Struggling with UniFi USG Pro 4 setup, anyone have time to help?

MinPins

Limp Gawd
First some background...

My home network is fairly complex (I'll include an equipment list below) because in addition to my house I have 2 other buildings; a workshop/storage building, and also an almost finished guest cottage (I plan to create a guest network for it soon, but have not had the time to read up on how to do that yet). I also have a large outdoor patio area.

I am *far* from a network admin, my networking knowledge is self taught and I have learned a great deal from reading on the UniFi community, this forum, and also by watching lots of Unifi related videos on YouTube. I also just read the entire Unifi 5 User Guide. I do all of my own work, from setup to making cables.

I need to upgrade from my ASUS RT-AC68U router to a USG Pro 4 since I am switching to gigabit broadband very soon. I just adopted the USG Pro 4 and after struggling for a few hours, managed to upgrade the firmware using Windows Powershell and SSH thanks to some very helpful videos. I could not get it to upgrade the FW using the controller. I am mostly clueless with SSH or Linux, so mostly I copy what others have been successful with.

I run the Unifi 5.10.26 controller from my main PC, but also have a UBNT account with Cloud access enabled. I like that Unifi is sort of "set it and forget it", I usually only start the controller when I am making changes or upgrading FW on my devices. My PC does not run 24/7.

Equipment list:

Arris SB6183 cable modem

UniFi USG Pro 4 (replacing ASUS RT-AC68U)

UniFi Switch US‑24‑250W (all of my POE devices use this switch)

HP 1810G-24 switch (for all of my non-POE devices)

4 UniFi nano-HD APs (a 5th will be installed in the guest cottage)

1 UniFi UAP-AC-Mesh-PRO Outdoor

16TB Netgear NAS/server

8TB ioSafe NAS

20 IP Cameras (security system)

Plus various other networked gear (AV equip, Ring doorbells, PCs, tablets, laptops, etc)

Rack%209-3-2019%20small.jpg

From this screenshot you can see that with the ASUS router, everything is running perfectly.

UniFi%20with%20ASUS%20RT-AC68U_resize.jpg

Then I swapped out the ASUS router for the new USG Pro 4 using the same IP, 192.168.1.1, and enabling DHCP on it. After hours of trying myself, and also trying to get some help on the UniFi community (not very helpful), I still cannot get the USG to adopt my existing devices. I reset them all to factory defaults and started from scratch, but still get the same results. I've rebooted, restarted, done resets, everything I can think of but still no luck. Everything in the UniFi controller settings looks OK to me.

USG%20pro%204%20no%20adoption_resize.jpg

network%20DHCP%20no%20adoption.jpg

Thanks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I'm getting close to returning the USG at this point, hoping to get this solved.

Is there a difference if you change the USG IP to e.g. 192.168.1.10?

Hey guys, had a long day of work, etc., finally sat down at the computer.
I have no time to work on this tonight, will do more troubleshooting tomorrow.

DonTC - I will Google how to bulk adopt
peanuthead - I did look at them, but they are long and I really don't understand a great deal of the nomenclature
Meeho - I did something like that, I tried 192.168.1.5 but it had the same effect, failed adoptions

I just did a USG migration from one controller to another, took an hour at most, yours should be easy, a few things Ive had to try in the past on some other customers networks:

try a new 'site' in the controller software (had this issue when replacing a USG4 for a USG)
try a new network IP scheme (change 192.168.1.x to 5.x)

Try disconnecting from the Internet and disabling USG's firewall.

I have appointments early today, but should have time to work on this after lunch. Thanks.

Back