Street photography in Ghent (new XT1 on test drive)

Neutrino

Gawd
Hi guys,

I just got my xt1 (18-55 / 55-200) so i decided to take it for a spin in a nearby city: Ghent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghent

The camera is amazing, such a joy to shoot with. Love the manual controls and the responsiveness of the camera

In camera RAW dev + film simulations = YUM

I really like street photography, I just need to practice. Any critique is welcome, just keep in mind I'm a simple amateur :)

---
---

I believe this was a bachelorette party (presumably the maids of honor in black and the bride in red). Usually they dress up crazy and act accordingly, not sure why this one was so fancy (they even had a protog)
5ysviw.jpg

---
---

It doesn't look like the conversation was not going on very well here
2vwedsz.jpg

---
---

I wanted to capture a pic of the two girls talking, but once I got home I noticed the dad interacting with his girl to the right of the pic - I accidentally got them in the frame but I find them far more interesting
2rcvar6.jpg

---
---

We were eating at a gourmet burger place, and my GF took this picture. The two dogs were soooo desperate to get a bite of their owner's burger it was hilarious (super cute)
apcocm.jpg

---
---

People sitting on a streetside pub
21ca3o4.jpg

---
---

Dog and it's owner. The dog is totally focused on this kid outside the frame (I think it just wanted to play)
35n6iva.jpg

Last edited:
Cool pictures, I love Ghent! I will share some pics I took there this summer when I get home. They are with a Canon Powershot S120. I just got a Fuji X-E1 with the 18-55mm f2.8 and I can't wait to go back to Europe and take it for a spin :)

Back