Straightening Copper Tubing

Schtask

Limp Gawd
Hey all. I was wondering if anyone had an alternate method to straightening copper tubing other than the KwixUK straightener. They are on backorder currently and I don't want to wait 2 months to get it done.

I thought about attaching one end of the tubing in a vice and the other end with channel locks...then hitting the channel locks with a mallet to force the tube straight ( I saw this on youtube ). I'm concerned that if I do this I will cause the tubing to stretch and warp.

Any advice is appreciated.

-Joe

So, if the tubing is 3/8s ID, just insert like a 3/8s OD metal rod and just pull the tube over it?

I thought about attaching one end of the tubing in a vice and the other end with channel locks...then hitting the channel locks with a mallet to force the tube straight ( I saw this on youtube ). I'm concerned that if I do this I will cause the tubing to stretch and warp.

This is the only other method I know of without a special tool. You won't stretch or warp it more than a negligible amount if at all. The tubing will still be plenty strong enough for watercooling..

Back