Stuck at black developer preview screen

rudy

[H]F Junkie
Windows 8 Dev Preview.

2500k, z68 mobo, 8gb ram, 500gb HDD.

So every time I start this machine it goes to an all black screen with white letters that says developer preview or something like that. And it just sits there. If I then press the restart button it loads fine bringing me to the login screen. So every time i start the computer I must go through this sequence. Anyone have any idea what is causing it or how to fix it? If I shut it down it happens again.

Hmm I never thought of this do you have any links or experiences suggesting this could cause such a condition? But I will check.

Hmm I never thought of this do you have any links or experiences suggesting this could cause such a condition? But I will check.

Yeah, I have a lot of experience that suggest an outdated EFI/BIOS could cause problems like this.

Close, I have a GAZ68MA-D2H-B3
I am currently trying to get the bios update but am having trouble getting windows 8 to connect to a flash drive, which is an issue I was unaware of especially since I think I installed it with a flash drive.

I cannot remember if I am over clocking this machine lol. Maybe

Well I updated the BIOS/ EFI whatever you want to call it.

It did not fix the problem I let it run a couple days to see and still nothing. Same problem.

Back