Stream Xbox One Games To Any Windows 10 Device

Stop. Backup. You haven't even bothered to try and justify WHY you are streaming from your XBox to your computer.
Because Dad wants to watch the NFL playoffs and junior wants to play CoD on his shitty laptop Dad bought for him at Wal Mart for $250 on Black Friday.

People are assuming that households are going to invest money for Xbox streaming devices. They don't need to as they already have them - they're called the kids' shitty laptops. Again, this is not a feature targeted towards PC gamers with high-end custom desktops. This is for normal people who game on consoles and have families.

What would be really cool is if you can play xb1 games on Win 10 :D

Streaming, not so much.

Stop. Backup. You haven't even bothered to try and justify WHY you are streaming from your XBox to your computer.

I suddenly feel the urge to play Halo but I don't want to turn off whatever movie/game my wife watching/playing so I head downstairs, turn on my PC and play some Halo. Makes sense does it not?

So Mom, Dad, kids, etc. are watching TV and you want to play XBox, so you stream to a different room.

Why not put the XBox in the other room to begin with?

It's an app for PC that lets you check your Xbox achievements and stats of Xbox friends on the PC. It's Microsoft's "renewed focus" on PC gaming.

And let me guess, it is a shitty Modern app. Just what we all needed on our "PCs".

So Mom, Dad, kids, etc. are watching TV and you want to play XBox, so you stream to a different room.

Why not put the XBox in the other room to begin with?

Because unplugging and re-setting up the console in another room is mostly a pain in the ass, or because you don't have a second tv worth playing on in another room, or because you don't have another room...

based on some the user posts here, I guess we all live alone in fucking mansions with a dedicated PC game playing room, tv watching room and emergency secondary tv in its own room, just in case, you know, emergency.

My TV and PC are in the same room and I have an HDMI cable splitter off the Xbox so when the wife wants to watch TV, I can still play on my PC's monitor. This would have saved me the cost of an HDMI splitter and cabling, not to mention the wrath of the wife because I forgot to switch the monitors input back to the PC when she goes to use it. Or if the wife wants to head to bed and I still want to play a game, I can stream to my shitty laptop, but at least take that to the bedroom. HDMI networking for the house is fucking expensive to implement.

Well, all things being equal why not just stream games to any Win10 device from a virtual XBOX farm?
If MS can get away from hardware, and put XBOX live on any device, then they can sell a XBOX live subscription, but the device you play on could be FREE? Like phones, tablets, laptops or even a desktop. Sure there are limits, but it is feasible. I believe MS is trying to get away from hardware, ie consoles, and just have people pay for xbox live to stream games to any device. Hell the games might even be free with a 2 year subscription. Sony (Play station division) would be DOA if MS can make Xbox non hardware dependent media. “Game over!”

Well, all things being equal why not just stream games to any Win10 device from a virtual XBOX farm?
If MS can get away from hardware, and put XBOX live on any device, then they can sell a XBOX live subscription, but the device you play on could be FREE? Like phones, tablets, laptops or even a desktop. Sure there are limits, but it is feasible. I believe MS is trying to get away from hardware, ie consoles, and just have people pay for xbox live to stream games to any device. Hell the games might even be free with a 2 year subscription. Sony (Play station division) would be DOA if MS can make Xbox non hardware dependent media. “Game over!”

the only problem with that is that microsoft has shifted and wants to be a hardware company now. i think they should be. yes, like any other company, they have their problems, but i think they make really good hardware.

reports are saying they are possibly working on what youre talking about for xox 360 games to be streamed via azure to xbx live. but nothing officially reported. its possible that leak was just referencing what they announced yesterday. i guess we'll see.

i dont think they're trying to get away from hardware at all though. hell, they launched 2 devices in 2 new segments yesterday. something they've never done before. in the past its just been 1 device. so when you look at the facts, its going in the opposite direction you think it is.

the plan with xbox one vs ps4 right now from what i understand is kill sony with better dev tools. i believe they will. as well as better developer relations (something i hear sony has historically been VERY bad at) they spent i believe it was something like 4 years and 20+ million dollars in just development on. apparently that esram is a bigger deal than they are letting on to be. but one thing we know for sure, they had a clear idea of what dx12 was going to entail and that box was designed specifically for it.

regardless, i could talk about this stuff for hours. but at the end of the day, i think the news is great for console gamers.

for pc gamers, game dvr integration for regular windows games is fantastic! i use that feature all the time. achievements are great as well.

but no matter what way you look at it, these announcements i personally believe (and is solely my opinion) were more about hurting the Macintosh than they were anything else.

which im fine with. regardless of how you look at the news, i dont think anyone can argue for even a second that microsoft has more of a commitment to gaming on windows than apple does with gaming on the mac.

if you think it should be more, or should be better, then you can become a windows insider and provide that feedback directly to the windows dev team in a way that matters.

regrdless, i think its cool.

the only problem with that is that microsoft has shifted and wants to be a hardware company now. i think they should be. yes, like any other company, they have their problems, but i think they make really good hardware.

reports are saying they are possibly working on what youre talking about for xox 360 games to be streamed via azure to xbx live. but nothing officially reported. its possible that leak was just referencing what they announced yesterday. i guess we'll see.

i dont think they're trying to get away from hardware at all though. hell, they launched 2 devices in 2 new segments yesterday. something they've never done before. in the past its just been 1 device. so when you look at the facts, its going in the opposite direction you think it is.

the plan with xbox one vs ps4 right now from what i understand is kill sony with better dev tools. i believe they will. as well as better developer relations (something i hear sony has historically been VERY bad at) they spent i believe it was something like 4 years and 20+ million dollars in just development on. apparently that esram is a bigger deal than they are letting on to be. but one thing we know for sure, they had a clear idea of what dx12 was going to entail and that box was designed specifically for it.

regardless, i could talk about this stuff for hours. but at the end of the day, i think the news is great for console gamers.

for pc gamers, game dvr integration for regular windows games is fantastic! i use that feature all the time. achievements are great as well.

but no matter what way you look at it, these announcements i personally believe (and is solely my opinion) were more about hurting the Macintosh than they were anything else.

which im fine with. regardless of how you look at the news, i dont think anyone can argue for even a second that microsoft has more of a commitment to gaming on windows than apple does with gaming on the mac.

if you think it should be more, or should be better, then you can become a windows insider and provide that feedback directly to the windows dev team in a way that matters.

regrdless, i think its cool.

I agree, but i did not mean MS as a company, i meant the XBOX platform as a whole. By making it available on multiple devices, they are not confined to hardware constraints or a cycle. The virtual XBOX server farms would be updated periodically without any real cost or hardware change to the end user. Sony has a hardware philosophy when it comes to consoles, they always try to offer more power,speed ect, to lure the end user, but that is also their crutch, they cannot compete with a gaming service that can be played on multiple devices that is not confined to a static hardware cycle.

ive read they are already planning on using azure to give computing power to games (cloud driven ai, distrubuted real time rendering... that sort of thing).

but they want to rule the living room. you need a box to rule the living room.

i think the concept of a gaming console still stands though, a purpose built streamlined os on a box that doesnt have the overhead,or kernel thats required for general computing.

ive read they are already planning on using azure to give computing power to games (cloud driven ai, distrubuted real time rendering... that sort of thing).

Right, just like Xbox One games were promised to be all-powerful with AI that is all-knowing thanks to the Magical Power of The Cloud(tm). More snake oil that never materializes.

Back