Struggling to play video games .

jonneymendoza

Supreme [H]ardness
As the title says, i am struggling to find time to play games anymore.

With some brilliant games that have come out such has MGS5 and fallout 4, i cant keep up and experience pplaying these properly due to me having such an active life.

Before i could pick up these games at launch and play them fine.

I got MGS5 a few weeks after launch and just played the prelouge and first mission, thats it...

i also got witcher 3 and guess what, i have not even launched the game yet..

And now with Fallout 4 a game i soo badly want to play but cant as i have not even played mgs5 and witcher 3.

Am i the only one here finding less time to chill and play games?

You didn't say what the reasons were ... if the reasons are family obligations then you might have to adjust to a smaller game time budget ... if it is work that usually tends to be cyclical ... if it is other discretionary activities then it is a matter of priority and choice ... If gaming is something that you consider an important activity then you just have to budget a little time in your schedule (use your hour of "me" time in a relationship or budget an hour or two before bed, etc) ... The Covey successful habits created the 7th habit (sharpen the saw) so that you can have some activities related to renewal and fun ... just budget that for gaming if that is what you consider important

what i do is take a break, just fuck it, dont bother with it, take two or three months off, then, you prioritize, take a look at your game list and dump a few, if you didnt played it untill now, fuck it, scratch it off your brain, theres too many games and you'll never find time. then, after the break, choose the one you want to play the most and start playing it, and fuck it all, dont force yourself to play a game because you bought it, people toss money on worthless things all the time, soak up the damage and dont bother, put it in the past and have fun with what you want now.

Welcome to not being a kid anymore.

You now have more money to buy games you won't have time to play.

No it's not about having time. If you want you can make time for anything. Saying "I don't have time" is just much more convinient lie, than admitting that you're not that into games anymore.

Split up your Steam Library and just put the games you really want to play in your favorites list just concentrate on that otherwise it's like the steam wheel of fortune.

I had the same problem I couldn't get into MGS5 so I didn't put it on my priority list.

Sounds like you're trying to do too many things at once and not having enough time. My strategy was to play only 2 games at any given point, but note others that I wanted to play. Those I would only buy after I finished one of the other games. The good thing about this method is you are able to get the other games at a drastically reduced price a few months later.
Don't be like the Apple crowd - I got to have the latest NOW.

With some brilliant games that have come out such has MGS5 and fallout 4, i cant keep up and experience pplaying these properly due to me having such an active life.

I got MGS5 a few weeks after launch and just played the prelouge and first mission, thats it...

And now with Fallout 4 a game i soo badly want to play but cant as i have not even played mgs5 and witcher 3.

This is the best thing that could have happened to you. Here's why.

The Witcher 3 just got to the point where everything works great. Last patch a couple weeks ago fixed 600+ bugs I think. The development team has asked the community what they want more of and they have delivered on that content. So waiting to play it now will give you a much better experience than when it originally launched.

Fallout 4 is as broken as broken can get. Every thread on the forums about the game has someone wondering why does it run so badly for the level of graphics displayed. Wait until next year when Bethesda is releasing Season Pass content to pick this title up. See I saved you some time and frustration!

MGS5... It works perfectly. I bought my copy release night and have yet to fire it up. Waiting on my Steam Controller to show up. So basically you the choice of The Witcher 3 or MGS5 to play through during the winter months.

You haven't missed a thing! :)

You didn't say what the reasons were ... if the reasons are family obligations then you might have to adjust to a smaller game time budget ... if it is work that usually tends to be cyclical ... if it is other discretionary activities then it is a matter of priority and choice ... If gaming is something that you consider an important activity then you just have to budget a little time in your schedule (use your hour of "me" time in a relationship or budget an hour or two before bed, etc) ... The Covey successful habits created the 7th habit (sharpen the saw) so that you can have some activities related to renewal and fun ... just budget that for gaming if that is what you consider important

mix of all mate.

social, gf, work, family. all combined.

i have become super popular and busy last few years since my divorce.

infact when i was married i had more time to game lol

500be520022d424eb539f271d371fb2fcc992e01cf692fd65c6471bf0a363ff3_1.gif

you just gotta get up, put your man pants on and then sit back down and play some fucking videogames you big nerd. I should be at work, but I'm playing Fallout instead cause its snowing and Im hungover. I dont give a fuck.

I don't understand what the point of this post is. Life is happening to you just like the rest of us. Over time our interests come and go. There was a time for like 9 months last year when I virtually played nothing, but I was more outgoing and active but it's a good thing. This year however i've been gaming a shit-ton so I think the interest comes and goes as I get older. Still love games, and at times I don't like anything or even if I do I can't get myself to play them.

mix of all mate.

social, gf, work, family. all combined.

i have become super popular and busy last few years since my divorce.

infact when i was married i had more time to game lol

As others mentioned you might just be growing out of gaming for awhile ... for many of us gaming is a lifelong passion and for others it waxes and wanes ... I have been console and computer gaming since I was a teenager (I am in my 50s now) ... I find it an enjoyable and refreshing hobby ... I also introduced my kids to it and all three of my boys are avid PC gamers

If you are enjoying other distractions more, then go with that ... gaming and Steam libraries will be there still if you decide to get back into gaming ... if you are just wanting to keep a foot in the door then budget a few hours a week for gaming (which is usually manageable)

Saying "I don't have time" is just much more convinient lie, than admitting that you're not that into games anymore.

Wrong.

Sounds like you're trying to do too many things at once and not having enough time.

Ding ding ding right on the money. Still love gaming, that's never going away. But I like (and attempt) to sate so many other interests as well.

Ditch the wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend. The Fleshlight or Rabbit take care of those needs. :D

you just gotta get up, put your man pants on and then sit back down and play some fucking videogames you big nerd. I should be at work, but I'm playing Fallout instead cause its snowing and Im hungover. I dont give a fuck.

LOL!!! Funniest thing I've heard all day!

"Jenkins!!! Is that you??! Get your ass to work!!"

Seriously though, My little guy is turning 5 and I haven't played video games for 4 years. I used to be able to squeeze an hour or so in during nap-time but that's long over. Now we started playing Mario Bros together. Awesome!!!
Sometimes I'd rather go buy Witcher 3 and play that but you take what you can get. Sure is awesome watching him get better and better and play with old Dad! :cool:

LOL!!! Funniest thing I've heard all day!

"Jenkins!!! Is that you??! Get your ass to work!!"

Seriously though, My little guy is turning 5 and I haven't played video games for 4 years. I used to be able to squeeze an hour or so in during nap-time but that's long over. Now we started playing Mario Bros together. Awesome!!!
Sometimes I'd rather go buy Witcher 3 and play that but you take what you can get. Sure is awesome watching him get better and better and play with old Dad! :cool:

I tried to introduce my kids to strategy games and shooters as soon as they were old enough and they are still fans (even after a traumatic experience with The Sims ... apparently an 8 year old takes having social workers haul away his baby in the game a little personally :D )

After work tiredness can be a factor... existential depression...depression in general. I was fired from work today. Lots of free time now LOL

You just need to find an hour or 2 every so often. I take Muay Thai and Jiu Jitsu after work and can fit in an hour of gaming a night.

You listed 3 of the biggest time sinks in gaming history. Try playing something more manageable. Something linear perhaps?

To tell you the truth these new games require more time to play them properly and I don't really like it.

I was happy just doing missions in fall out and I was happy just doing missions in metal gear solid 5.

The manage and build your own town and create your own economy additions to these games really doesn't do it for me. I'll play a game like CIV 5 if I want that shit. Keep them separate please God.

To tell you the truth these new games require more time to play them properly and I don't really like it.

I was happy just doing missions in fall out and I was happy just doing missions in metal gear solid 5.

The manage and build your own town and create your own economy additions to these games really doesn't do it for me. I'll play a game like CIV 5 if I want that shit. Keep them separate please God.

Except the city features in FO are optional ... you are under no obligation to complete those tasks as they aren't required for the main storyline ... certainly for some people the expanded crafting and city options give the game more depth and make it more interesting ... some folks just have difficulties ignoring the options they don't like

If all you want to do is side missions and exploring without any crafting or city management that is certainly an option in FO4 for those that want it

the only time i can find nowadays is late at night, sure im getting less sleep but im fulfilling my gaming urge

For me, it comes and goes. Sometimes, I'm just too busy with life (married, 3 kids, being a responsible adult), or I just don't feel like it. Sometimes I've not gotten into something intially but later gone back and "OMGWTFBBQ! This is AMAZING!". It's a hobby. Doesn't mean I'm doing it every day. I'm more selective and cheap on what I will buy because I play for pleasure.

You can love something and not want to do it 24/7. Perfectly okay.

Your problem is MGS V is the most overrated game of all time. It's just not fun. Get Dark Souls 2. It's a real game.

Yeah it is tough. Having 4 kids under 9 here and finding time to play means after they go to bed. So this keeps me up until 11 or midnight on week nights if I want to get immersed in anything.

I have lots of time but no games to play because the games out there has no soul

Back