Hello All :)
I have a X58 with Core i7 (see sig)
Current i have 6GB of OCZ Gold PC312800 at 8-8-8 @ 1.65v

I just won a Corsair XMS3 6GB ki, at 9-9-9-24 @1.5v
When both of these in my mobo will not mess well together
in OCZ in 2,4,6 and Corsair in 1,3,5 It boots but takes forever
And reversing it wont boot at all

Ideas?

The board probably just doesn't like the two brands together, but I'll let the experts talk in case there is something you can do. All I can suggest is to get the latest bios for your board, could always work.

One runs on 1.65v and one runs on 1.5v. one will not work on 1.5v or maybe will work but will run real slooooooow. The other won't run on 1.65v if its rated at 1.5v

The other won't run on 1.65v if its rated at 1.5v
yes it will (or should), its just going to be hotter then normal.

are all the settings on auto in BIOS still? you should probably set everything manually if you want any chance of them working together; this is the reason they sell matched stick kits.

1.65v is going to be overvolting the corsair. 1.5v is going to be undervolting the OCZ. my suggestion would be to sell one and buy a second kit of the other type.

are all the settings on auto in BIOS still? you should probably set everything manually if you want any chance of them working together; this is the reason they sell matched stick kits.

1.65v is going to be overvolting the corsair. 1.5v is going to be undervolting the OCZ. my suggestion would be to sell one and buy a second kit of the other type.

All settings are auto right now,
I am going to flash my bios first to see what that does

I know, but my question was more will the board allows to run two kits with two different voltage (which I highly doubt, thus the reason why you are having problems).

I know, but my question was more will the board allows to run two kits with two different voltage (which I highly doubt, thus the reason why you are having problems).

I switched from Auto to 1.65V and it boots much faster
When i tired flashing bios it said the file was not for my board...
http://www.evga.com/Support/Drivers/default.asp?switch=2
I downloaded that...
I have a EVGA E758 TR3... Which is the SLI3....
Not sure why it wont flash
But when the voltage static set it runs and boots like it should

Says no driver found in your link. As for the 1.65v, it will work, but as ghost6303 said, it will overvolt your corsair kit (which can result in damaging your ram). Honestly, I would ask myself "Do I really need more than 6gb?", if the answer is no, sell a kit and your problem is solved :)

Says no driver found in your link. As for the 1.65v, it will work, but as ghost6303 said, it will overvolt your corsair kit (which can result in damaging your ram). Honestly, I would ask myself "Do I really need more than 6gb?", if the answer is no, sell a kit and your problem is solved :)

I am thinking about that

voltage and speed settings are applied uniformly across all memory slots. you can not set individual slots to different settings. for this reason, when you have two sticks with different specifications, you have to find a 'middle ground' where both will work. this can be tricky, and sometimes its not possible.

if both sets were atleast the same voltage, it would be fairly simple to find timings that worked on each, but being different voltages (and without the option to select a middle voltage, like 1.6v) you probably wont be able to run both types at the same time.

I saw somewhere that the OCZ ain't on the support list for the I7 CPU. One user got a lovely love letter from Intel about it.

now the 1.5v are for the 1156 socket I7/8xx and the I5 5xxx which they're memory controllers supports. The 9xx supports up to 1.65v.

There's a person on tomshardware who got a pair of 1.65v OCZ sticks but got I7 8xx cpu. Your sitting with a pair of I7 8xx series sticks. Might look em up and see if you can do a swop. Otherwise Ebay is your friend

where did you read that? if you notice- hes been using OCZ RAM. ive used OCZ RAM with an i7 before. and OCZ apparently didnt get that memo either. DDR is a standard; with the exception of a few specific motherboards, all DDR3 will work in any motherboard/CPU that supports DDR3.

I am willing to bet that if you backed your OCZ timings down to CAS9 spec the same as the new set you could run those at 1.5 volts. If not you are def going to need to swap one of them out.

I am willing to bet that if you backed your OCZ timings down to CAS9 spec the same as the new set you could run those at 1.5 volts. If not you are def going to need to swap one of them out.

i got them up for sale over in the F/S

Back