Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin

I made it one hour into the game and gave up due to boredom. It just seemed to tedious. I may give it another go in the future when all DLC is released.

Publisher Square Enix and developer Team Ninja announced earlier today that the Trials of the Dragon King DLC for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin will be released on July 20th...Trials of the Dragon King is the first of three planned DLCs coming to the game...

It finally drops tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

https://twitter.com/fforigin/status/1636336761621340162
1678974519871.png

Finally here, though its a bit annoying that between not having ANY Steam page or preload before release (to say nothing of no marketing/time for wishlisting) and maintaining the same damn $40-60 price points. I had hoped it would arrive with a modest 25%+ discount (plus whatever discount that could be offered from keysale sites to maximize the value atop it) to make up for frustrating EGS exclusivity for a year at least! I can only hope that Square Enix doesn't feel that an underwhelming launch day/week sales presentation on Steam will confirm that "nobody wanted it anyway" or some nonsense, when they failed to properly showcase , advertise, and give time to build hype for its arrival while also not offering an alluring discount.

Overall the game itself I hear good things about and even at its standard price could be worth it, but especially after the EGS exclusivity its the principle of the thing. Note that GMG and Humble Store are both offering discounts from the retail price for those interested up to about 20% so far, so at least that's something

Back