Strange Siren Noise

losboricua

n00b
a Siren play in my bosses computer randomly. I thought it might be his weather bug but nothing. This problem use to happen in his old Toshiba and after 5 days in his new Dell the siren is back and it is totally randomly. Anyone know any software that may cause this?

It could be something on the motherboard alerting you to some hardware failure, like a fan that's died, etc. Wouldn't hurt to open the case sometime and check to make sure all the fans are working, and then boot into the BIOS and check all the hardware monitors if that mobo supports that ability (getting to the monitor in the BIOS I mean). If not, load up something like SpeedFan in the OS (I'm assuming you're running some version of Windows here) and check the hardware functionality.

In my experience, those "sirens" are alerts from hardware monitors and indicate a hardware failure or imminent failure to look out for.

Hope this helps...

well He had a Toshiba M400 Table and now about 2 weeks ago we Upgraded him to a Dell D420 Laptop. Everything in the bios seem fine. i looks more like a software thing because we wiped his old Toshiba and re deployed it out to someone else in the company and she doesn't have the problem at all

Back