Stripper Revenues Look for Steep Drop Q1'18

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
While many [H]'ers have known for years that glitter can negatively impact your home environment should you show back up at the casa with some of it on your slacks, now the tree huggers are going after the adult entertainment industry.

Glitter seems like a harmless bit of fun, but its environmental impact has led some scientists to call for it to be banned.

Harmless fun my ass.

I can see the issue. I can't see it being that huge of a deal where it needs to be banned.

Of course, we could always use fish scales. They are already in the ocean and can sparkle. Now, to get the strippers to accept that smelling like fish is a good thing....

I can see the issue. I can't see it being that huge of a deal where it needs to be banned.

Of course, we could always use fish scales. They are already in the ocean and can sparkle. Now, to get the strippers to accept that smelling like fish is a good thing....
I was always under the impression glitter and sequins are modern cheapo adaptations of the actual kinds of fish scale and crumbled glittery minerals earlier cultures would have used for decoration.

My body wash has microbeads in it which would fall under the scrutiny of this microplastics ban. Hell if I know what the microbeads are good for, but I swear I feel cleaner coming out of the shower. Guess I'm going back to cheap whor... er, I mean soap bars...

10291692_493782597390387_2358485247804299088_n.jpg

So they're going after strippers, but not all the massive amounts used in greeting cards, Christmas decorations, children's arts and craft supplies? Makes sense.

That'd be a fight I'd pay money to see. Going after arts and crafts would pit them against Hobby Lobby, Mardel's and other Christian craft stores whom are just as capable of going full crazy.

We throw away more plastic bottles than there are humans on the earth weekly and they're worried about glitter XD.

Might as well fight off latex too, all that protected sex is robbing god of human souls to harvest. . .

Well, if you look at the steep drop in church attendance over the last 20+ years, s/he's gotta be getting pretty damn hungry:eek::jawdrop::muted:

Now they want to take away my German Sparkle Party!? This has gone too far!

Seriously though, biodegradable plastic alternatives can't be that far away.

Hippies and all that, but if the stuff really never degrades... thats just one of the million other reasons to not use it.

We throw away more plastic bottles than there are humans on the earth weekly and they're worried about glitter XD.
It's about particle size not just the raw volume of plastic we dispose of. Water treatment plants don't filter down that small.

It's about particle size not just the raw volume of plastic we dispose of. Water treatment plants don't filter down that small.
I recall them raking out condoms and iv needles on an episode of dirty jobs so I understand completely.

They'll just make glitter out of something else and instead of being dirt cheap it will be almost dirt cheap.

All the plastic in our water will eventually become a microplastic. They really should be trying for a ban on all plastics. They're just picking on plastic that proves unicorns do exist and makes tits magical, sheesh.

Nah that is just in the already psychotic oligarchy of the UK. Probably wont happen here. We have too many politicians in congress that apparently like to perform all kinds of lude and sexual activities on the tax payers dole.

I've never seen glitter strippers. Is this a burger thing?

Microplastics and plastic bottles and bags and wrappers should be gone. Horrible things. What happened to waxed paper? Oh, it's a few cents more expensive, right? The day they start shipping beer in shitty plastic bottles is the day I brew my own.

I had a friend that had a big birthday party for their kids. Lots of decorations with glitter.
I left the kids party to go to out drinking with a bunch of my buddies. I was covered in glitter.
They were mad because they thought I went to the strip club without them.

The clubs in my region all banned glitter many years ago. Imagine getting pulled over on the way home covered in the stuff LOL!

I think the argument is the little bits never degrade and never fade, so in like 300 years the Atlantic Ocean is going to look like Mariah Careys bathwater.....and all plankton on the surface will be gay.

I don't like them putting glitter in the water that turns the friggen plankton gay.

All the plastic in our water will eventually become a microplastic. They really should be trying for a ban on all plastics. They're just picking on plastic that proves unicorns do exist and makes tits magical, sheesh.

Yes and no... Larger plastics can be filtered out and disposed of properly by water treatment, whereas microplastics cannot. But I agree, at this point there are a lot of plastics alternatives that are biodegradable.

So they're going after strippers, but not all the massive amounts used in greeting cards, Christmas decorations, children's arts and craft supplies? Makes sense.

Are you going to wash those items in the sink?

It makes sense to go after those items that have glitter content and their intended use includes a great likelihood that the glitter will wind up in the environment. The things you mentioned should find their way to a recycling facility, not the ocean.

Last edited:
Back