Street Fight X Tekken

Well time to break the arcade sticks out from the closet! Thx for the heads up.

No worries. I would be interested to know whether this one uses GFWL (hopefully not) and if Capcom is taking the same stingy attitude to $DLC like they have done with the console version.

I have both Street Fighter 4 and Super Street Fighter 4 AE 2012 on Steam, and I won't buy any more of their products. It took forever for them to patch the PC version to be the same as the consoles. If you don't mind being treated like a second class citizen, knock yourself out.

No worries. I would be interested to know whether this one uses GFWL (hopefully not) and if Capcom is taking the same stingy attitude to $DLC like they have done with the console version.
Capcom has confirmed the use of GFWL on their forums.

With all of Capcom's on-disc DLC bullshit with this game they can have it. I couldn't possibly be less interested in buying it.

Yea, fuck the DLC. Having extra customes as DLC is fine, as I don't need to buy any for SF4 to enjoy the game fully, but paying for extra characters? I'm not paying full price for this game like I did with SF4 and arcade edition PC.

Edit: And it's 50 bucks, not 40 like the last 2 on PC...

Whhhhhattttttt I didn't know this was released thanks for the heads up. Man screw that I'm definitely up for another old school fighting game on PC and I haven't touched a Tekken game since PS2. Now all we need is the last Mortal Kombat to be released!

Whhhhhattttttt I didn't know this was released thanks for the heads up. Man screw that I'm definitely up for another old school fighting game on PC and I haven't touched a Tekken game since PS2. Now all we need is the last Mortal Kombat to be released!

It's not a Tekken game. It's a Street Fighter game with Tekken characters. Also you will have to pay an additional $20 for the rest of the characters even though they will most likely be included in the games files because they were 100% complete before the game even launched.

I admit to having my hopes up in them not using GFWL too... Then I saw the confirmation on their forums. I would love to purchase SFIV or SFxTekken otherwise -- I enjoyed very much playing the latter with my girlfriend on console.

With all of Capcom's on-disc DLC bullshit with this game they can have it. I couldn't possibly be less interested in buying it.
Yea, fuck the DLC. Having extra customes as DLC is fine, as I don't need to buy any for SF4 to enjoy the game fully, but paying for extra characters? I'm not paying full price for this game like I did with SF4 and arcade edition PC.

Edit: And it's 50 bucks, not 40 like the last 2 on PC...
For what it's worth, Capcom promised they will not block on-disc DLC with the PC nor the Vita Version.

For what it's worth, Capcom promised they will not block on-disc DLC with the PC nor the Vita Version.

Well the Vita version comes with them all unlocked along with even more characters that might never get released on other systems. As for the PC Version watch Capcom simply decide not to include the files with it so there will be no "on-disc" content then charge for them later or simply never release them at all. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

That is pretty lame but it's still fun without those characters. I remember people making a big deal about MvsC3 having TONs of DLC characters and we've only gotten the two DLC characters at launch.

Well the Vita version comes with them all unlocked along with even more characters that might never get released on other systems. As for the PC Version watch Capcom simply decide not to include the files with it so there will be no "on-disc" content then charge for them later or simply never release them at all. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.
After looking this up to make sure, I was going to edit my post to clarify but I noticed you had already quoted me. You are correct about the PC version which is a bit of low blow considering the Vita will have all of the characters unlocked from the start ; why not on PC?

That is pretty lame but it's still fun without those characters. I remember people making a big deal about MvsC3 having TONs of DLC characters and we've only gotten the two DLC characters at launch.

MvC3 just required you to spend $40 to get all the characters they promised to release as DLC.

MvC3 just required you to spend $40 to get all the characters they promised to release as DLC.

I guess it's no different than Activision offering $60 for new maps to me. I've put 40+ hrs into UMvsC3 and it only cost me $20. Not bad IMO.

It’s an okay game, but it definitely has a fair number of flaws. The ebb and flow of matches seems to go from absolute annihilation with long combos to time-outs with both players having more than ½ their energy. Chain combos are back in a big way and it can be a little annoying to have a single jab turn into a 15-hit, 10-second button pressing sequence. Character balance is also out the window. With so many characters, it’s pretty clear that not everyone was given the same tools or attention.
That said, it IS still kind of fun. Zangief and Hugo (I always play the grapplers) are both really good, so I’m having fun not playing the bottom dwellers.
They’re about to release a bunch of DLC characters for the consoles – I’d hold out for those on the PC, or maybe a version that already includes them.

Fuck that game fuck capcom. Game was so-so all the characters felt extremely samie and 0 unlocks. Everything is DLC now. I can honestly say I will never buy another capcom title. They are so fucking done.

Fuck that game fuck capcom. Game was so-so all the characters felt extremely samie and 0 unlocks. Everything is DLC now. I can honestly say I will never buy another capcom title. They are so fucking done.

I somewhat agree with you but I will be buying more Capcom games in the future. I think they are learning the hard way that this is a bad business move. They've caught a lot of shit for locking DLC on the disc.

But they will have to make up for it.

But I think SFXT can't hold a candle to MvC3.

SF x. Tekken is about as casual as they come. Supers and ultras are just an easy motion and 2 buttons, moves chain together, juggles are easy to do, etc.
Compared with SF4, finesse is at a minimum. Casual players that pick up the game here and there won't get slaughtered nearly as bad as most other SF games.

SF x. Tekken is about as casual as they come. Supers and ultras are just an easy motion and 2 buttons, moves chain together, juggles are easy to do, etc.
Compared with SF4, finesse is at a minimum. Casual players that pick up the game here and there won't get slaughtered nearly as bad as most other SF games.

That's good to know. I used Dhalsim in over 10,000 SF4 online matches and I still did not master him. I would pre-order this game if it wasn't for the DLC...

That's good to know. I used Dhalsim in over 10,000 SF4 online matches and I still did not master him. I would pre-order this game if it wasn't for the DLC...

Dhalsim's a unique character because he's one of the easiest to pick up, but toughest to master. In SF x Tekken, he's been tweaked to not stretch by default...kind of like in the SSF2 Turbo days. You press f+attack to stretch and either b or no direction to use short ranged attacks.
Overall, the learning curve to the SF characters is much lower in SFxTekken. Links are pretty loose with their timing, chains are easy, move buffering is borderline automatic, and the lack of double-motions for super moves makes hit confirming almost too easy.
The Tekken characters are where the depth is a bit heavier. Most seem to lack good fundamentals attacks, but have massive chains, lots of overheads and juggles to make up for it. They definitely present some new playstyles, especially for the fireball characters. Pretty much the whole Tekken cast can blow through projectiles, so the usual zoning tactics are gone.

If this PC version comes with all the DLC that is currently on disc for the X360 version (ie. Even characters that are only supposed to be on the Vita are already presence on disc!) and unlocked for the price of entry, I'll buy. Otherwise, hell with it.

The 12 "Vita first" characters are at least going to come out elsewhere I assume (Sakura etc...), but I'm most worried about MegaMan, PacMan, the 2 Japanese cats Toro and Kuro etc...

Just curious though - for SSFIV AE on Steam it appears that all the extra costume DLC is actually cheaper than on Consoles? There's only 1 "integrated" pack as opposed to "Super" and "Ultra" on consoles, and that what stupidly comes to $42 worth of DLC is available for only $15 (still too high in my opinion for costumes, but at least its something). Can you buy all the SSFIV AE DLC available for only $15 on X360? Or am I missing something? Also, someone said that they're treating the PC version like 2nd class citizens - how so? Is SSFIV AE on PC have lesser content or not up to date at the moment?

Personally I want to support any formerly "console only" games, especially from Japanese studios, released on PC so that soon there won't be any "console only" games remaining, meaning we have to be locked into buying crippled-DRMed-you-don't-own-it-we-do-boxes just to play certain games. However, I'm not going to buy if the games are in DRM or DLC hell.

I'll probably wait a little while to see if SFXTekken comes with all the characters before making my decision...is there any where we can lobby Capcom that they may listen?

Last edited:
I'd pass on this one honestly. DLC aside, it's not that good. It's beyond broken (see multiple infinites with various characters), and they haven't shown much intention of fixing it. It was more of a cash in than anything. The game also lacks a lot of depth in various areas.

Lastly the PC is the wrong platform to buy it on even if you did want it. All the top players are on consoles and consoles are the format for tournaments. Buying a fighter for the PC is about as daft as buying BF3 for a console.

Is SSFIV AE on PC have lesser content or not up to date at the moment?

Yes, but that's because you are second class to them. Issue 1. Japanese gamers hate the PC, it's only used for dating and rape sims. So their core audience is not going to buy the PC version of their games. Issue 2, nobody good plays fighters on the PC, like ever. It's the land of the scrubs and rejects. Part of this is a cultural thing (fans of Asian games hate PC gaming with a passion), and part of it stems from the fact that tournaments for fighters are never held on the PC. So fighting game fans outside of the Japan don't even bother with the PC versions of this stuff. The only exception is out of date stuff over MAME, but retail, hell no. Issue 3. Piracy. Issue 4. You sell less on the PC.

This is why capcom tends to half ass PC ports of fighters but does a fairly good job in other areas.

There is also a cultural issue thing. The majority of fighting game players are late 20's to early 30's and in urban hip areas. These areas are not PC gaming friendly, where the die hards tend to be a bit more rural bumpkins. The events I go to weekly are at bars and now and then a strip club. It's strictly adults only and it's very racially diverse. Consoles are easier to drag over, I've got several PS3s and setups I can bring over for bar night fight clubs. People are kinda hip at these events as well. PC gaming, well, you can't really bring PCs even if you wanted to, and it carries the stigma of fat nerdy white guys, which is not something you want to associate with at some of those venues. So for helping sell an image, anything with PC's is strict no-no.

Last edited:
I'd pass on this one honestly. DLC aside, it's not that good. It's beyond broken (see multiple infinites with various characters), and they haven't shown much intention of fixing it. It was more of a cash in than anything. The game also lacks a lot of depth in various areas.

Lastly the PC is the wrong platform to buy it on even if you did want it. All the top players are on consoles and consoles are the format for tournaments. Buying a fighter for the PC is about as daft as buying BF3 for a console.

Why do you assume everyone wants to fight the top players or play in tournaments. Some people buy fighting games because they find them fun, not to be a top player.

Why do you assume everyone wants to fight the top players or play in tournaments. Some people buy fighting games because they find them fun, not to be a top player.

It increases the longevity of the game and causes the company to focus more on it. It's no secret that fighting games are a ghost town on the PC and fighting game fans tend to bolt from PC gaming. Hell the ios and android get better treatment than the PC does for them.

Fighting games on the PC are like BF3 on the console, it's just not where you should be playing it.

Besides, the game isn't very good at all, it's brainless, bug ridden, and a general pile of shit. I had kazyua infinites in the first two weeks down pat.

SFIV the series isn't even all that solid either, it's better though. Some of the best fighters out now are Skull Girls and KOF, you should hope those get ports, and skull girls just might! MikeZ hinted if it wouldn't be a total wash he'd do it.

It increases the longevity of the game and causes the company to focus more on it. It's no secret that fighting games are a ghost town on the PC and fighting game fans tend to bolt from PC gaming. Hell the ios and android get better treatment than the PC does for them.

Fighting games on the PC are like BF3 on the console, it's just not where you should be playing it.

Besides, the game isn't very good at all, it's brainless, bug ridden, and a general pile of shit. I had kazyua infinites in the first two weeks down pat.

SFIV the series isn't even all that solid either, it's better though. Some of the best fighters out now are Skull Girls and KOF, you should hope those get ports, and skull girls just might! MikeZ hinted if it wouldn't be a total wash he'd do it.

Skullgirls honestly doesn't interest me. I love the style of the graphics and the menus, can't say I'm overly fond of the extreme emphasis on fan service though.

Skullgirls honestly doesn't interest me. I love the style of the graphics and the menus, can't say I'm overly fond of the extreme emphasis on fan service though.

Give it a try and play it, that and the new KOF are by far the least noobed up fighters of this generation.

Give it a try and play it, that and the new KOF are by far the least noobed up fighters of this generation.

I'll download the demo at some point. Though apparently it has issues loading off of a USB drive so even if I do like it no point in me getting it right now.

The competitiveness of the title surely can't be helped by that stupid gem system. The stupidity is compounded by the gems that are DLC-exclusive.

Besides that, SFxT is the most anti-consumer title released this year so far.

I am quite comfortable playing fighting games on PC notwithstanding that I own plenty of them on PS3 anyway. No problems using a keyboard except for complex circular moves which simply don't work very well, but also always have the option of plugging in my TE stick if I can be bothered.

SD11, I play SSF4 on PC. It's far superior if you like the following.
1. An unlimited amount of free costumes.
2. Higher resolution
3. The ability to capture replays without need of a 3rd party capture device.
4. No additional input lag in the case of PS3, I personally suspect 360 as well but YMMV.
5. Do not want to pay for Live Gold to play with friends (XBOX).
6. No fiasco of signing in/out when changing sticks (XBOX).
7. Faster load times in general.
8. Not having listen to a noisy ass, piece of shit, disc loading, fisher price quality console spin up the disc.

I've got a group of about 10 regular buddies I play with about 4 times a week. Also never have trouble finding an endless or ranked match. There are less people online that consoles, but I'll tell you this. I put in over 2000 hours across all SF4 versions since release on console. I switched to PC for the reasons listed above and it's been a far better experience all around.

Why does Capcom insist on using GFWL for all their PC games? I wish they would drop it already, GFWL is nothing but trouble.

Nice this game is coming on PC, but I also want MvC3 as well. If you port this game to PC, why not MvC3?

Why does Capcom insist on using GFWL for all their PC games? I wish they would drop it already, GFWL is nothing but trouble.

Nice this game is coming on PC, but I also want MvC3 as well. If you port this game to PC, why not MvC3?

Probably cause they are lazy cheap bastards who want to do utmost minimum in order to get a working port. Already developing the game for 360 means they can simply recycle all the Live online systems by using GAFWL rather than having to develop online MP matchmaking from scratch for the PC version. It's likely the same reason why Namco is using it for the Dark Souls PC port as well.

Probably cause they are lazy cheap bastards who want to do utmost minimum in order to get a working port. Already developing the game for 360 means they can simply recycle all the Live online systems by using GAFWL rather than having to develop online MP matchmaking from scratch for the PC version. It's likely the same reason why Namco is using it for the Dark Souls PC port as well.

I'm not sure if its the same now, but before Capcom would spend six months on the PC version of their games. Six months is not a huge amount of time. Developing and testing a brand new netcode from scratch wouldn't be quick, easy, cheap. The PC market for Capcom is a niche market. It's not like we're buying a million copies of their games we buy enough to justify the ports, but I doubting its a hell of a lot beyond that.

As for Dark Souls. Yes NamcoBandi has already said they picked GFWL people they already have a working system in place from the 360. Considering the short time From Software has to develop the port it makes perfect sense.

SD11, I play SSF4 on PC. It's far superior if you like the following.
1. An unlimited amount of free costumes.
2. Higher resolution
3. The ability to capture replays without need of a 3rd party capture device.
4. No additional input lag in the case of PS3, I personally suspect 360 as well but YMMV.
5. Do not want to pay for Live Gold to play with friends (XBOX).
6. No fiasco of signing in/out when changing sticks (XBOX).
7. Faster load times in general.
8. Not having listen to a noisy ass, piece of shit, disc loading, fisher price quality console spin up the disc.

I've got a group of about 10 regular buddies I play with about 4 times a week. Also never have trouble finding an endless or ranked match. There are less people online that consoles, but I'll tell you this. I put in over 2000 hours across all SF4 versions since release on console. I switched to PC for the reasons listed above and it's been a far better experience all around.

I think sd11 is referring to the average skill level on consoles being higher than that on PC due to the larger talent pool. Everything else he says is...well, yeeeeah...

Back