Stuck folding with no results for 3 weeks

velusip

[H]ard|Gawd
Name: p1163_p1136_p1130_L939_K12M_355K
Download time: June 23 20:22:08

Over and over and over...in the log it says that it gets uploaded (and thanks me for my contribution), but the stats pages don't reflect the points. It only shows 240 points per day from a borg when this protein should be processed and gone every few hours.

Should I delete FAH work and logs and start over?

I'd start by checking your config, there's a very real possibility that its being credited to a wrong username. If that's not the case, go over and ask at www.folding-community.org and see if the Stanford guys can check the assignment and stats servers to see if something has gotten stuck there.

p[H]ant0m said:
I'd start by checking your config, there's a very real possibility that its being credited to a wrong username.

... or team.

I looked into it and couldn't find any answers, but found several "possibilities". One was that permissions to files could have been skewed whilst copying directories from another computer. Or, since the config file is a binary file it might have gained or lost return carriages in transport.

Another possibility is svchost is not passing in the -local argument. Considering that both clients seem to be processing the same protein at all times I'm lead towards believing this. Does the server commonly hand the same work order to two clients on the same computer? Any ideas?

In the end I deleted a possible three weeks worth of folding results and reinstalled the clients.

MN Scout said:
... or team.

Well if the team was different, it would show on the same page on Stanford's stats.

The config file is a very real possibility, because there was a spate of this a few months back where people were editing it in notepad and it was corrupting the file. If you have to edit the config file, using -configonly is the only way to go.

As for the results of not using local, I'm not sure what they could be.

Back