Strange DVI connector. Please help.

veldi

Limp Gawd
333ev0o.jpg

First time in my life i see such thing. How do I connect it to normal monitor with regular DVI.

The card comes from Dell Vostro 200.

O_O

It's a proprietary Dell connection. They've done this for years with a number of their video cards. You'll need a (you got it - proprietary) splitter that will likely give you two VGA outs or a DVI+VGA.

Dell FTL.

Yeah, it's a splitter connection that Dell uses mostly with their Precision desktops. I see it around the office all the time; they either split into 2 x DVI, 2 x VGA or 1 x DVI and 1 x VGA.

Ewww ... FTL.

Any way of buying this anywhere? Plus, the worse thing might be that I live in EU :S

Part number "0H9361" might be useful for your internet searches for a splitter cable that ends in 2 x DVI.

same like my 2400pro card, the connector is for either 2 x dvi cable or 2 x vga ;)

It's not a DVI connecter, it's a DMS-59 connector. It converts one port for a low-profile video card to become 2x DVI or 2x VGA ports.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMS-59

Was going to say the same thing, it's not a Dell Proprietary connection... it just combines 2 DVI/VGA outputs into 1 port. which is great for single-slot quad-DVI cards or low-profile dual DVI cards.

I have a PCI card which has 2 of those on it.

I've got tons of these in a box. Pay shipping and I'll hook you up next time I'm at the PO Box.

2x VGA or 2x DVI?

This is not proprietary. This is not Dell specific. This is not low profile card specific.

It is used for multiple monitors. Many Quadro and Matrox cards have it for multiple monitor support. I even have an ATI X2400 at my desk that has this connector.

We use these cards for our 12 headed (and 10 headed) beasts that we drive at work. Our help desk wall is composed of 2 PCs running 3 video cards each (22 monitors total). Each video card h(in my sistuation) has this connector because it can drive 4 monitors.

Back