Students Break Land Speed Record with Cheese-Byproduct

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Students at Utah State University have broken the land speed record for its class at the Bonneville Salt Flats. The biofuel used to set that record was created solely from yeast and cheese waste that yields a product that can be rendered into biofuel. The custom built racer hit 64.4 mph running on nothing but cheese fumes. Let the ‘who cut the cheese’ jokes commence. :D

Man, I had a burrito the other day and. . . Anyway I think the fumes coming out of me would have got them to at least 74mph.

Man, I had a burrito the other day and. . . Anyway I think the fumes coming out of me would have got them to at least 74mph.

Hahaha, I love your reply.

I tried explaining biofuel and methane to a friend a few years ago and how it can power cars in the future.

His reply: "So, I can drop my pants, fart or shit into the fuel tank just to power it?" :D

My ass just made the Kessel Run 23 parsecs with all the extra matter I introduced after the chili and burrito contest!

Even though I went to BYU (Utah State and BYU don't exactly like each other), this is pretty neat and I always love seeing our Utah schools do well...even if it is with gaseous fumes. :D

Got a few family members who can launch themselves to at least the Moon after a 3-days-of-chili-marathon. :eek: Wonder if Limburger cheese would produce "interesting" results. ;)

That's sort of interesting...but can't we already go as fast with other stuff.

When they get those cheese-fueled cars to hit 88 mph... we're going to see some serious shit.

Good to know because the next time we go racing and tell someone their car is cheesey, we now have evidence that cheesey cars are officially slow.

Back