Stuff Apple Fanatics Say

Hi we are apple lovers and we love Apple laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Laptop/zgbs/pc/565108

#1 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#2 best seller Apple MacBook Air
#3 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#5 best seller Apple MacBook Pro

Let the [H]aters RAGE even more!

Where are the actual sales numbers from Amazon? Surely you don't think that some thinly veiled black box of a web page constitutes reliable and accurate data simply because it says something is so.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple stuff actually are cheaper than you'd expect. Take the retina MacBook Pro. Couldn't find a single computer PC that was competitive in specs or price. Mine cost $2171 after student discount, selling iTunes card. That's a 2.6ghz quad Ivy, 16gb ram, 256 SSd, GT650M and usual specs.

You got ripped off, better spec all round, apart from the screen resolution, and 300MHz (that you are not going to notice) that's it http://http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834214898 or for $100 less than you paid you can get a Dell with matching sec and slightly lower res screen http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230409

mac01.jpg

2hpof9d.png

fdb2ae5fdccc29ef7100b4350c9fca6e.png

Where are the actual sales numbers from Amazon? Surely you don't think that some thinly veiled black box of a web page constitutes reliable and accurate data simply because it says something is so.

[H]ater #1 spotted. Are you in denial bro?

ASUS G75VW-NS72

2.6ghz quad Ivy, 16gb ram, 750GB 7200RPM and a 256G SSD, GTX 670M w/3GB of Video RAM for $2,099.99

So competitive in both specs and price. Took all of 5 minutes. :)

LOL, yes, it's pretty easy to tell the quality of posters when you can't even properly assess screen size and weight class.

i've got a Sager PC to sell you too. :rolleyes:

LOL, I was building custom watercooled gaming PCs before HIgh School. I KNOW my PC shit. :D

Let's try this again: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...odel_id=precision-m4700&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

Look, it's a trashy plastic box of a Dell (god I've owned enough of these things lol), costs $1568 + $100 + $250 = $1900.

For that, you get a plastic box, crap trackpad, inferior battery life, a craptastic TN display, and weighs over 6lbs. These aren't even CLOSE to being in the same category. I couldn't use this thing everywhere on Campus and then bring it home for desktop use.

There IS a reason why people with money buy Macbook Pros. AT this point in time, nothing even comes close to being competitive.

But...I like my machine that I got a lot of nice incentives for, and free swag, because I called them up to configure it. :) Not everything's a plastic crap box if it isn't Apple. I agree, Apple's kick ass, but please..

You know, it's not so much that I hate Apple, or hate fanboys, it's that I hate ignorance and the near complete lack of rational thought that's perpetuated by Apple Fanboys.

[H]ater #1 spotted. Are you in denial bro?

You might want to stop listening to the Church of Jobs for a while and realize that, when you make an affirmative argument, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.

Simply posting a link to some webpage that does not provide any actual data or any way to verify their methodology does not constitute proof.

http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2079015

HP and Dell far outship Apple.

In before, some people have money to spend on shit, while others don't. People are preaching to the choir. If I want to buy a 60K Benz over a 16K Corolla, and I have MORE than enough cash to blow, I'll do it. Then I'll do it again. Sometimes it comes down to what YOU would be willing to spend, and then if you can actually spend that and not bat an eyelid. What's the point in arguing over whether or not someone over payed on a laptop, a phone, a car...or anything really?
Would you like some Monster HDMI cables with that? :D

You might want to stop listening to the Church of Jobs for a while and realize that, when you make an affirmative argument, the burden of proof is on you to prove it.

Simply posting a link to some webpage that does not provide any actual data or any way to verify their methodology does not constitute proof.

http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=2079015

HP and Dell far outship Apple.
What was posted is correct. Apple outsells the others' laptops on Amazon.

What you posted are figures for the sum total of desktops + laptops worldwide.
From your source:
Note: Data includes desk-based PCs and mobile PCs, including mini-notebooks but not media tablets such as the iPad.
Source: Gartner (July 2012)

Can't watch the video here at work but I am sure I could make the same video of [H] nerd boys making ridiculously false statements about Apple hate and non-apple products.

LoL at people linking laptops that are twice the weight, thickness, 1/4 of the battery life, etc than the retina MBP.

There is not a laptop out their better all around than the retina pro for a cheaper price... period... Let the apple butthurt consume you though.

Apple adds value to their products in other ways than faster GBs and Wifis. If you aren't a complete dick (like I would assume most on here would be) a consumer can take their stuff to an apple store and talk to them about their issue. Many times they will fix your issue for free and a great deal.

What was posted is correct. Apple outsells the others' laptops on Amazon.

What you posted are figures for the sum total of desktops + laptops worldwide.
From your source:

So people buy Apple products from Amazon, probably one of the only locations to get some kind of discount vs buying at an Apple store. Hmmmm

Other pc's they can get in more locations (including from the manufacturer) for a fair price.

There IS a reason why people with money buy Macbook Pros. AT this point in time, nothing even comes close to being competitive.

It's the same reason women with money buy Louis Vuitton handbags over Coach

@2:13

"It just works..."

Most....said....untrue.....argument phrase....ever....

@2:13

"It just works..."

Most....said....untrue.....argument phrase....ever....

"But then when it doesn't, I want to break it, and poo onto the keyboard, followed by closing it so the poo fills the ridges sublimely."

Yes..

Here's something fun to do: Go watch the mars rover landing video and see what brand of laptop most of them are using if they're using one, or go to something like Google I/O and see what most of their engineers are using

herp derp, only morons buy apple and yet some of the most brilliant people in the world use them.

I guess if you like to save a few bucks, a windows laptop is a good alternative, but nothing comes close to a macbook pro, and that is evidenced by the people who use them.

Oh, and for everything stupid someone who uses a mac says, there are 10 people who use windows that are equally, if not more, stupid.

It's the same reason women with money buy Louis Vuitton handbags over Coach

Coach bags feel cheap (in this case most pc laptops). Generally LV "feels" better, and is generally better quality (hella expensive, so I guess you get what you pay for? Arguable though LOL)

Coach has gone downhill after hitting mainstream, LV is trying to prevent a dilution of their quality/feel.

Coach on the other hand, well.. Just go to their stores and you can see that a lot of their stuff sucks.

Here's something fun to do: Go watch the mars rover landing video and see what brand of laptop most of them are using if they're using one, or go to something like Google I/O and see what most of their engineers are using

herp derp, only morons buy apple and yet some of the most brilliant people in the world use them.

I guess if you like to save a few bucks, a windows laptop is a good alternative, but nothing comes close to a macbook pro, and that is evidenced by the people who use them.

Oh, and for everything stupid someone who uses a mac says, there are 10 people who use windows that are equally, if not more, stupid.

I don't understand this argument. So their work bought them their computers so they are better? Sure when the government or the company you work for is picking up the tab, Macbooks for everyone!

As soon as I have the need to control a Mars rover from my home I’ll make sure to go out and grab a Mac. For everything else I, and probably most people on this forum, use the PC for, including gaming, a PC is cheaper and better. Oh yeah my case is flimsy plastic and I don’t get the smug feeling of superiority for overspending on my hardware. I’ll deal with it.

LOL, I was building custom watercooled gaming PCs before HIgh School. I KNOW my PC shit. :D

Let's try this again: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...odel_id=precision-m4700&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

Look, it's a trashy plastic box of a Dell (god I've owned enough of these things lol), costs $1568 + $100 + $250 = $1900.

For that, you get a plastic box, crap trackpad, inferior battery life, a craptastic TN display, and weighs over 6lbs. These aren't even CLOSE to being in the same category. I couldn't use this thing everywhere on Campus and then bring it home for desktop use.

Why would you use DELL as the comparison? IMO you can't get shittier / more overpriced than that (well except for apple i guess lol). Dell wanted to charge 60 dollars for 2 additional gb of RAM. After telling their sales person how retarded this was, and that 4 gigs is even cheaper than 60 bucks, he still wouldn't budge. Needless to say, i did not buy that workstation from Dell, and will likely never buy another dell again.

True enthusiasts knows Lenovo business-class ThinkPad's are the way to go. :D

Apple earbuds are iconic tho. I mean they sound OK. But I'd prefer some beats instead.

1st Gen shuffle was great tho.

While there are negatives and positives for both camps, the sheer ignorance of Apple fanboys is simply sad.

As for people saying nothing comes close to Macbook pro retina, it really depends on the purpose. For durability, thinkpads are still a class above. Gaming? there are better alternatives. Feel? The scratch prone all metal feel is worse than the soft polycarbonate of the thinkpads or glass in the spectre but this is subjective (and people mentioning that other laptops are Coach while MBP are LV, either give an educated answer or just dont post since it only portrays your ignorance). All around you say? That depends on what you classify as being all around but yes, the MBPr is well rounded laptop with decent specs in a great form factor.

But the MBP isnt the all conquering laptop thats better than everything else out there. It might hurt your iFeelings but thats the reality.

Lots of big pics

My hat off to you cerulean. Best post I've seen you make on the forums :). That nailed it spot on for WHY I tell people to not buy apple products. Thank you for posting that for us cause thats EXACTLY the reason apple is scum

I think we just found the real reason you bought the MBP. You want to look cool among your peers on campus. For that spending an extra $1400 is probably a small price to pay, except that every time an Apple user opens their laptop at the campus coffee shop they think of themselves as being sophisticated while all I see are people who are clueless. ;)

You made your choice and you paid for it, it's your money so whatever you want to spend it is obviously fine, just don't expect the rest of the world to agree with it being a sophisticated or smart choice.

But I agree, the extra $1400 got you a higher screen resolution and ... GESTURES!!!!1!!!!eleven!!!

While there are negatives and positives for both camps, the sheer ignorance of Apple fanboys is simply sad.

As for people saying nothing comes close to Macbook pro retina, it really depends on the purpose. For durability, thinkpads are still a class above. Gaming? there are better alternatives. Feel? The scratch prone all metal feel is worse than the soft polycarbonate of the thinkpads or glass in the spectre but this is subjective (and people mentioning that other laptops are Coach while MBP are LV, either give an educated answer or just dont post since it only portrays your ignorance). All around you say? That depends on what you classify as being all around but yes, the MBPr is well rounded laptop with decent specs in a great form factor.

But the MBP isnt the all conquering laptop thats better than everything else out there. It might hurt your iFeelings but thats the reality.

Actually, either it, or the regular Macbook Pro... are better than everything else. That's the whole point of the machines. The fact that fanboys can't objectively see this... is just sad.

I think we just found the real reason you bought the MBP. You want to look cool among your peers on campus. For that spending an extra $1400 is probably a small price to pay, except that every time an Apple user opens their laptop at the campus coffee shop they think of themselves as being sophisticated while all I see are people who are clueless. ;)

You made your choice and you paid for it, it's your money so whatever you want to spend it is obviously fine, just don't expect the rest of the world to agree with it being a sophisticated or smart choice.

But I agree, the extra $1400 got you a higher screen resolution and ... GESTURES!!!!1!!!!eleven!!!

Hah! Oh Christ, I guess I'll have to tell the faculty of my Ivy to stop using their MBPs because they want to look cool. :rolleyes:

I am longtime diehard Windows user. I’ve been building custom gaming rigs for 15 years. I spend a nice chunk of money on hardware/software each year. Even just tablets I have a Xoom, Galaxy 10.1, 2 iPad3s, and 2 Nabi 2's for my young boys.

I'm also a recent Apple convert for everything but my main gaming PC at home. I recently purchased the iPads, new MacBook Air, Airport Express, an HP AirPrint printer, a Yamaha Receiver with builtin AirPlay, and an Apple TV.

Nothing touches this. The level of integration between all items, how easily and simply they work, it’s awesome. Even just the UI, I’ve never seen an Android device that doesn’t exhibit at least some level of stutter in the UI, not so with Apple devices.

You know how awesome it is when friends come over and they can immediately just start playing tunes on my stereo system from the backyard on their own devices with their own playlists/apps? Or print to the printer? Or toss their screen from their iPhone/iPad/MacBook up on the TV? I don't have to do anything except give them the pass my wifi network and they can do what they need to with any of their Apple devices.

Everything works so well it's quite amazing.

Everyone gets so hung up on hardware specs. It has little to do with that. It's the ecosystem that you are buying, the entire vertical stack. Isolated individual devices mean little. You pay more for the entire ecosystem. Every other company right now is trying like hell to build an ecosystem like Apples.

And talking about Dell shipping more than Apple? Dell and HP are hurting BADLY right now. Apple is decimating all.

http://gigaom.com/2012/09/01/hp-dell-and-the-paradox-of-the-disrupted/

Not to mention the build quality of a MacBook is unlike anything I have seen. The quality, design, usability, etc. I don’t see how anyone in the IT field can spend some time with one and not appreciate how well the entire package works. There is such a tight level of integration between hardware and software on a Mac. Windows machines just don’t have period. Can you buy HARDWARE of a similar sped for less money? Yup. It won’t be so tightly mated with its OS though, and that’s the biggest drawback, and one of the main reasons I guarantee you moving forward that Microsoft puts out more and more of its own hardware.

The old model of horizontal players is dying. It’s all going vertical.

PS. At least Mac users tend to be able to do basic math. $2174 - $1900. I did the mathz in my head see? It's like totez closer to $300 than $1400.

Oh wellz, we can't all be smaht. :rolleyes:

Hah! Oh Christ, I guess I'll have to tell the faculty of my Ivy to stop using their MBPs because they want to look cool. :rolleyes:

They won't because they do want to look cool. Just because they are faculty at an Ivy doesn't mean that they are immune to peer pressure or that they have any clue at all when it comes to IT. In fact, most faculty are completely clueless when it comes to technology which is why schools employ IT staff to go and turn on a projector for the guy with the PhD.

So yeah, namedropping just really didn't work in support of your Apple-is-worth-it argument.

However, you mentioning Ivy actually strengthened my argument that you want to be seen with an MBP and not a low-income-Acer.

Spending more than $1500 on ANY computer in this day and age is probably a sign you have little connection with reality.

Not really something to brag about.

People spend more than that on their video cards along on this forum :)

PS. At least Mac users tend to be able to do basic math. $2174 - $1900. I did the mathz in my head see? It's like totez closer to $300 than $1400.

Oh wellz, we can't all be smaht. :rolleyes:
I initially read that you spent $2700 on your setup, so that's part of the problem. The other problem is that your Dell Precision Mobile base price is wrong. It's $1000 and not the $1500+ you quoted.

Spending more than $1500 on ANY computer in this day and age is probably a sign you have little connection with reality.

Not really something to brag about.

That might just be one of the funniest and completely fucking untrue statements I've seen on this forum , bravo :D

(I've spent almost $2k on my gaming PC in the last 3 years , full disclosure).

On another note , this video is so accurate to the Mac users I know (including my brother) it isn't even funny. I just got rid of my iPhone 4 and I can say that while its a nice , simplified system (android OS could use a tad of that) and the Retina screen is nice (however high density PPI AMOLED is easily as nice) ... it has plenty of its own issues. Its far to expensive for starters (I buy phones outright now) , non-user replaceable battery , no expandable memory (this one pisses me off the most) and Apple loves to change out simple features for experimental ones and leaves you to "deal with it" if you don't like them.

I won't even get started on how I feel about Apple laptops , I think many of us can agree on how pricey they are for the "luxury" of using an Apple product.

I switched phones to a Samsung Galaxy Nexus and it blows an iPhone 4 out of the water on just about every front. If android can be this good than I really don't have a reason for going to an iPhone ever again.

Actually, either it, or the regular Macbook Pro... are better than everything else. That's the whole point of the machines. The fact that fanboys can't objectively see this... is just sad.
Actually, compared to the Retina version, the normal MacBook Pro is a terrible deal. If you were to boost the specs to what the Retina has, you'd pay $200 more, and still have the 1440x900 display.

I initially read that you spent $2700 on your setup, so that's part of the problem. The other problem is that your Dell Precision Mobile base price is wrong. It's $1000 and not the $1500+ you quoted.

It's based at $1000, but in order to be comparable to a Retina Macbook Pro I spent (the base Retina Macbook Pro can be had for $1900), I upped its graphics, screen and processor, then assumed external purchases of RAM & SSD.

The two cost so similarly, that the Precision makes no sense as a purchase when you could just as soon buy a much better MBP.

I'll have to check this out at home and maybe send it to a couple of my friends who are Apple lovers. :D

Of course it does! Welcome to the internet! :p

Back