Strange things with my Gigabyte Gaming K7...

Turbo Mach 5

Limp Gawd
Alright so after a month of my Ryzen build...I'm starting to have issues. Going to go from recent to in the beginning:

Just earlier today, just idling in Windows...the screen went blank and my keyboard and mouse went dark. Wonderful. Reboot and it's OK. Though the system does seem sluggish. Going back, I've had the sound "slow down" when playing some music or other sound events and of course system crashing. I've had the Corsair Link not report the H110i (which is cooling this processor like a champ) which makes me think the USB 2.0 ports are failing. I've had BSOD's but now I can't remember which ones and I've also reinstalled Win10 so I Can't check the logs. Even updated the bios to F7a. What in the world do I need to do? Am I missing something?

System:
Ryzen 7 1700X
G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 16GB (2x8GB)
Corsair Hydro H110i (it's firmware is 2.0 according to LINK)
Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming K7 with Bios F7a
EVGA SuperNova 750 B2
MSI Radeon RX480 Gaming X 8GB
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Seagate 2TB HDD and 500GB HDD
OCZ Vertex Turbo 60GB SSD (yes yes I still have her after all this time)
Crimsom ReLive 17.30 and 17.9.3

This last install of Windows 10, I didn't load any Gigabyte software (as I'm sure their RGB Fusion was probably screwing with me too).

If you get another crash check your voltages in the bios see if there all still okay.

Yah that did cross my mind (thinking about the psu as well). I also just disabled Cool'N'Quiet. Why I had that on I do not know...

I uninstalled the Gigabyte App Center and it stopped all my crashing problems . The RGB program was using 30% of my CPU. Also if you flash an updated bios it is mandatory that you reset the bios also. I had an issue where I set 1.375v on my CPU, but it was actually 1.5v+. Fans on the PC would rev up and down continuously. Reset the bios and all the fans run at minimum speeds; all I can hear is the pump on my loop and an occasional bubble pass through the blades on the pump.

Yah I took it off (and RGB Fusion of course). Haven't really had any problems since. Though I did try a later version of RGB Fusion and I think I experienced the corrupted bios issue. Had to switch to the backup bios, then switch back and reflash. Think I've deemed it stable enough...may try a little overclocking soon.

Back