etegv

Limp Gawd
System:
Amd Ryzen 3600
Ddr - 2400 16gb
5700xt
Auros b550
Windows 10

Keyboard/mouse/monitor does not work. Light on the side of the gpu on but the fan will not spin. All the fans work in the pc but go to full speed after I turn the pc on (fans would slow down and then go to full speed when everything was working).

A few weeks ago I woke up one morning and noticed that the monitor had a blank screen with the pc on. Shut it off and turned it on and started getting these issues.

Tried both pci express slots, reseated the ram, cleared cmos, tried all the different ports on the mobo, changed the hard drive, unplugged the 24 pin and 8pin cpu power cords and plugged it back in, changed the gpu psu cables...

Anyone know the issue could be?

Thanks

try a different psu.
then maybe pull the cpu, power it up for a few second and turn it off. put the cpu back in while putting extra pressure in the center and lock it in place. clean it, paste it, heat sink it and try again with only one stick of ram too.

I second a new PS try. If not try to unplug everything then put back after a good dust blow out with only CPU/1 Stick RAM/CPU/PS/GPU
No HD's (any type) and move the one stick of RAM around after each failure.
Unplug all USB and unnecessary externals of any type.
Swap as many parts with a spare machine or friend as possible. Eg. GPU or a stick of RAM.

try a different psu.
then maybe pull the cpu, power it up for a few second and turn it off. put the cpu back in while putting extra pressure in the center and lock it in place. clean it, paste it, heat sink it and try again with only one stick of ram too.

I second a new PS try. If not try to unplug everything then put back after a good dust blow out with only CPU/1 Stick RAM/CPU/PS/GPU
No HD's (any type) and move the one stick of RAM around after each failure.
Unplug all USB and unnecessary externals of any type.
Swap as many parts with a spare machine or friend as possible. Eg. GPU or a stick of RAM.

Same issue after swapping ram.

I guess buying psu/taking parts out are the next steps. I'll see how everything goes and will report back. Thanks.

System:
Amd Ryzen 3600
Ddr - 2400 16gb
5700xt
Auros b550
Windows 10

Keyboard/mouse/monitor does not work. Light on the side of the gpu on but the fan will not spin. All the fans work in the pc but go to full speed after I turn the pc on (fans would slow down and then go to full speed when everything was working).

A few weeks ago I woke up one morning and noticed that the monitor had a blank screen with the pc on. Shut it off and turned it on and started getting these issues.

Tried both pci express slots, reseated the ram, cleared cmos, tried all the different ports on the mobo, changed the hard drive, unplugged the 24 pin and 8pin cpu power cords and plugged it back in, changed the gpu psu cables...

Anyone know the issue could be?

Thanks
I'm with both pendragon1 & Furious_Styles on their assessment that you should be seeing what kinds of error messages you can hear or see on the mainboard.

Might try Clearing your BIOS, if you haven't already (if you're not getting any sort of diagnostic codes). It's quite possible the MB is hosed. I had a similar event with my X470 Aorus board when a VRM coked off.

Does that particular board have any diagnostic code displays?

I don't think so. I couldn't find anything

And the same
try a different psu.

I just tried this with only the keyboard plugged in and now the lights underneath the keys are blinking.
I hope it's some kind of sign, lol

Thanks

Replaced psu, mobo, cpu and still getting the same issue

After hitting the power button the keyboard keys blink with the old mobo and no cpu and there are no lights with the cpu in the old/new mobo

Is there a reason why?
Thanks

Do you have a microcenter near you? Might be worth it to get a diagnostic. Or find a local PC shop. Ask how much to diagnose a pile o' parts. Once you have a list of what works, then find out if it works together.

Do you have a microcenter near you? Might be worth it to get a diagnostic. Or find a local PC shop. Ask how much to diagnose a pile o' parts. Once you have a list of what works, then find out if it works together.

I do have a mc but not sure what they can do. Basically replaced the whole thing and tried everything, lol. I'll take it to mc if I run out of options

Really would like to know why the lights aren't working on the keyboard. What could cause that?

Last edited:
If you have a part that's murdering other parts, then it's murdering their parts and hopefully they can still tell you which part it was.

It sounds like the 5700 XT still has gone without replacement. The 3600 doesn't have integrated video, looks like.

For less than the $40 MC diagnostic, video cards are available on ebay/offerup/craigslist to swap in.

R5 240 low-profile just for diagnostics $10 shipped. could just unscrew the bracket.
R7 250 full-height for like $20 - twice as fast.
R9 350 $30 shipped, which again is about twice as fast as the previous. you could almost play some games with this, so if you wanted to just play older stuff until the 7000 series, it might hold you over.

Keep an eye on display outs, I think most of these I've seen are just display port and DVI. If you need HDMI you'd want to look at something else.

Yeah sorry you had to replace everything to troubleshoot. A cheap set of spares is really needed to properly diagnose (or send it to someone). Agree with duron that likely the only thing left is the 5700xt.

Yea, didn't replace the gpu. The thing is I tried dual link ports from both ports and it did not work.

Can a bad ssd prevent the monitor and ssd from working properly? (I did swap the ssds)

Back