Student Fried $58,000-Worth of College Computers Using 'USB Killer' Device

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have stated that he thought it was a regular USB flash drive and then pretended he can't speak a word of English.

It worked every time at my colllege when the international students from china used the alarmed fire doors for convenience.

I'm not paying for a paper weight and i know it won't work, it is a conspiracy. If you for some reason want to prove me wrong, go ahead and prove me wrong.

I need the pro kit to plug every hole. That is 105.18

You got called out on a bullshit statement, anyone that hangs out here should know very well what happens when excessive voltage is applied to electronics. Eat your crow and move on.

Dumb to blame USB, cause one could do the same to HDMI, RS232, or any other port.
All you'd need is a free power cord with the IEC end cut off. Rocket science, go figure...

heck you dont even need the port. two wires through the vent holes with enough voltage will do the trick.
however it is nice to see added protection

Where? Link them.

You literally already linked one that proves you wrong lol. The USB port used on all of the devices, in the video you provided, no longer work for anything other than power delivery. Stop trolling lol

This is school equipment, of course its cheap & probably really old in modern computing sense.

But they must be replaced with today's price tag, all new. It will take man-hours to do it, all new licenses, etc.

In some way's it's be cheaper, but in others more costly.

Besides any orgnization of any real size does tech refresh is partial cycles, say, replacing a 25% to 33% a year each year, not all at once. How likely is it that this dude was discriminating, "I'll only burn their POS old shit"

Picture of Vishwanath Akuthota

AP-Youth-Killed-50-Computers-In-US--Arrested--1551358197-1420.jpg

If the occasion came up that we need to destroy our electronics, they gave us these;

maxresdefault.jpg

I hope this somehow doesn't gets twisted and they try and outlaw the usb device instead.

Last edited:
I don't even remember what this thread was about after reading the comments.

Just buy filip a usb killer, he deserves it for successfully trolling and highjacking the thread.

In other words they got a good deal.

They probably just pro-rated the costs for their scheduled End Of Support date and did the math for the value that they didn't get to realize. I buy a $10,000 NAS, it's EOS in 5 years, so it's worth $2,000 a year to me. Someone destroys it early after 3 years, I lost $4,000 for the 2 years I didn't get out of it.

Alright haters, I bought one when It arrives and I have time to bring out the potato to film it I will post a video in Genmay. This video will be definitively proof that I am right 100% of the time and that I should never be questioned as well as that this usb killer is some BS.

Alright haters, I bought one when It arrives and I have time to bring out the potato to film it I will post a video in Genmay. This video will be definitively proof that I am right 100% of the time and that I should never be questioned as well as that this usb killer is some BS.

USB killers are baby crap.. come on.. MSI monitors can survive gunfire. Post a video of your computer surviving a few blasts from an RPG-7 instead.

https://hardforum.com/threads/msi-gaming-monitor-stops-a-stray-bullet-and-still-works.1978579/

I smell a new poof for you

So the windows keys where worth $58,000 or was it all labor. I need to get a job as a tech guy at a university. Or they are just dell computers or some shit I can't see this frying the mb etc... unless it is some cheap ass equipment.

it'll fry most motherboards, including servers.

Yesss, I was waiting for this comment. For science!

Yesss, I was waiting for this comment. For science!
Ranks up there w/flat earthers.
As a real test he should try it on pc's in the Computer Science lab at his local college, and don't forget to film it. ;):p

Edit: The above statement is parody. DO NOT TRY IT Because you will go to jail where you'll find several people ready willing and able to ...
... plug it into every hole. .

Last edited:
You craw fishing, pony up if your so confident mail one to me and I will film myself putting it in every hole. Whats like $150 dollars to you when I have thousands of dollars worth of shit I will connect it to?

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhh, you too must know it does not work based on the video i posted. Well what do you know we have a catfish not a craw dad.
GoFundMe?

This is worse than him sticking a USB with a virus and infecting the computers. At least with the virus, they don't lose the hardware. Anybody know if the USB ports are disabled, does this still work? If not, the school should have disabled the ports. I'm sure in the future they will.
very true...or they should lol

We need multiple angles of cameras please :) One on the "Device under test" per say and one aimed at your face reaction. Don't forget to continue catching the audio after you "made your point" ! (We like cursing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back