... maybe they can finally pave some of the roads and finish widening stuff around here. :(

a little off topic but how do you like the XT? im thinking about getting it....

nice pictures btw

I think 1/250 is a little bit slow to prevent motion blur here. In basketball I go for at least 1/400 and even that gets significant blur of fingers, some blur of feet, and the ball.

1/250 doesn't look too bad here because the wide angle makes the subject move less across the sensor, but it still appears that the bikers/skate boarders are motion-blurred because you weren't panning with them at the right speed. (or it could be because the camera focused on something like the background because the subjects are so small)

There always seems to be something intersting going on in your area at lunch. Must be fun. Cheers. :)

Don't just take stop action of skaters/bikers. I did my final on them and I wanted to show the emotion and movement of them via a still. Show some motion and use a shutter speed that will give motion blur and movement ^^

Back