Street Fighter V (Exclusive to PS4 and PC!)

CROSS PLAY between PC and PS4 was confirmed at the show. No Xbox Live limitation in the way.

CROSS PLAY between PC and PS4 was confirmed at the show. No Xbox Live limitation in the way.

That's awesome. Fighting games are 100% not my thing but this kind of news can only be good for both platforms. More people to play with is always going to be a good thing.

How is pc worse than ps4? I would think everyone is using some sort of controller..

If there is cross platform it doesn't matter but...

Competitive Fighting Games has always been console or arcade. Especially because Japan, home of the best players in the world for obvious reasons in this genre, doesn't game on PC at all really outside of idiotic anime dating and rape simulators.

So all the tournaments are console and PS3/Dreamcast/PS2 in the past. And all the best players stay on those platforms for their off time multiplayer. The talent pool on the PC is the worst of the worst, you might as well fight the training dummy or the AI for all it's worth.

For all of SIV the PS3 was where the best in the world were, the Xbox was decent if you were in the US, and the PC was a ghost town full of no talent ass clowns that were combo training dummies at best.

Anybody worth playing congregates on the platform of choice. If cross platform works that will be nice... but if there is an option to weed out the PC players and just stick to PS4 players that would be better.

Since Sony funded the development for this game, I'm rather surprised that they allowed this title to be released on PC as well, I always thought Sony was anti PC, what gives here? But whatever, I'm glad this is going to be released on PC as well since I've enjoyed all the SF games.

Since Sony funded the development for this game, I'm rather surprised that they allowed this title to be released on PC as well, I always thought Sony was anti PC, what gives here? But whatever, I'm glad this is going to be released on PC as well since I've enjoyed all the SF games.

Weird isn't it, now all they have to do is announce that Uncharted is also being released on PC and I will never again have a desire to buy a console. :D

The idea that the talent pool isn't on the PC was 100% valid...until SF4 came out. Right now, I'd say there are better players on the PC (in the US) than on the PSN. The 360 is the platform of choice, but I think some of that is shifting a bit since you can use such a crazy variety of controllers and setups on the PC version. If you don't think so, give it a shot. It surprised me.

The cross-compatibility with the PS4 version should be nice so there's one large pool of players this time around.

While I don't necessarily 100% believe it, they're saying that the exclusive isn't timed. That doesn't mean that they won't release a later version on the Xbox down the road, but it would have to be a totally different game and probably not just a patched version. Vanilla and Super were different games, but the other SF4 versions were all patches, even if there were clean disk releases for 'em.

Capcom has PC customers ever since Lost Planet, 2006.
SF5 was always coming to PC. PC is not considered a competitor to Sony. Capcom was gonna make PC version anyway. Here we are.

It's almost as if the PC platform is now universal. PC gaming is having a wonderful resurgence with this gen.

I can tell some people here don't know what SF is about from their comments, lol...

Shouldn't this thread be moved to general gaming ? I thought that's where multiplatform PC/console game threads usually reside ? Someone tried to make a SF5 thread in the console gaming forum and it was locked with a link to this one.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to general gaming ? I thought that's where multiplatform PC/console game threads usually reside ?

If that were the case then there would be virtually no threads in the PC forum considering that 95% of games these days are multiplatform.

No big deal. KI on Xbox One is becoming a great fighting game all on its own. Not a huge loss for MS.

Besides if its typical Capcom they will bury all the great looking outfits and content in about 300 DLC packs that cost $7.99 a piece.

Fuck that shit right to hell. I think with a few years KI will be standing toe to toe with the competitive fighting genre such as SF is.

I'm so happy that I have both consoles though. All this exclusivity nonsense is really not my concern. I suggest if you are really that unhappy about it that you either buy it on PC or grab a PS4 on sale during Christmas.

Street Fighter IV is my #1 most played game according to Steam.

I hope V is an improvement, and not a regression like Street Fighter X Tekken.

No big deal. KI on Xbox One is becoming a great fighting game all on its own. Not a huge loss for MS.

Besides if its typical Capcom they will bury all the great looking outfits and content in about 300 DLC packs that cost $7.99 a piece.

Fuck that shit right to hell. I think with a few years KI will be standing toe to toe with the competitive fighting genre such as SF is.

I'm so happy that I have both consoles though. All this exclusivity nonsense is really not my concern. I suggest if you are really that unhappy about it that you either buy it on PC or grab a PS4 on sale during Christmas.

Actually it is a big deal. I own both consoles but this is a hit on MS no matter how you sugar coat it. SF is one of the biggest scenes in all of North America, maybe not in Japan though. Anyone who says this isn't a huge loss for MS is out of their minds.

KI will never over throw SF or stand toe to toe, it barely has any presence in major gaming tournaments.

If that were the case then there would be virtually no threads in the PC forum considering that 95% of games these days are multiplatform.

I think several high profile multiplatform game threads lived in general gaming. Maybe there is a new policy.

I believe it should be in general gaming OR allow a console gaming SF5 thread to compliment this one. Why even bother to segregate the two gaming forums if PS4 SF5 discussion has to take place in the PC gaming section ?

I know [H] is PC focused but Street Fighter is traditionally a console game anyways. The thread should be moved. But whatever, not important enough to keep complaining.

Last edited:
Someone tried to make a SF5 thread in the console gaming forum and it was locked with a link to this one.

It looks to me like the OP of that thread closed it of his own accord. If you want a thread somewhere just open it. they only get closed by mods if they are off topic or inflammatory.

What they did with this game they wanted to give you more immersion so they came up with the Mega 3-D version with Street Fighter 4. I think what they did with the game Kings of Kung Fu looks more like a non fluid fighting game in the Vein of Old Kung Fu flicks.

Street Fighter IV is my #1 most played game according to Steam.

I hope V is an improvement, and not a regression like Street Fighter X Tekken.

SFxTekken had some really solid elements to it, they just had some complete mind-benders in there, too. The gems, on-disk DLC, and bizarre pacing made what could have been a great game into a bit of a pariah. Objectively I don't think it's that bad of a game, though. If everyone just uses some default gems (power is nice because it makes the damage and pacing better), there are some things to really enjoy about it.

I've been playing SF for a long time.Started out at a local video game store that had a SFII cabinet and I would ride my bike there with a friend and we'd go through $5 in quarters playing. Going through all the versions of this game, I'm still playing today on xbox360. Personally I like the look of the game in it's current state and I'm liking the way it looks in the video for SF5 even though it's different. After watching PR_Balrog stream the current version now and actually getting to play him in a first to five (and getting whooped) there is a level to the game where I will never be. I still love playing online and look forward to seeing what the new version will bring.

I can tell some people here don't know what SF is about from their comments, lol...

Having some fun with your friends and a few beers? Competitive players are competitive players. I have no interest in playing against them. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to practice to that level. Does that mean I shouldn't play the game, or "know what it's all about"? That's ridiculous. I'm probably one of the biggest id software and Q3A fans in existence, but I don't play that competitively either, unless you count playing on LANs with my friends as being competitive. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I get more out of playing these games than the people at the competitions. That's right... FUN. Strange...

Is this going to be the first big name console fighting game to go CROSS platform? Curious how this will turn out. All my friends have PS4 & I dont plan on getting one since my PC is very powerful. Would be epic to be able to fight with PS4 friends....cant wait

Having some fun with your friends and a few beers? Competitive players are competitive players. I have no interest in playing against them. I don't have the time, nor the inclination to practice to that level. Does that mean I shouldn't play the game, or "know what it's all about"? That's ridiculous. I'm probably one of the biggest id software and Q3A fans in existence, but I don't play that competitively either, unless you count playing on LANs with my friends as being competitive. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I get more out of playing these games than the people at the competitions. That's right... FUN. Strange...

Like I said, some people here don't know what SF is all about. I didn't single you out. And believe me people are having fun when they're competitive.

Don't know why you got so defensive.

Like I said, some people here don't know what SF is all about. I didn't single you out. And believe me people are having fun when they're competitive.

Don't know why you got so defensive.

Not quite defensive, and I think I partially misinterpreted your post. Plus there was an earlier post in this thread with some "elite" SF professional... :rolleyes:

That's the reason for my response. I know competition can be fun. I also think some people lose sight of why games exist. That was mainly my point. I also like to chime in with how I personally enjoy them, just as conversation.

I think we agree, now that I know how you meant your post to come across.

One of the things that makes SF so great is that it's enjoyable at all levels of play. Most other fighting games have huge divides between noob, casual, intermediate, advanced, and pro-level players.
Street Fighter is a great game for all levels and unless you're matching pros vs. noobs the game is still fun.
While most game rely too much on what you "know," SF is more about execution, observation, and reaction.

Fun? :D

Or a PS4/PC exclusive? I believe it is from what I've read. I'm pretty sure I saw it confirmed somewhere, but can't remember where now.

Neither it is PC and PS4 exclusive and its not timed but forever. The question was is it the first Cross Platform fighting game ever or has there been others? Im curious how well it will work bc if it does work awesome Im in. PC crossplatform should be the future.

I've been hearing things about other PC/PS4 cross-platform. Mostly complaining so far. This is just from people I work with that are more on the console side of things though. :D This isn't the first game I've heard about.

I know that there have been one or two others in the past, (that horrible Shadowrun shooter for the 360/PC comes to mind.)

I'm sure people who are a bit more up on this stuff can chime in though. I seriously doubt this will be the last one. The XBOne and PS4 architectures I imagine make this sort of thing a lot easier. I think the biggest hurdle/complaint/etc. will be the disparity in control methods. Either they will make them game-pad only, PC Mouse+KB users will wipe the floor with console players, or they will have to release a comparable control setup for the consoles. Maybe something like a 10-key pad and a small mouse or something.

With other PC/PS4 exclusives like No Man's Sky, I could see a trend forming, and maybe making it easier to do cross platform more. (I don't think NMS is cross platform, but it is another PS4/PC game.)

I'm sure people who are a bit more up on this stuff can chime in though. I seriously doubt this will be the last one. The XBOne and PS4 architectures I imagine make this sort of thing a lot easier. I think the biggest hurdle/complaint/etc. will be the disparity in control methods. Either they will make them game-pad only, PC Mouse+KB users will wipe the floor with console players, or they will have to release a comparable control setup for the consoles. Maybe something like a 10-key pad and a small mouse or something.

You are allowed to use whatever control you want at EVO, including keyboard and mouse. There is no reason to do this. Arcade sticks for PS3 have always worked on PC anyway.

What does everyone use to game on PC as far as controllers are concerned? Is there a best one to pair up on PC? I'm preferably looking for a wireless one to.

I'm using the 360 pad. While older SF games can be bit too quick to use the analog stick for movement, it's 100% fine in SF4.
Those 360 SF pads would be my second choice, but they're wired.
I've had issues with using the Bluetooth implementation for the PS3 and PS4 pads, but they're passable most of the time. They don't seem to like lots of movement and presses at once (especially spinning piledriver motion moves) but they're fine for charge characters.

You are allowed to use whatever control you want at EVO, including keyboard and mouse. There is no reason to do this. Arcade sticks for PS3 have always worked on PC anyway.

I've built quite a few arcade setups myself actually. I even use Happ/Suzo buttons on some of the synthesizers I design. :) I usually gut game pads, and use them as a base for the controls, and mount them in melamine laminate boards. I'm working on a milled aluminum 2-player setup that will slide into the couch over two players. Should be fun. A little expensive though, so it's slow going right now.

Back to the topic, as long as the player can use the control method they're comfortable using I think that's about as good as the situation can be. I still think the M+KB players have an edge where first person games are concerned. For fighters, it's a non-issue I think.

How is everyone using the 360 pad? I've installed the drivers and all. It's recognized under dolphin emu but it doesn't work in either steam or dolphin..

How is everyone using the 360 pad? I've installed the drivers and all. It's recognized under dolphin emu but it doesn't work in either steam or dolphin..

The 360 gamepad is natively supported in windows and many games, never had an issue with it being recognised.

Back