Street Figher IV - on a Netbook?

gibber

Gawd
Anybody tried this yet? Does it scale down well enough to run smoothly on a netbook?

Underclocked GMA 950 is weak... but it's always worth a try. I mean, people can get Crysis running... not playable, but running.

Yeah, but OP specified "running smoothly". That's not happening.

Though, I've been wrong once or 1000 times before. I'm interested in the results of the benchmark.

I haven't really played it, but sometimes the GMA 950 can pull out surprises... but it's usually more a really well optimized game that does the magic.

It won't run on my 8400M GS. You need something one step above that in the GPU department for minimum settings.

Too bad :( I just found out my netbook doesn't seem to be able to playback 1080p video files either :(

Maybe next year there will be a cheap netbook with decent (read: plays most games at "low" settings at 1024 x 600 without dropping below 20 FPS) 3d graphics?

With most netbooks using the Intel GMA 950? No way, absolutely not.

With some using Nvidia ION (Nvidia Geforce 9400M), yes.

With "netbooks" like the Acer 1410/1810 and Gateway EC1400/1800 with Intel X4500, I hear SF4 runs on the lowest settings.

My non-netbook Lenovo X300 has some relatively recent Intel Integrated Graphics. Can't even play HL2 at low res. I get about 2 FPS in L4D2 at bare minimum settings, 640x480. The most intensive game I can play on it is Plants vs. Zombies, and even that slows down when there's a lot of action onscreen. I doubt a netbook would do much better.

Back