Stuff Apple Fanatics Say

Not to mention the build quality of a MacBook is unlike anything I have seen. The quality, design, usability, etc. I don’t see how anyone in the IT field can spend some time with one and not appreciate how well the entire package works. There is such a tight level of integration between hardware and software on a Mac. Windows machines just don’t have period. Can you buy HARDWARE of a similar sped for less money? Yup. It won’t be so tightly mated with its OS though, and that’s the biggest drawback, and one of the main reasons I guarantee you moving forward that Microsoft puts out more and more of its own hardware.
IT people like the ability to repair computers on site.

I tried to join one of those Macbook Airs to our AD domain and found out that it's broken (as in a bug). So much for it just works.

Are we really on page 2 of comparing Retina MBPs to plastic-bodied saggy-keyboard low-resolution TN-panel laptops? Like, really?

Why is everyone here spec and quality whores in every other Intel/AMD/NVIDIA/whatever discussion, but as soon as Apple gets brought up all that gets dropped and everyone falls back on the price argument?

LOL, maybe in a 50-employee small business.

At any decent businesses, the on-site IT group just has a dispensery for new laptops. They trade you, and send off all the laptops to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.

There is no mad scientist in the basement of Walmat/HP/GM/etc. replacing bad memory in a laptop to save the company $20. :p

When being over $2k with a student discount, well, that is definitely not cheaper than I (or almost anyone) would expect.

Back in the dark times I was a hard core Amiga user. A classmate got a LOAN to buy a Mac 2 for around $10K. This was in 1988.

I'll state that again. A student went into debt for $10K in 1988 dollars for a fucking Mac II.

Even the folks with single tasking POS PC clones laughed at him. He was so pumped about hypercard. LOL. Hypercard. :D

Its clear you dislike apple and have some sort of twisted vendetta towards them.

That isn't the definition of pretentious.

You're right however, in that I despise Apple.

I despise their vexatious litigation and constant abuse of the court system to stifle any attempt at competition.
I despise their assaults on freedom by engaging in mass censorship of books, applications and other media.
I despise their assaults on freedom by using invasive anti-consumer DRM.
I despise their constant attempts to make their products as difficult to repair as possible.

And most of all, I despise pretentious Apple users who parade around telling everyone in sight how superior they think their iDevices are, most likely to compensate for lacking in other departments.

Awesome.

The part about no viruses really makes me laugh, but not because we all know it's bullshit. My friend is a teacher in a school district in Alabama. The superintendent is a die hard iFanatic. We're talking Tom Cruise and Scientology type addiction.

He just had the entire district swap from Windows to Apple during the summer. All teachers now have Macbook Airs. All students in grades 7-12 all get Macbook Airs that they take home. No anti-virus on any of them. So I'm just waiting for the day I get a phone call from my friend to tell me the school is hosed by some malware that was spread by students.

Oh and they have no budget to get the students MS Office for Mac. They have no more budget period since the entire IT budget was blown on this "upgrade".

Then your I.T should be fired as your entire network should be protected from students and separate in every way possible

Back in the dark times I was a hard core Amiga user. A classmate got a LOAN to buy a Mac 2 for around $10K. This was in 1988.

I'll state that again. A student went into debt for $10K in 1988 dollars for a fucking Mac II.

Even the folks with single tasking POS PC clones laughed at him. He was so pumped about hypercard. LOL. Hypercard. :D

In 1996 when I was in college, I took out a 2 year computer loan. It was $2700.00 for a Pentium 120, 16 meg, 1GB hard drive, 28.8 modem,Soundblaster Live sound card, Altec Lansing speakers and a 15in monitor.

After your story I don't feel so bad anymore :D

Thank you for posting this Steve. I loved it. :D

I love it. A lot of it is actually mostly true, or somewhat true, or entirely true. I find Apple products simply superior to others at this time, but they are certainly far from being perfect.

That wasn't the point of the video but you have a right to your opinion.

I despise their vexatious litigation and constant abuse of the court system to stifle any attempt at competition.
I despise their assaults on freedom by engaging in mass censorship of books, applications and other media.
I despise their constant attempts to make their products as difficult to repair as possible.

And most of all, I despise pretentious Apple users who parade around telling everyone in sight how superior they think their iDevices are, most likely to compensate for lacking in other departments.

Proof? :p

In 1996 when I was in college, I took out a 2 year computer loan. It was $2700.00 for a Pentium 120, 16 meg, 1GB hard drive, 28.8 modem,Soundblaster Live sound card, Altec Lansing speakers and a 15in monitor.

After your story I don't feel so bad anymore :D

One of my buddies at HP was in undergrad when the IBM 5150 came out. He had been saving up, and spend a boatload of money on one as soon as they launched, I think he said it was like $5k for the whole bundle, including disk drives and upgraded memory.

He said it was worth every dime though, because he was able to do work on his own time from his dorm. Meanwhile everyone else had to take turns on one of the ten mainframe terminals in the computer lab: Max 30 minutes, then your time was up and you had to get back in line.

Not to mention the build quality of a MacBook is unlike anything I have seen. The quality, design, usability, etc. I don’t see how anyone in the IT field can spend some time with one and not appreciate how well the entire package works. There is such a tight level of integration between hardware and software on a Mac. Windows machines just don’t have period. Can you buy HARDWARE of a similar sped for less money? Yup. It won’t be so tightly mated with its OS though, and that’s the biggest drawback, and one of the main reasons I guarantee you moving forward that Microsoft puts out more and more of its own hardware.

I tried to join one of those Macbook Airs to our AD domain and found out that it's broken (as in a bug). So much for it just works.

As the owner of a small Managed IT Services Practice with 10 employees, I would disagree. Who cares about repairing them onsite? This is what warranty is for. We are much more interested in deploying new business driving functionality than "OMG I just fixed this laptop onsite without having to send it out!!!11!" And what bug is causing you not to join an AD domain? It is common practice to join them to a domain. And to top it off, you are joining an Apple System to a MS domain, even if it did have an issue, it's a cross platform issue, but it doesn't have an issue and we do it all the time in our own office and clients. If there is a bug, we have yet to encounter it. The only bug I know of in regards this at all is a bug with periodic slow browsing of CIFS shares using Finder and yes that's real but not using Finder, and using Pathfinder instead handles it just fine for those who are bothered by it.

My wife and her brother are perfect examples of an apple buyer.

wife
- Her macbook has problems staying connected to routers, wireless or wired.
- She shuts my computer down when I am running a defrag because it causes her macbook to slow down...
- She believes that playing an online game and having someone else causing lag means I am slowing down the internet connection...

Brother-in-law
- Told me straight to my face a year and a half ago that the graphics card in his macbook pro was more powerful than any graphics card in a PC, including desktops...

That's not a typical apple buyer. There are just as many morons on the PC side that say the same crap with their intel hd3000 gpu's.

My wife and her brother are perfect examples of an apple buyer.

wife
- Her macbook has problems staying connected to routers, wireless or wired.
- She shuts my computer down when I am running a defrag because it causes her macbook to slow down...
- She believes that playing an online game and having someone else causing lag means I am slowing down the internet connection...

Brother-in-law
- Told me straight to my face a year and a half ago that the graphics card in his macbook pro was more powerful than any graphics card in a PC, including desktops...

In-laws:

-Ipod can hold 20,000 years worth of audio
-iMac's built-in LCD screen doesn't rely on pixels
-Android phones are full of viruses, versus his iPhone.

Can I get an eye-roll?

IIRC apple devices aren't that hard to repair (aside from their stupid screws).. My friend said he was able to do it just fine.

I have yet to know anybody who owns an Idevice that thinks they are better. Everybody I hang out with owns a particular device because of preference and what works for them. So the generalization of apple users is stupid.

Hell, I know people who use android and are content with gingerbread which is a bunch of fail. Android only started getting good with ICS, and 4.1 makes it better with project butter.

75c78368df236eb2fadf486a1f428df3-pafgg7.jpg

You must really dislike android and their drm too.

Then again, probably not.

So the generalization of apple users is stupid.

This is pretty much all that needs to be said. If you hang around with a lot of moronic apple users it just means you hang around with a lot of moronic people. The actual percentage of complete fanatic Apple users who are anything like what most people around here think they are like is tiny compared to the actual total user base.

People who make generalisations are morons :p

LOL, maybe in a 50-employee small business.

Speaking from the DOD side, this is one of the major things keeping them buying an Apple product.

There are quite a few Apple supporters in the military, including the ones that make the purchasing requests, but when the people holding the credit card asks if it can be serviced onsite the request goes out the window. I'm not talking about laptops that require to be rugged, there are plenty of spots for laptops in the military in normal situations that don't require being able to take a bullet.

It comes up often, the price usually isn't the culprit, the green thing IS a factor but I haven't seen it stop a purchase yet (we just bought 22 touch TN panels that weren't "green") but being able to repair onsite for a fast turn around (and the fact the military won't send anything away with a hard drive in it anymore) is the nail in the coffin.

But also before Jobs left us he did mention before his lack of DoD commitment didn't bother him.

Speaking from the DOD side, this is one of the major things keeping them buying an Apple product.

There are quite a few Apple supporters in the military, including the ones that make the purchasing requests, but when the people holding the credit card asks if it can be serviced onsite the request goes out the window. I'm not talking about laptops that require to be rugged, there are plenty of spots for laptops in the military in normal situations that don't require being able to take a bullet.

It comes up often, the price usually isn't the culprit, the green thing IS a factor but I haven't seen it stop a purchase yet (we just bought 22 touch TN panels that weren't "green") but being able to repair onsite for a fast turn around (and the fact the military won't send anything away with a hard drive in it anymore) is the nail in the coffin.

But also before Jobs left us he did mention before his lack of DoD commitment didn't bother him.

I would wager the defense industry is a very special exception, as a whole host of security protocols and portability needs prevent from the usual "cheap disposable business tool" and "replace and re-image" philosophies that most Fortune 500s use.

Most places, if you have a broken laptop, they swap it, then send the broken one back to Dell/HP/Apple with a note that says something along the lines of "WTF, replace this".

I would wager the defense industry is a very special exception, as a whole host of security protocols and portability needs prevent from the usual "cheap disposable business tool" and "replace and re-image" philosophies that most Fortune 500s use.

Most places, if you have a broken laptop, they swap it, then send the broken one back to Dell/HP/Apple with a note that says something along the lines of "WTF, replace this".

I've done IT outside as well and while it was a while ago they really seemed to appreciate (the business) on getting it fixed on the spot. Companies were pretty paranoid about keeping their HDD intact and most would take it out before giving to me or sending it off if the thing was bunked.

As far as the Military goes, they don't like cheap and they don't like to think of anything as disposable. They do buy some very high quality stuff. Last year I disposed of a laptop thats been in the military for 8 years, looked at the card and it was in the Marines, Army and AF, as well as 20 different units. Pretty cool to think about that.

Actually, either it, or the regular Macbook Pro... are better than everything else. That's the whole point of the machines. The fact that fanboys can't objectively see this... is just sad.

I think this post of yours gives a good idea of the typical apple fanboy. I mentioned that whether the MBPr or, say, an T530s is better really depends on the purpose. But no, in your view the macbook is better in every way than everything else out there.

I never thought the level of ignorance can get to such levels but nowadays it can be seen from the typical apple fanboys and thats what makes me sad. Then again youre entitled to your opinion and if it makes you happy, good for you.

Hi we are apple lovers and we love Apple laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Laptop/zgbs/pc/565108

#1 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#2 best seller Apple MacBook Air
#3 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#5 best seller Apple MacBook Pro

Let the [H]aters RAGE even more!

2dkzk0l.png

There is nothing to RAGE against with this argument. It is fatally flawed by the fact that there are only 4 CHOICES for Apple laptops while their are literally thousands of PC choices. The fact that Apple doesn't have 1-4 locked down 24/7 is a pro PC argument, not anti.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think this post of yours gives a good idea of the typical apple fanboy. I mentioned that whether the MBPr or, say, an T530s is better really depends on the purpose. But no, in your view the macbook is better in every way than everything else out there.

I never thought the level of ignorance can get to such levels but nowadays it can be seen from the typical apple fanboys and thats what makes me sad. Then again youre entitled to your opinion and if it makes you happy, good for you.

while i think the hate twords apple here is strong (i dont care either way) but it does bring these people out of the woodwork often.

But seriously learn not to argue with them, you will go in circles . Like the guy in the video.

I wish apple made pools...

while i think the hate twords apple here is strong (i dont care either way) but it does bring these people out of the woodwork often.

But seriously learn not to argue with them, you will go in circles . Like the guy in the video.

I wish apple made pools...

Not possible , an Apple fanboy wouldn't be able to carry around said pool and tell everyone how its never had a virus. :p

You must really dislike android and their drm too.

Then again, probably not.

http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Unlike Apple, most Android tablet vendors (including Asus, which is the one I bought from) release tools to unlock the bootloader and allow one to install any firmware they please onto their device. If I want, I can even run Ubuntu on my tablet. I am also free to install applications from any source; I am not restricted to Google's app store.

I do not buy music, books or other content from Google's Play Store.

Back