strange problem keyboard turning off?

josh_fick

n00b
this is a very strange error I've recently encountered.

I'm using win xp pro sp2

have a logitech g15 on a neo 3 motherboard

Just randomly all of a sudden (started today) my system stops detecting the keyboard and then readds it to the system.

I've got a 550 watt powersupply so I doubt its a power issue (its a nice enermax)

so I figured maybe it was a weird glitch with the os.

the only thing I changed today was adding wolfenstein enemy territory

anyways, it's really odd and I wondered if anyone had any idea where I'd look to see where a problem might lie.

I checked the system to see if there were any alerts as to a service dying or some such and I haven't found anything to indicate a problem.

anything you could think of would be appreciated, otherwise I'm going to have to do a full reinstall which will be a significant pain in the butt.

hope some of the geniuses here could give me a hand and let me know what I'm missing.

Reinstall USB (possibly chipset) drivers if it is USB keyboard. Try using a P/S2 board for a while and see if the problem stops.

well I installed the latest nforce 4 driver from MSI, the issue did not occur within about 20 minutes of testing.

another thing I did was install the latest version of directx and gave that a go as well.

I'll update if this is resolved after a day or 2.
thanks again

Well, it looks like the driver updates corrected the issue.

I played both eq2, and counter strike for over 12 hours this weekend and not one issue cropped up.

thanks everyone for the suggestions

Back