Strange Steam sale?

Steam has to be the biggest troll out there. if they ever make a new hl 3 should be a movie and release 4 as a game a month later, theirs no way it could live up to the hype now

theirs no way it could live up to the hype now

I don't understand why people say this. Everybody just seems to like to repeat everyone else when it comes to Half Life 3. I am not holding my breathe, but every Half Life game has been great thus-far and Valve has always made quality games. I have a feeling the people such as yourself when it's officially announced will shit your pants and eject out of your seat with as much force. Half Life 3 if it ever happens is going to be great and we all know it. It's not like we're talking about Duke Nukem Forever here. Valve has never said they'd make another game and to expect it is a sense of entitlement I don't want to entertain.

Valve is a master troll.

I will say that this is the first year I have not purchased anything during the Christmas sale, which I blame on the new mediocre process. Before I would excitedly check the storefront for daily deals and flash sales and make many driveby purchasing decisions. This year it feels there is no reason to check for anything but for that which is already on my wishlist, which I did on the first day, and found there was nothing worth spending money on at the discounts available. And no, Steam, cards are not an incentive to use the horrible discovery queue...

Valve is a master troll.

I will say that this is the first year I have not purchased anything during the Christmas sale, which I blame on the new mediocre process. Before I would excitedly check the storefront for daily deals and flash sales and make many driveby purchasing decisions. This year it feels there is no reason to check for anything but for that which is already on my wishlist, which I did on the first day, and found there was nothing worth spending money on at the discounts available. And no, Steam, cards are not an incentive to use the horrible discovery queue...

Same here. Checked the wishlist on day 1, bought two games from it, that were under 5, but didn't get anything since. I was tempted to get FarCry4 for 15 a few days ago, until I read that it was 10 on uplay a day before that. Previously I always checked back more than once daily, and there was always some cool game for under 5, that I couldn't pass up.

The final outcome is "Run as fast as you can, but he'll always find you because he's the gingerbread" man".

This steam sale sucked, haven't bought anything - the deals really aren't that great this year.

I wonder who started this egg hunt. Did somebody randomly decide to analyze the java script on the steam page looking for HL3 clues? Did a Valve employee tell some friends there was a hidden "search" Easter egg?

I don't understand why people say this. ... I am not holding my breathe, but every Half Life game has been great thus-far and Valve has always made quality games. ... Half Life 3 if it ever happens is going to be great and we all know it.

I don't think HL2 was great. I don't think HL2 lived up to the hype. I don't think HL3 will live up to the hype either.

I wonder who started this egg hunt. Did somebody randomly decide to analyze the java script on the steam page looking for HL3 clues? Did a Valve employee tell some friends there was a hidden "search" Easter egg?

I don't think HL2 was great. I don't think HL2 lived up to the hype. I don't think HL3 will live up to the hype either.

HL2 was pretty great. And it had features never seen in other games before. I don't know how it aged, I haven't seen it in at least 8 years. But it was everything I imagined it would be when it was released.

Back