Strangest thing happened with windows vista today

tybert7

2[H]4U
for some reason, after installing some program perhaps, my system would freeze up, even task manager would lock up, I could relog and it would be ok for about 10s then it would lock up again.

So I did a system restore and went back about 5 days... and... it worked, it ACTUALLY fixed the issue !?!

Is this is the first time EVER it has worked? This is the first time I have EVER seen it fix an issue, E V E R !!!!!!!!!

The backup and recovery feature in Vista is actually pretty darn good

If that had happened to me, it would be the first time System Restore has ever worked, on any OS, on any computer for me. It wouldn't be possible though, because I disable System Restore on all of my computers and those I'm responsible for.

If that had happened to me, it would be the first time System Restore has ever worked, on any OS, on any computer for me. It wouldn't be possible though, because I disable System Restore on all of my computers and those I'm responsible for.

+1

I actually feel quite foolish about it now though. I wouldn't even know how to go about restoring my system with the built in utilities.

System restore never worked for me in XP, most of the time it actually made matters worse.

But on vista it does work, but I never use it to solve virus problems.

I've had some success on Vista using system restore to get rid of a bad software install, enough to leave it enabled.

It was useless on XP and ME for anything more then wasting HDD space though.

I've had System Restore work once or twice in XP, never have had to use it yet with Vista. It doesn't do a real thorough job of creating restoration points, some programs do so much mucking in various directories that it doesn't have good previous copies of files to restore.

If Vista has the same system restore features as Windows 7, then yes, I can tell it's awesome, and works! As for XP... Well, System Restore just wastes HDD space.

System Restore works well, as long as you know when to use it. It's not magic, but it will help you recover after you've installed some app that has screwed your system up.

Back