Students its that time of year again

Cowcaster88

[H]ard|Gawd
For those of you who are students looking to purchase a new Apple computer you can get a rebate to get an iPod Nano free after mail-in rebate. If you want a iPod video you'll get a $179 rebate to use toward that.

Here's the link.

Arcygenical said:
So can we get student pricing on the laptop AND a free Nano?

After $179 MIR :)

My one experience with Apple MIR was a positive one. It was 2 summers ago when I bought my ex-Powerbook and 4g iPod. Rebate came in promptly and it was pretty much hasslefree.

You do have to pay tax for the nano, which should be around ~$15.

synergyo1 said:
After $179 MIR :)

My one experience with Apple MIR was a positive one. It was 2 summers ago when I bought my ex-Powerbook and 4g iPod. Rebate came in promptly and it was pretty much hasslefree.

You do have to pay tax for the nano, which should be around ~$15.

My experiance with Apple's rebate was also positive. I participated in this program last year and recieved my rebate check in a few weeks. I was rather impressed.

make sure you send in your paperwork withing 30 days of purchase... i sent it in right before the promotion ended one year and i was denied and had to appeal stating that the 30 day rule wasnt prominantly displayed.... apparently they had a lot of people with that problem so they sent my check within 10 days...

the first thing i did when i saw this promotion was emaiil my mom with the subject, "Macbook, now you just can't say no!!" And had the link to the promo site. I think i might go for the promotion, even though i dont need the ipod, and then sell the ipod on ebay or something.

wow thats a good deal i mean i got an ipod video and it was 416$ canadian!!! too bad its only macs tho :(

well it would be better if it was for windows comps even tho that doesnt make any sense and i dont really like macs

What in the world are you going on about? The iPod has been compatable with Windows for many years.

i know it has always worked with windows but i mean that deal with a windows comp cuz i am buying a new comp in a couple months

chared said:
i know it has always worked with windows but i mean that deal with a windows comp cuz i am buying a new comp in a couple months

You want Apple to give you a free iPod when you buy a Windows machine? Are you out of your mind?

Arcygenical said:
Is this offered to Canadians? I can't seem to find the link on the Canada Site.

I wonder about this as well... free Nano would be friggen awesome. Though I can't afford a macbook yet...

i meant that that would be sweet even tho that wouldnt make sense that if you bought a windows comp (which im going to in a couple months) they would give you a free ipod nano even tho as i had said it doesnt make any sense

chared said:
i meant that that would be sweet even tho that wouldnt make sense that if you bought a windows comp (which im going to in a couple months) they would give you a free ipod nano even tho as i had said it doesnt make any sense

Why not get a intelMac? Then you could get the iPod Nano and rebate then you could install Bootcamp and get Windows XP to load. That why you could have the best of all worlds.

chared said:

You just said that's not what you meant. I give up.

Galvatron said:
You just said that's not what you meant. I give up.

Lol to that. And to cowcaster88, I agree, that is a really good idea, one that I will be using soon because I need a good ol' lappy before I head off to good ol' college.

Arcygenical said:
Is this offered to Canadians? I can't seem to find the link on the Canada Site.

It will be offered to Canadian's soon. I called the apple store and inquired about it. The sales rep said it will be offered to Canadians in the near future and took my number down to call me as soon as the offer is available. Hope it's soon cuz I want a black macbook now!!!!

Back