Strong Humble Message to ATI and Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
As we embark on Nvidia's next generation of cards....I remain an optimist, but I am pretty sure that Fermi isn't going to be revolutionary or exciting. What we will see is just a fps improvement, we are not going to see avatar-like graphics any time soon. Whatever fps improvement, whether it be 10fps, 5fps etc. more than the competing ATI card, I am certain none of their offering will offer better power savings, better reliability, and a better warranty than an XFX 5870. Also I find it hard to believe that Nvidia's solution will some how be better than the revolutionary Eyeinfinity that must be praised by consumers, regardless of the bezel management issue. Eyeinfinity raised the bar and ATI will be known for bringing multi-monitor gaming to the masses, so I give ATI kudos for that. But that said, I am pretty certain that I won't be upgrading in 3 years or until something is released that will absolutely blow my mind, because the performance increase generation after generation has been quite sub-par and disappointing the last decade. These incremental performance increases which seem to be a 5-10 fps gain is just pathetic by both of thes companies. Basically what these companies are telling us is that they can't do better. Lack of competition? Probably a factor. It's surprising that a 3rd graphics card company hasn't propped up yet.

I have a message for both of these companies. Stop these slow incremental performance increases in graphics cards and gouging the consumer with these horiffic prices. And stop categorizing video cards by price by low, mid, and high end, and then marketing them as 'revolutionary' graphics, especially when the low-end provides a horriffic experience. We are tired of what seems like simple refreshes, and we desire ground breaking products in which performance will blow our mind. Not some 5-10fps average performance increase. That may of been fine and dandy before, but not in this age. We know there is technology out there that is far better than what me might consider 'high end.' Look at the movie 'Avatar' for example. We want access to those kind of graphics and technology, and we want them soon, other wise we know that you guys are just severely holding the consumer back for your own gain. People are catching on and will no longer buy your products especially with these small incremental performance increases that show no innovation and are simply a way for you to sell a repackaged product with slightly better performance...regardless if the 'architecture' is different...or not. We are tired of this and we won't stand for it much longer. You both will fail if you continue on this path of smoke screen competition. Do not let us down. The world is on to both of you just to let you know, and we will bring both your companies down if you keep these deceitful practices up. My humble regards,

- PS3

I emailed both CEOs of Nvidia and ATI and expressed my concern. I asked them to post a response to this forum, but I doubt they will as they would probably be too chicken to, but it was worth a shot.

If I do get a response from the CEOs it will probably be some robotic PR response any way.

I emailed both CEOs of Nvidia and ATI and expressed my concern. I asked them to post a response to this forum, but I doubt they will as they would probably be too chicken to, but it was worth a shot.

I think you have a better chance of getting an answer from Miss Piggy or Kermit the Frog.

again /facepalm

LOL! seriously? Nice Monday morning chuckle.

"Chicken"'s not the term I would use for someone ignoring the rantings of an angsty kid.

As we embark on Nvidia's next generation of cards....I remain an optimist, but I am pretty sure that Fermi isn't going to be revolutionary or exciting. What we will see is just a fps improvement, we are not going to see avatar-like graphics any time soon. Whatever fps improvement, whether it be 10fps, 5fps etc. more than the competing ATI card, I am certain none of their offering will offer better power savings, better reliability, and a better warranty than an XFX 5870. Also I find it hard to believe that Nvidia's solution will some how be better than the revolutionary Eyeinfinity that must be praised by consumers, regardless of the bezel management issue. Eyeinfinity raised the bar and ATI will be known for bringing multi-monitor gaming to the masses, so I give ATI kudos for that. But that said, I am pretty certain that I won't be upgrading in 3 years or until something is released that will absolutely blow my mind, because the performance increase generation after generation has been quite sub-par and disappointing the last decade. These incremental performance increases which seem to be a 5-10 fps gain is just pathetic by both of thes companies. Basically what these companies are telling us is that they can't do better. Lack of competition? Probably a factor. It's surprising that a 3rd graphics card company hasn't propped up yet.

I have a message for both of these companies. Stop these slow incremental performance increases in graphics cards and gouging the consumer with these horiffic prices. And stop categorizing video cards by price by low, mid, and high end, and then marketing them as 'revolutionary' graphics, especially when the low-end provides a horriffic experience. We are tired of what seems like simple refreshes, and we desire ground breaking products in which performance will blow our mind. Not some 5-10fps average performance increase. That may of been fine and dandy before, but not in this age. We know there is technology out there that is far better than what me might consider 'high end.' Look at the movie 'Avatar' for example. We want access to those kind of graphics and technology, and we want them soon, other wise we know that you guys are just severely holding the consumer back for your own gain. People are catching on and will no longer buy your products especially with these small incremental performance increases that show no innovation and are simply a way for you to sell a repackaged product with slightly better performance...regardless if the 'architecture' is different...or not. We are tired of this and we won't stand for it much longer. You both will fail if you continue on this path of smoke screen competition. Do not let us down. The world is on to both of you just to let you know, and we will bring both your companies down if you keep these deceitful practices up. My humble regards,

- PS3

Hi PS3,

Nvidia just called me, YES ME can you believe it? and said they read your eloquently written post and decided to completely revamp their video graphics business model. They are now making just one video card now, Its called The PS3 Ultimate Satisfaction 480GTXS. This thing does both EYEinfinity AND Nvidia 3d vision. James Cameron was quoted the other day saying "Dam I wish I had one of those newfangled PS3 Ultimate Satisfaction 480GTXS video cards, I could have finished up Avatar in two weeks!" End quote. James Freaking Cameron WISHED he had this card made just for you PS3!!!
Excuse me bro while I go for a slow walk and get my heart rate down.

Enjoy the new card my friend and warm fuzzy hugs for all.

I bet it didn't even hit his inbox. Directly to trash and empty.

Wait, hold on, you think there are super secret GPUs out there that rendered Avatar in real time at every movie theater it played?

That movie was made on the same GPU technology that our games are played on, if not older. The difference is that the producers of that movie had a shitload of time to design, layout, and render (each frame probably took hours to days just to complete just the rendering).

Dear Sir or Madam,

As you may or may not know, I've got a huge personal emotional investment in the success or failure of your newest video cards. Let me take a moment to sperg out about how much better I know how to run your company than you do...

Regards,

Crazy Person.

to the original poster...it's not called Eyeinfinity...the name is Eyefinity

PS3,

For some reason the CEO responses to your message was sent to me... I am not sure why, but I am forwarding them... You can figure out where each is from.

Response #1

Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.

Thank you.

Response #2

Hi. I’m thinking about what you’ve just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I agree with the OP, but you could’ve waited few hours for some solid information.
anyway I suggest closing all these Fermi threads and open one sticky, call it the Fermi troll party.

I agree with the OP, but you could’ve waited few hours for some solid information.
anyway I suggest closing all these Fermi threads and open one sticky, call it the Fermi troll party.

This isn't about Fermi. It's about Nvidia and ATI's failure.

Why didn't you just ask for your money back on every video card you ever bought???

/fail.......:eek::eek::eek:

- PS3

OP doesnt even own an add in GPU ....his sig states

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100)

Seriously my HD5870 smoked the face off my 280 GTX. 3-10 fps? Cmon thats BS, I got a really nice jump from this upgrade. I think you are just upset at spending $400 every 6 months. Also, from the 8800 GTX to the 280GTX I was using the same Nvidia cards for the last few years - there wasn't anything faster (in a single GPU solution). I don't really feel like new GPUs have been coming out all that frequently.

Seriously my HD5870 smoked the face off my 280 GTX. 3-10 fps? Cmon thats BS, I got a really nice jump from this upgrade. I think you are just upset at spending $400 every 6 months. Also, from the 8800 GTX to the 280GTX I was using the same Nvidia cards for the last few years - there wasn't anything faster (in a single GPU solution). I don't really feel like new GPUs have been coming out all that frequently.

Someone needs to start challenging these companies, because they are just fine and dandy "competing" with eachother and providing a few fps increase here and there and then slapping a $400 price tag on it. Frankly, and Shankly, people are fed up with it.

Someone needs to start challenging these companies, because they are just fine and dandy "competing" with eachother and providing a few fps increase here and there and then slapping a $400 price tag on it. Frankly, and Shankly, people are fed up with it.

No, YOU are fed up with it. People are happy with what they're getting.

And if you think shitting out a new architecture every 18 months is easy, then go out and start up your own 3d graphics company and let us buy from you.

This isn't about Fermi. It's about Nvidia and ATI's failure.

actually it’s the failure of them and every pc part manufacturer, they are all related somehow after all. why is my PC is the only part that doesn’t work instantly when I switch it on, the TV did that centuries ago, the blender did it, only the iron had that little ping delay :D

A few higher FPS in the next gen of games than previous cards would get in the previous gen of games, maybe.

You complain about price of hardware, but if they tried to develop whatever ultimate hardware you think they are capable of, the cost would be in the tens of thousands of dollars each generation instead of 300-400.

Also, when current hardware is keeping up with available games, and usually outpacing them, why would more power even help?

Why..PS3...still..not...banned..incomprehensible..*tear forming in time and space VRRR**

My complaint isn't with how gpus have been coming out all that frequently, my complaint is that the performance difference from generation to generation has been simply sub-par, lacking innovation, and causing me to question the validity of the "competition" between these two companies.

A few higher FPS in the next gen of games than previous cards would get in the previous gen of games, maybe.

You complain about price of hardware, but if they tried to develop whatever ultimate hardware you think they are capable of, the cost would be in the tens of thousands of dollars each generation instead of 300-400.

Also, when current hardware is keeping up with available games, and usually outpacing them, why would more power even help?

wait wait wait. Nobody asked you to bring logic into this!

If people were truly fed up with either company they both would not be selling ass loads of cards. Given that the fastest top of the line cards were selling for $500+ 5 years ago you should be happy top of the line cards are not selling for $750+ now.

actually it’s the failure of them and every pc part manufacturer, they are all related somehow after all. why is my PC is the only part that doesn’t work instantly when I switch it on, the TV did that centuries ago, the blender did it, only the iron had that little ping delay :D

Let's see, TV and blenders don't have to initialize their hardware, and then test to make sure that every single calculation that's to be performed is going to give back accurate results..

Well, actually newer TVs are getting slower to turn on. My 50" plasmas takes a good 5 seconds to get a picture up, whereas my old busted ass 27" Walmart special is almost instant. But I'll take the gorgeous 50" + 5 seconds over that damn thing any day.

Feel free to start up your own GPU development team, and show them how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back